Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

People go on about Tevez and Mascherano. Style wise I'd say Benayoun is the better comparison. A player who was signed by, and who excelled under Pardew.

This is made up. Good one though. ;)

I thought he was fairly accurate really.

People go on about Tevez and Mascherano. Style wise I'd say Benayoun is the better comparison. A player who was signed by, and who excelled under Pardew.

:clap:

The Tevez/Mascherano thing is a bunch of nonsense anyway. He plays Tiote but surely he doesn't know how to handle defensive midfielders because he refused to play Mascherano didn't he...  ???

Which part? He was brilliant that season they got to the Cup Final.

He was already the best player to come out of Israel....Like ever. :lol:

Player nobody gives a fuck about+drop tenously into another debate+Jewish connection= Will get away with it on NO. :lol:

Not with me old son. ;)

The concern with Pardew is he couldn't work out how to fit world class players into his side and they had to move to more sophisticated teams to show their quality. I want to see us try to emulate Tottenham's style of play at the end of the day, if Ryan Taylor is Pardew's right sided version of Gareth Bale then I see a problem in the plan.

Guest Karamoja Bell

The talent is there for all to see. The question is - what will we do with it? Will he be given time, trust and confidence to develop out on the pitch?

Whether or not he starts versus Wolves will probably be the definitive answer to that. If we cannot find a place in the squad for him at home  vs Wolves- versus arguably the worst team in the league and now even managerless - there will never be a place in the squad for him - ever, IMO.

Would be a pity to play a 4-4-2 with effectively 4 fullbacks and tiote + cabaye ( two midfielders lieing quite deep).  Not that Ba isnt able to convert some long balls into netters, but still.

Would love a bit of continental fotball to go along with our continental players O0

We can all go on about everything and anything as to why he's not in the team, but to put it simply there's no reason why he shouldn't be playing ahead of Raylor or Obertan or whoever else Pardew elects. He's a magnificent player and how demonstrated that in the minimal time he's had on the pitch for us. No excuse not to play him.

Guest Karamoja Bell

Well Pardew seems to have one seeing as he rates Ryan Taylor as a "key midfielder", whereas basically the whole bench is ahead of hatem in the pecking order.

Mind you this is the Ryan Taylor who could barely get on the bench let alone get a game in the championship. Im happy for the lad to get playing time but at what cost?

Well Pardew seems to have one seeing as he rates Ryan Taylor as a "key midfielder", whereas basically the whole bench is ahead of hatem in the pecking order.

Mind you this is the Ryan Taylor who could barely get on the bench let alone get a game in the championship. Im happy for the lad to get playing time but at what cost?

He's a good squad player to have, but not a chance in hell should he be ahead of Ben Arfa. If Pardew wants to accommodate both in the team then it's simple; turf out Danny Simpson and player Raylor at RB.

Guest Karamoja Bell

Reasons must be eiither

A, Some sort of bust-up between the two ( pards and HBA)

B, Massively defensive-minded mindset where an average grafter is preferred to an extremely talented offensive player...

Or both.

It could also be that Pardew (rightfully) realises that Ba will convert even long-balls and hoofing into goals, making it a win-win scenario where we can both half-way park the bus as well as being a threat. Its not a bad idea actually ( if we disregard the fact that its a bit tedious to watch), but we dont have the quality to pull it off on the wings, Simpson is massively shite and Santon is still not the finished article.

Parking the bus + having venomous strikers up top works well vs poorer teams because they dont have the flair and passing to get through, but versus the top teams who are on it - like tottenham - it becomes a slaughter...

Guest hatem garrincha

Whether or not he starts versus Wolves will probably be the definitive answer to that. If we cannot find a place in the squad for him at home  vs Wolves- versus arguably the worst team in the league and now even managerless - there will never be a place in the squad for him - ever, IMO.

:(

He'll not start against Wolves but he'll play, then get a run of starts till the end of the season  O0

Guest Karamoja Bell

:(

He'll not start against Wolves but he'll play, then get a run of starts till the end of the season  O0

Starting Ryan Taylor over him at home to a managerless wolves-team coming off a 1-5 slaughter - at home - to fucking WBA, would be an epic act of cowardice tbh.. makes Neville Chamberlains little trip to Poland in 1939 seem like Joan of Arc in comparison...

Or he'll get another 3 starts in March, get taken off at half time of the third one and not play again :(

Guest hatem garrincha

Or he'll get another 3 starts in March, get taken off at half time of the third one and not play again :(

I must admit, my last post = wishful thinking.

Guest Karamoja Bell

Ridiculous if he doesn't start against Wolves, but I doubt he will. Fair enough he hasn't been brilliant since he came back but he offers a hell of a lot more than Obertan and Raylor in midfield.

Offensively....which doesnt matter that much in Pardews ( or Cajuns..) book..I mean - who cares right? Ba will take care of that feeding off scraps. :crazy2: As long as you sell yourself in as a grafter thats a hall pass for 20 games with pardew..

Ridiculous if he doesn't start against Wolves, but I doubt he will. Fair enough he hasn't been brilliant since he came back but he offers a hell of a lot more than Obertan and Raylor in midfield.

Offensively....which doesnt matter that much in Pardews ( or Cajuns..) book..I mean - who cares right? Ba will take care of that feeding off scraps. :crazy2: As long as you sell yourself in as a grafter thats a hall pass for 20 games with pardew..

Yeah we have done shit this season so far to be fair, I shouldn't argue though because this one player starting would have definitely lead to better results and we would more than likely be challenging Spurs for third :thup:

Guest Karamoja Bell

Why limit ourselves mentally? We have come this high with a fair share of passenger players who are barely PL quality, whos to say we wouldnt have been higher if those positions were occupied by talented players? Is there some sort of cap for how high a club not included in the Skysports "top-6 talk" can finish? Hell, Everton finished fourth not that many summers ago...

Honestly, all Arsenal Chelsea and Liverpool have going for them this season is a big name, which will have a majority of the lesser teams come to matches with hat in hand.

Hopefully he is working his socks off and working hard and looking to impress Pardew in trainging,  if he spends the next week going through the motions then Raylor will get the nod for the Wolves game as he will be working 100% in training as he'll be showing the manager that he is fully fit after his injury and wants to play.

Wish the point of view 'we're 5th/6th in the league' so we can't really challenge pardew on the whole didn't exist.I've said this before and been criticized for it but in terms of performances this season we've been average considering the players at disposal.we should be controlling games more and dictating play.hatem can help us to do that and while it means adopting a more risky strategy where we may lose points (look at Keegan in his second managerial spell) we will on the whole benefit from it.my only thought is that we're bedding in a lot of new players this season an maybe it's taking a while for them to play as one but if next season we play the standard of football we have this season,there is no chance of us being a top six contender

I wrote this on an iPhone so it might be drivel.I mean what I say however

Yeah we have done s*** this season so far to be fair, I shouldn't argue though because this one player starting would have definitely lead to better results and we would more than likely be challenging Spurs for third :thup:

I honestly don't get this mentality/retort used whenever anyone has any criticism that we've done well so far, implying that we therefore must have done everything right. If we assume that we've done well already and it will stay this way till the end of the season, then let's just all jump hip hip hooray and not bother analyzing or commenting anymore on this forum. Why is it not possible to appreciate that yes we have done well so far whilst also suggesting that we could do better if we make some positive changes which quite frankly is staring us right in the face.

Considering the players at disposal?

Look at the clubs around us, would they have Perch, Raylor, Guthrie, Best, Ameobi, Simpson, Obertan or Lovenkrands anywhere near their sides?

Yes we have some class players but those mentioned have played a hell of a lot between them so it's all well and good looking at 'on paper', the fact is we are doing well and the manager deserves a lot of credit for that, not excuses why we are doing so well in spite of him, mostly down to the fact he won't play one player for whatever reason (too scared etc..)