Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Interview with him in the Times today. Would love to read if anyone has it.

Paying to read an article?  :yao:

Not going to subscribe to an English newspaper.

On the other hand I might actually do that if this continues to be a problem.

Now you've got me thinking.

"It's really special to be back. I think we can turn this into a better season than it might have seemed.

"I'd love to win titles, silverware. To give everything I can so that at the end of my career I can look back and have no regrets. Why not here? It's a beautiful club.

"There's everything here to succeed; a great stadium and infrastructure, brilliant fans, good players. Everything is in place."

"I feel a great sense of pride to see all the French players arriving," he said. "They are great signings. We've recruited very well."

Ben Arfa is keen to repay manager Pardew for the faith shown in him, adding: "We have a good relationship.

"He's given me a lot of responsibility, but he's done it gradually, so he's learnt exactly where I play best. And he now has confidence in me, which has really helped my game. I want to repay him for that."

"It's really special to be back. I think we can turn this into a better season than it might have seemed.

"I'd love to win titles, silverware. To give everything I can so that at the end of my career I can look back and have no regrets. Why not here? It's a beautiful club.

"There's everything here to succeed; a great stadium and infrastructure, brilliant fans, good players. Everything is in place."

"I feel a great sense of pride to see all the French players arriving," he said. "They are great signings. We've recruited very well."

Ben Arfa is keen to repay manager Pardew for the faith shown in him, adding: "We have a good relationship.

"He's given me a lot of responsibility, but he's done it gradually, so he's learnt exactly where I play best. And he now has confidence in me, which has really helped my game. I want to repay him for that."

:thup:

http://i.imgur.com/S0W6N.gif

"I came with a great sense of adventure," he said. "I knew it would be a challenge and very difficult at the beginning because I didn't speak very good English and nobody here spoke French then, but it has been a fantastic experience for me.

"I have the confidence of the manager, the owner, all the coaching staff. I really trust in their ethos.

"And there's also something that just clicked with the supporters. It's one of those feelings that's difficult to explain.

Man, sounds just as excited as the fans, about the new arrivals and how well it's all come together.

He's realising we could challenge anyone with the lot we've added now.

Bet he's impressed by how well the team have played without him even in there, and can't wait to join the party.

These signings have been so huge in so many ways.

Guest VanBarduck
at the end of my career I can look back and have no regrets. Why not here?
http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/Smileys/Newcastle-Online/sweetjesus.png

HBA is a player that can't be replaced by anyone in the world imo, and i don't mean quality wise. He's just such a special player and person in many ways for us in our eyes. Not just that, but the whole HBA saga has been a lovely story.

Proud to have him at our club and long may it continue.

Great quotes, despite all the new challengers he's still my favourite current player and I think when he's back, we'll go up another level in terms of attacking play. I think we'll see much more of his vision and intelligence when he returns, I thought he was playing well before his injury on an individual level but now, with far more movement around him, he won't have to do so much on his own in terms of creating space and opportunities (for both himself and others).

I have a feeling he'll strike up and instant partnership with Gouffran, who makes so many excellent unseen, off-the-shoulder runs between the full back and centre half.