Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Don't think Pardew will be able to resist the temptation of having him on the bench.

There's always the risk of re-injury/injury, but I don't think AP was saying that Hatem wasn't fit in the sense that he was physically injured/still recovering.

Taking all the footballing attributes  out of the equation it would be the same as there being nothing physically preventing me from taking part in the Swansea game, but it is pretty obvious I don't have the conditioning to cope with the pace, endurance etc aspects.

Obviously in a much less extreme way Hatem isn't in good enough condition to cope with playing an extended part in a PL game. 

Will be more than reasonable if he still needs some time to get up to speed. I think people are just hopeful of an earlier appearance after he came in clearly the fittest of our lot at the start of the season despite having not much training/ pre-season.

Really see no need in rushing him back.  3 wins in last 4 league games and two massive Europa ties coming up.  If he is not 100% ready, do not play him at all, even for 10 minutes.  He will not be properly warmed up and it only takes a tired challenge at the end of the game to set him back.

Would rather not see him for a game or two and make sure he can play the last 8-9 league games a full speed, for 90 minutes.

Personally I would keep him back until Stoke and the return Anzhi match, they are more important.

Yeah he could be vital for the return leg if we're still in with a chance

"There is no blame attached to him. I am not being critical of him. I am just telling our fans because I know our fans are like "let's get Hatem in the team," and he ain't ready."

Funny how that bit's not been included in many of the other reports of this story.

Except in Pards speak, he would've said,"let's get Ha-tam back in the team."

Guest VanBarduck
“Everybody was concerned about the amount of French players we had here – but what they have is a winning mentality.” “They have a hard working mentality, and that’s half the battle.”

“I was just talking to Hatem the other day, and he told me he’s really excited about the opportunity of playing with these lads – who are so talented – once he’s fully fit.”

“They aren’t just talented – they work hard, and they have a good team ethic.” “That will have a good effect on everybody else, especially Hatem. So I think the fans have taken to it very well.”

“I was surprised to hear the French national anthem, but it’s a catchy tune, so I think everybody’s getting into the spirit of it.” “It has certainly been a big boost for us.” The club also has themed-days at the training ground to make its players feel welcome.”

“We had the French day, and everybody embraced it which was really good.” “There was a little bit of fun. It certainly gave the French lads a boost.” “It’s difficult coming into a different country.”

- See more at: http://www.nufcblog.com/2013/03/01/our-french-players-talented-work-hard-and-have-team-ethic/#sthash.Eo07aXJa.dpuf

quotes from Carver

Ideally wont be used today. Get him back 100%, no silly risks needed with the form we've hit. Big games coming up that we're going to need him for.

Hatem Ben Arfa back in this team fully fit, with the new lads and the attacking threat they bring, is a mouth watering prospect.

Cisse

Gouffran    Sissoko    Ben Arfa

Looks so perfect, hard to think what is missing. Maybe if Cisse was like Sir Les in the air but we shouldn't really be playing the sort of football that requires that sort of ball into the box. So much pace, intelligence, workrate, ability to take on a man, technique, ability to hit one out of the blue etc..

:megusta:

The thing is, he's still at the age where if he sorted himself out he could make a decent Championship career at the least...he won't though.

Pardon?

Blatantly meant Ranger.

Or he's decided to give Meth a go.

Edit: Just seen the Ranger thread :okay: