Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

No reason Hatem can't establish himself as one of the best wide players in England.

he can do it from either side so let him drift, ba can pull wide as can cisse, imagine trying to mark them. we need that extra centralish midfielder to go the left of tiote and cabaye.

Jonas was actually ok in the middle when we tried playing 5 there with a striker and LW. Maybe he could do it for now.

Anyhoo, no chance of that type of floating offensive formation under Pards, i think he's very big on players being in the positions he wants them for when we lose the ball

he wasn't. he was ok on the ball but as usual his distribution was poor and his basic positioning is atrocious. he's like an 8yr old just chasing after the ball

:lol: didn't think he was that bad meself tbh.

Don't think Guthrie could do it either, he seems much better dead central. I had little sparkly hopes that Vuckic might be that kind of player but after viewing the evidence, he's no where near it!

I said in another thread, i think Pardew has an idea that he tries to fit the players to rather than truly assessing his players and then formulating an idea to suit them. So, no 4-3-3.

No reason Hatem can't establish himself as one of the best wide players in England.

he can do it from either side so let him drift, ba can pull wide as can cisse, imagine trying to mark them. we need that extra centralish midfielder to go the left of tiote and cabaye.

Jonas was actually ok in the middle when we tried playing 5 there with a striker and LW. Maybe he could do it for now.

Anyhoo, no chance of that type of floating offensive formation under Pards, i think he's very big on players being in the positions he wants them for when we lose the ball

he wasn't. he was ok on the ball but as usual his distribution was poor and his basic positioning is atrocious. he's like an 8yr old just chasing after the ball

:lol: didn't think he was that bad meself tbh.

Don't think Guthrie could do it either, he seems much better dead central. I had little sparkly hopes that Vuckic might be that kind of player but after viewing the evidence, he's no where near it!

I said in another thread, i think Pardew has an idea that he tries to fit the players to rather than truly assessing his players and then formulating an idea to suit them. So, no 4-3-3.

like i say just quickly flicked through last nights game, i was talking more in general when he's played more centrally, fulham and a couple of timen ben arfa's came on as sub.

hi ronaldo,

His best position is not right winger in a 442, he' s so good that he can do the job, but you don't really use his qualities by playing him out wide.

His best position has to be number 10 or left winger in a 4 3 3

4 2 3 1 with ben arfa 10 and real footballers around him, here we should see some real football.

Obertan playing in the ben arfa role was so funny yesterday.

and please don't tell me that he has played there and was not good three months ago, he comes back from his injury...

at 100 per cent, he should be the central ( in all means) player of this team

Not in England he shouldn't. And certainly not in our side.

He's a wide player. Fortunately Pardew now agrees with me.

hi ronaldo,

His best position is not right winger in a 442, he' s so good that he can do the job, but you don't really use his qualities by playing him out wide.

His best position has to be number 10 or left winger in a 4 3 3

4 2 3 1 with ben arfa 10 and real footballers around him, here we should see some real football.

Obertan playing in the ben arfa role was so funny yesterday.

and please don't tell me that he has played there and was not good three months ago, he comes back from his injury...

at 100 per cent, he should be the central ( in all means) player of this team

Not in England he shouldn't. And certainly not in our side.

He's a wide player. Fortunately Pardew now agrees with me.

You realize that given how shit some of Pardew's decision making has been, referencing him as agreeing to your views does nothing for the credibility of that view, quite the opposite actually  :lol:

you can't just stick a player, no matter how good, into a #10 role and expect things to happen if he doesn't have the team around him to thrive anyway - which we don't have have

for it to work the team would need to be playing the ball on the ground, through the midfield and have plenty of movement off the ball

we don't check many of those boxes do we?

The sort of things he's produced from that right wing since the new year (goal vs Blackburn, goal vs Fulham, goal yesterday and the performances against QPR and the mackems) should see him there for the rest of the season. If we play football, he can inspire us to a couple of much needed victories.

Can i just put a little dampener on proceeedings.

He had a good game and did what he was in the team to do which was to pull a rabbit out of the hat with a cracking goal.

However, it was noticeable afterwards that he was forced outside onto his right foot a lot and he clearly doesn't have a right foot. (They did the same to Jonas mind on the other side).

Is right wing therefore really the best place to play him??

I can't really remember his actually getting the ball that much after his goal to be honest  :lol:  May be slightly true for that game but I'd give it a few more before coming to any sort of conclusions like that.

I can't really remember his actually getting the ball that much after his goal to be honest  :lol:  May be slightly true for that game but I'd give it a few more before coming to any sort of conclusions like that.

My point being i'd have preferred him to play in the central/free role and Obertan to have played wide right.

My point being i'd have preferred him to play in the central/free role and Obertan to have played wide right.

If that happened then the goal would have never happened..... funny enough the goal came from Obertan being in the centre and passing it outwide to Ben Arfa to run at Gibbs.

I personally think Ben Arfa outwide is best option, but another option should have been chosen instead of Obertan who should have been nowhere near the team  :lol:

Obertan should have been hauled off after half an hour after his aimless wandering around doing fuck all. Instead Pardew was as usual quick to take off an actual footballer in Santon because he had the temerity to cross the halfway line with the ball.

Can do far more damage on the right, gives him more options. Ba and in particular, Cisse, are good and intelligent movers, we need him to pick out passes to them because that's a big part of their games (and his) that we're criminally under-using.

Play him right midfield of a 4-4-2 against Norwich and he'll wreak havoc.

Obertan should have been hauled off after half an hour after his aimless wandering around doing fuck all. Instead Pardew was as usual quick to take off an actual footballer in Santon because he had the temerity to cross the halfway line with the ball.

Santon was Gash. Perch did much better.

Santon was Gash. Perch did much better.

No problem with Perch, I've always backed him when 90% on here were slating him, but the worst player on the pitch yesterday was Obertan. We'd have done far better putting Santon in midifeld rather than keep Obertan on the pitch.

Guest WashyGeordie

Says it all (and just realised) that Ben Arfa now has the same amount of goals as Best. :lol:

But he should definately start on Sunday. I'd actually keep the same team (if Tiote is fit of course)

Outside of Ben Arfa, Ba and (seemingly) Cisse we haven't got any goal scorers up to scratch, basically.  Best and Shola aren't good enough to start. 

Fortunately we won't be deprived of both Cisse and Ba any time soon.....