Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

He's not done enough for him to command a huge fee, we value him way higher and it's still potential. Noone will be willing to spend huge money on an injury prone player who has scored a few wondergoals. We know he's top class and i suspect he'll stay this summer as our valuationof him will be way above others.

Basically.

Guest hydeous

Seems like he was playing in a completely different team back then. Can't wait to see him with this new setup and class players. Especially looking forward to HBA + Sissoko. Should be great to watch.

Watch that video and get renewed faith in why you love football... Mike, please don't ever sell him, we are all quite happy to pay our match tickets just to see some seconds of brilliance from him... swooon!

If HBA left, I think we'd look more to signing an upgrade of Marveaux/Jonas/Obertan, than a like-for-like.

I dont think so, Pardew has come out and said he's our best player. I cant imagine if he was sold he wouldnt be replaced.

What a shit conversation this is by the way.

If HBA left, I think we'd look more to signing an upgrade of Marveaux/Jonas/Obertan, than a like-for-like.

I dont think so, Pardew has come out and said he's our best player. I cant imagine if he was sold he wouldnt be replaced.

What a s*** conversation this is by the way.

I think we'd get a quality player undoubtably. Just think it'd be more like someone like Remy (not saying it would be him) than a Ben arfa.

When did Unbelievable! and College Dropout get to be such horrific posters? :lol: the football forum is a much worse place these days.

Not sure why some like to be so pessimistic even with clearly our best player. Just enjoy him FFS

That video man.  You see him just skipping past people on the first few clips, then later in the game people just taking him down :lol: It's like a compliment ha 'we know we can't stop you, so fuck it we'll take you down'

Also, creased at Schwarzer's flop when he scores 'that' goal :lol:

When did Unbelievable! and College Dropout get to be such horrific posters? :lol: the football forum is a much worse place these days.

Not sure why some like to be so pessimistic even with clearly our best player. Just enjoy him FFS

Why is it pessimistic to state that even Hatem Ben Arfa has a price? It's not like I hope we sell him, or even expect us to, as I don't think any club will offer an amount that would entice us to sell (20 million or more). Has nothing to do with being able to enjoy him either; I most certainly do, and wish I could do more as I don't think he's featured enough or played to his full potential over a prolounged period since coming here.

Don't kid yourselves. If anybody offered us 20 million Mike would snap their hands off.

Dont kid yourself, he'd reject it and wait for the inevitable increased offer to come in, then do the same again until he's milked them for an astronomical fee.  If they wont pay that kind of fee then he wont be going there IMO.  Unless he requests the move, which seems incredibly unlikely.

Aye, if he held out for 35m for Carrol that puts Ben Arfa around 3.5billion....

Why is it pessimistic to state that even Hatem Ben Arfa has a price? It's not like I hope we sell him, or even expect us to, as I don't think any club will offer an amount that would entice us to sell (20 million or more). Has nothing to do with being able to enjoy him either; I most certainly do, and wish I could do more as I don't think he's featured enough or played to his full potential over a prolounged period since coming here.

PSG if he has a really decent end to the season ?

Fully agree with you mate. HBA's probably my favourite player. If he plays to his potential for a season and a half he will most likely get a move.

If someone offered £20m in the summer which i'm confident nobody will. He would most likely be sold, at that price at this moment in time 5-8m of that would be for potential for someone who is almost 26.

Could all change in a flash though. He comes back, scores 8 goals. His value will be towards £30m...

If 20m was all it took both Cabaye and Ben Arfa would have left in the summer.

Mike would snap ur hands off for 20m for Santon but not Cabaye and Ben Arfa.

The only key player we have sold who had a long contract was Carroll and any idiot would have accepted that.

Not sure why people think why we an easy sale and a selling club we are not.

Why even f***ing bother discussing his price and eventual sale ffs?

I didn't bring it up. Just shared me opinion.

If 20m was all it took both Cabaye and Ben Arfa would have left in the summer.

Mike would snap ur hands off for 20m for Santon but not Cabaye and Ben Arfa.

The only key player we have sold who had a long contract was Carroll and any idiot would have accepted that.

Not sure why people think why we an easy sale and a selling club we are not.

Nobody's offered £20m for either. E

very club except a small handful, are selling clubs. Our best players should only go to that small group unless others are willing to spend as if they belong in that group.

Without Ben Arfa extending his contract in the coming months I would be quiet concerned about him leaving in the summer.  The closer it gets to the end of his contract, the less security we have and therefore the less leverage we have when determining our sale fee.  There will come a panic point where we will have to listen to offers before his value sinks too low.

Of course, there will always be a Ben Arfa release fee; a value that the club considers "too good to turn down".  The club would be stupid not to have a value at which they will be willing to sell.  I can think of very limited circumstances where it wouldn't make sense to do so.  And to add a caveat, they may have an optimum sale time in mind.