Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Technically the Blackburn one was probably better, but you're right that the situation in the Bolton game needed something to spark us into life.

Mad that we are debating between two goals in a season where a NUFC player basically beat an entire team on his own.

Guest icemanblue

Technically the Blackburn one was probably better, but you're right that the situation in the Bolton game needed something to spark us into life.

Mad that we are debating between two goals in a season where a NUFC player basically beat an entire team on his own.

We were getting beat against Blackburn, fwiw.

Guest firetotheworks

The Blackburn one was technically better, but I prefer the Bolton one for it's directness. It was a school yard goal.

Fwiw my favourite last season to watch now is his vs WBA. For in the moment thrills, Cisse's.

His goal vs WBA is so good, like. Brilliantly high octane, an absolutely lethal drive directly into the heart of the opposition. Why can't we have that powerful fluid front 3 again?

My fave goal from that WBA game was Cisse's 2nd.... The dribble and link up from Ben Arfa to Ba who backheeled it to Ben Arfa who in turn cut it back for Cisse.

It was beautiful  :smitten:

I prefer the Bolton one, mainly because I was there, remember it was a frustrating game and needed something special to spark it into life. Loved the thrill when he turned Ricketts then kept on going as the crowd shouted 'go on... go on...go on' then his little toe poke finish. I was sat at the top of the Gallowgate and the celebration after he scored it was unbelievable, 1 minute of sheer euphoria, wish the Blackburn goal had of been in the league.

I recall saying at the time the Bolton game had reached a point where everyone in the ground was so frustrated it was like Hatem just said "fuck this, give me the damn ball". Like a kid on a playground. That's how it felt anyway.

Yeah just watched them all.  That Gaston fella should win.  Ridiculous bit of skill. 

Who the fuck even attempts that?! :lol:

In the Bolivian league I'd attempt it :D

Incidentally I remember when Robert did something similar.

For me bicycle kick goals are over rated. Sure they are nice, but in most cases the striker just takes a chance and the skill is timing and making the right contact. Especially in Falcao's goals, nobody was practically marking him. He had all the time to to take aim and make the leap. Far more difficult IMO to dribble past several players with all sorts of dribbling skills and trickeries the way Hatem did. Also don't think Messi's goal should be in that list (he's scored better ones). After he beat the first man, he had acres of space to run to, everyone was backing off until the last defender who just tried to force him inside. The fact that he sort of curled the ball into the top corner made it look beautiful but there's quite a few of those scored every season let alone friendly matches.

HATEM BEN ARFA says that Newcastle must take out their anger on Swansea City tomorrow – or risk jeopardising the top-five status they worked so hard for last season.

Passionate Ben Arfa admits it took him until yesterday morning to cool down from the ordeal of losing to West Ham United and watching the likes Kevin Nolan and Andy Carroll leave St James’ Park with three points.

Now he is keen to put things right against the Swans, and he told the Chronicle: “Now I’m better, but I was very upset this week.

“And everyone else was too because we should have won the West Ham game.”

Ben Arfa’s big concern is losing touch with the top four, and he knows United must get their act together at St James’.

He said: “We have to start to make the most of the games at home.

“Now we have to start winning games. If we don’t, it’ll be very hard.

“It’s not a cup final tomorrow, but it’s very important for everybody.

“If we don’t win, maybe we will lose a little confidence. If we win, we will build.

“To have a very good season, you have to win three or four games consecutively.

“Now it’s not good for us after losing.”

But Ben Arfa is not only eyeing a win tomorrow, he is also keen to see Newcastle really sparkle for 90 minutes for the first time this season.

He said: “It’s very, very important against Swansea – we have to get points.

“We’re in the middle of the league, and that is not our ambition.

“We have to win, and we have to try to score more goals to move up to the right end of the table.”

Ben Arfa has been staying behind after training to brush up on his finishing and to rediscover his sharpness in front of goal after a series of near misses against West Ham.

He said: “I’ve been practising a lot more. In the last game, we created some situations, but didn’t score.

“If you want to win games, we have to score, that’s how simple it is.”

Just 12 months ago Ben Arfa was just returning from long-term injury and about to start his first Premier League game against Manchester City.

That day ended in defeat, but Ben Arfa isn’t content with just playing these days.

And he is desperate to avoid another week of doom and gloom like the one he has endured after West Ham.

He said: “I’m happy to be on the pitch. When you’re a footballer, you want to be on the pitch.

“But I’m happier when we win. When we lose, I’m very sad.

“When I play and we win, I’m very, very happy.

“That’s why Saturday is a very big game.

“We didn’t have all the players. Cheick and Colo weren’t here.

“Now Jonas isn’t here. It’s very hard for us – he’s a very important player. This game is very important.”

Much has been made over Ben Arfa’s role this season and where he can be used best.

Many fans feel that the 4-3-3 formation that served the Magpies so well last term is the way forward.

But Ben Arfa said: “I enjoy all formations. The most important thing is to build very good play on the pitch – to keep the ball and go forward.

“I think there are a lot of good players here, and all players can play in this team.”

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/11/16/ben-arfa-wants-to-take-his-anger-out-on-swansea-72703-32243447/#ixzz2COLyKRbA

Glad to see the media are starting to question Pardew's tactics as well by referring back to last season's 4-3-3.

Yep, two or three times I've read that now in the locals.

Good to see Ben Arfa trotting out some nothing response when he could have publically criticised the tactics.

Happy enough for the media to come out with it but would rather the team kept any issues in-house.

He's wasted completely on the wing coming from deep in a 442 unless of course you have so much creativity elsewhere that a team can't afford to double up on him with. We ofcourse only have HBA as an attacking threat.

is a massive part of our problems right there in a nutshell