Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Guest VanBarduck
“It’s a big year for Hatem to stay fit. I don’t worry about anything else with Hatem,” “I look at him and we all know when we train with him he’s got exceptional talent. “

“We need it on the pitch and we need more of it. That’s something we’ve worked really hard with him on this summer, particularly in pre-season. He got his rest from that hamstring injury.”

“Remember that was a terrible hamstring injury and I remember people questioning if he would come back the same. Actually in pre-season he’s produced faster times than anyone else. We know that burst of power is there and that is what sets him apart.”

Find it hard to believe...

“It’s a big year for Hatem to stay fit. I don’t worry about anything else with Hatem,” “I look at him and we all know when we train with him he’s got exceptional talent. “

“We need it on the pitch and we need more of it. That’s something we’ve worked really hard with him on this summer, particularly in pre-season. He got his rest from that hamstring injury.”

“Remember that was a terrible hamstring injury and I remember people questioning if he would come back the same. Actually in pre-season he’s produced faster times than anyone else. We know that burst of power is there and that is what sets him apart.”

Find it hard to believe...

Can't be faster than obertan

Is it really that surprising? He's got tremendous acceleration. He's quite deceptive when it comes to pace, he sort of glides over longer distances which gives the impression that he's not that quick but we've seen him run the length of the pitch with the ball at his feet with opposition trying to catch up.

Whenever in any doubt, just look at any highlight video of any game that he is in.

This lad has it all.... has most tools needed to be one of the best, just needs to put a few seasons together, and i think the consistency will come as well....

His acceleration is unbelievable over short distances.

:thup: the Bolton goal displayed everything. Initial huge turn and burst of speed, prolonged pace and close control of the ball.

That goal man  :megusta:

It clocks in at 7 seconds from him receiving the ball in our half and the ball hitting the net :lol:

He often doesn't run at full speed because he likes to draw a player in before bursting away.

Yep, his judgement of space is excellent, almost like he sees the future and knows when not to move! He does a lot with the eyes and body movement as well I think, defenders often move to where he appears to be heading, but he carries on straight.

He often doesn't run at full speed because he likes to draw a player in before bursting away.

He wasn't exceptionally quick or the first player to do it but the player who sticks out most in my mind for this is Bergkamp. Slowing things right down then 'sprinting' past a player to get that extra yard on them, he was very clever at pulling this off considering he wasn't exactly Theo Walcott.

He wasn't exceptionally quick or the first player to do it but the player who sticks out most in my mind for this is Bergkamp. Slowing things right down then 'sprinting' past a player to get that extra yard on them, he was very clever at pulling this off considering he wasn't exactly Theo Walcott.

Henry took that to the extreme, when he would just stop the ball dead, face up to the defender and then breeze past him :lol:

While you mention Walcott - it's interesting to note how they are different. Walcott tends to just run really fast all the time but usually without engaging any part of his brain. Suppose it works, though.

When you watch him for 90 minutes there's a lot of the time it isn't working. He's a good player, but his technique is a world away from anyone like Ben Arfa.