Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Just one thing to add - one of the posts suggested Pardew's first thought is defensive and that is bad. Well, not necessarily - but surely he'd have played 4-5-1 against us if that was true? It all points to a specific issue between Ben Arfa and Pardew, whatever that might be.

Guest Dontooner

Lee Ryder is a Muppet. On his four ass licking the club everytime he gets his chance.

But well some might argue or assume he is a professional journalist ' he must know what he is saying"

Along those lines:

Ashely owns a football club and "must know how to run it "

Pardew has us in top 6 therefore "Dont question him, he getting the best out of the team" 

He's not defensive per se, he's just conservative and likes to keep the game tight. Also, he has achieved 6th place without Ben Arfa and is reluctant to tinker too much with the system. Also, out fullbacks need a lot of protection (in theory).

That Ryder chat is appalling, what the fuck is he doing pretending to have any expertise or knowledge of what's going on with Ben Arfa?

When the two midfield lynchpins get back for Wolves we should be playing this if we want fluid, cogent football with posession in postive areas (keeping the ball alive in their half).

O.......O....O......O

...........O.............

......O........O........

..........OHBA..............

............OBa........

........Papiss....

That's very narrow, teams will just play around us, dragging everyone out of position.

ManC, Chelsea play that way.  They have good enough full backs to do it, which is the point you should have made. :)

I think also if we went with that type of formation you'd see Ben Arfa and Ba naturally finding wide positions also to find space and it wouldn't seem as narrow as the picture suggests. Need top fullbacks to make it work well though.

He's not defensive per se, he's just conservative and likes to keep the game tight. Also, he has achieved 6th place without Ben Arfa and is reluctant to tinker too much with the system. Also, out fullbacks need a lot of protection (in theory).

That Ryder chat is appalling, what the f*** is he doing pretending to have any expertise or knowledge of what's going on with Ben Arfa?

This. It's irresponsible. The club should step in and get him to stop doing it because he really knows fuck all more than anyone else on here.

Yeah, it's more 'organised' than 'defensive'. It still isn't the best to watch for the most part though.

Ryder is a thunderous mongtard, that much has been obvious for a while, however he outdid himself with the "you can't speak for the majority of NUFC fans" line when the poll underneath showed that the majority of NUFC fans were in agreement with the lad asking the question :lol:

:lol: He is not very sharp that Lee lad. I am not sure what the point is with that web-chat, it is just so meaningless.

Ryder is a thunderous mongtard, that much has been obvious for a while, however he outdid himself with the "you can't speak for the majority of NUFC fans" line when the poll underneath showed that the majority of NUFC fans were in agreement with the lad asking the question :lol:

:lol: He is not very sharp that Lee lad. I am not sure what the point is with that web-chat, it is just so meaningless.

It was a PR exercise after he got loads of jip on Twitter for publishing stuff that was massively unrepresentitive of the supporter's views. Unsurprisingly it's just reaffirmed the belief many head that he's shit at his job.

Guest reefatoon

When the two midfield lynchpins get back for Wolves we should be playing this if we want fluid, cogent football with posession in postive areas (keeping the ball alive in their half).

O.......O....O......O

......O........O........

............OBa........

........Papiss....

That's very narrow, teams will just play around us, dragging everyone out of position.

ManC, Chelsea play that way.  They have good enough full backs to do it, which is the point you should have made. :)

I think also if we went with that type of formation you'd see Ben Arfa and Ba naturally finding wide positions also to find space and it wouldn't seem as narrow as the picture suggests. Need top fullbacks to make it work well though.

I wouldn't want to pull our top scorer out wide, would make no sense (I am sure I have been on this little conversation roundabout before, starting to remind me of "there's a hole in my bucket" song)

O.......O....O......O

......O........O........

............OBa........

........Papiss....

Judging by Spurs, i.e. 1 game, it seems Cisse was kean to go wide and put in a couple of tasty crosses actually. Good players don't need to stick to rigid formations though, they read the game and exploit accordingly.

There's another one of those Ryder chats next week.

:bruce:

There's one every week. As long as no-one pays attention to it, then he/the Chronicle may decide to scrap it methinks (here's hoping). Ryder's tweets are bad enough but his webchats really do take it up to the next level. He's an absolute idiot.

O.......O....O......O

......O........O........

............OBa........

........Papiss....

Judging by Spurs, i.e. 1 game, it seems Cisse was kean to go wide and put in a couple of tasty crosses actually. Good players don't need to stick to rigid formations though, they read the game and exploit accordingly.

Spot on.

People go on about Tevez and Mascherano. Style wise I'd say Benayoun is the better comparison. A player who was signed by, and who excelled under Pardew.

:clap: