Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

For every good thing he does two bad things.

I am absolutely sick of his 'on ball in centre, stand, trap ball, i'm about to do something, trap the ball, there are players all around me to pass to, lets stand around, shall i run into that space that is still there? no, trap the ball again. OK, nothing has happenned for 15 seconds, better turn pass the ball one yard backwards to Danny Guthrie' routine.

Then Guthrie plays the pass he should have played 12 seconds before.

:lol:

Clueless.

Pardew says Ben Arfa came on and made a difference, gave us something different - flair and exuberance.

Says Hatem is maneuvering into the starting eleven, worked very hard and is starting to understand the team concept.

He's said this without direct prompting from the interviewer about Ben Arfa. Pretty much made a point of praising Ben Arfa alone.

Good stuff :thup:

:thup:

I am absolutely sick of his 'on ball in centre, stand, trap ball, i'm about to do something, trap the ball, there are players all around me to pass to, lets stand around, shall i run into that space that is still there? no, trap the ball again. OK, nothing has happenned for 15 seconds, better turn pass the ball one yard backwards to Danny Guthrie' routine.

Dear god.

FWIW he wasn't outstanding today by any means (neither was anyone else), he did display some moments of true quality though which should only become more frequent with more time on the pitch.

And the reason he stands on the ball is because he can, i'm pretty sure every player in our squad wishes they were shown as much respect tbh :lol:

By the way, how good would this lad be with two forwards capable of decent movement and being able to work the channels?

Excellent point. If you are reading this James, don't scratch your head too long, I doubt it will sink in anyway.

You do wonder whether Pardew understands the knock-on effect of having Ben Arfa on the pitch. Automatically, the opposition is likely to have another player go over to close him down, which in turn creates some space for Guthrie or whoever to exploit, which in turn gets the opposition out of shape a bit more, and that's how chances are created. The mere fact he's on the pitch should be seen as a benefit. Yes, he needs to back it up with quality which he has in abundance, but he shouldn't be assessed merely by how many passes or shots he has.

For every good post you do you make 50 bad ones.

For every good post you do you make 50 bad ones.

50? If Barfa improves his ratio as much as James appears to have done, we'll be fine.

Thought he did well, but clearly showed why he needs a run in the team (out fucking wide) to work on his touch and teammates' movement or lack thereof. We were a better side with him on the pitch and that's all that should matter.