Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Find it a little baffling to hear various commentators yesterday intimate that Ben Arfa will be "sussed out" once defenders make sure they keep him from cutting in onto his left. It's not like a) he doesn't have any skill on his right b) he doesn't pick the ball up on the left flank and floats about anyway. He can beat defenders so bad for his pace on his right, that he more often than not has time to get back on his left afterwards anyway :lol:

Find it a little baffling to hear various commentators yesterday intimate that Ben Arfa will be "sussed out" once defenders make sure they keep him from cutting in onto his left. It's not like a) he doesn't have any skill on his right b) he doesn't pick the ball up on the left flank and floats about anyway. He can beat defenders so bad for his pace on his right, that he more often than not has time to get back on his left afterwards anyway :lol:

:thup:

Not only can he use his right, but, he has the colse control and technique to get on to his left peg regardless of whether or not the opposing defender knows this :lol:

aye, it's not like many players can stop him getting onto his left either.  Look against the mackems, 2 of them on his left trying to stop him, so he casually nips through the middle and gets his shot off :lol: looking forward to (hopefully) seeing him torment Jose :D

:thup:

Not only can he use his right, but, he has the colse control and technique to get on to his left peg regardless of whether or not the opposing defender knows this :lol:

The whole point is that defenders can't commit 100% to stopping him going onto his left, because if they do he'll go the other way easily.

He prefers his left obviously, and it's evident when he plays wide right, but to say he just cuts in is a stupid simplification.

It was the MoTD bit that got my goat, tbh. It's like they have some compulsion to dampen praise, by blaming the opposition 'for not knowing better than to keep him on his right' or saying Olsson was unfortunate to slip at the wrong moment.

Rattled :laugh:

Guest Roger Kint

Been very impressed with his all round play the past few weeks, finally realised that passing is good for the team. His talent was never in question but bringing others into play has really made him look the part lately. Yesterday was his best display for us imo(yes including Everton)

Been very impressed with his all round play the past few weeks, finally realised that passing is good for the team. His talent was never in question but bringing others into play has really made him look the part lately. Yesterday was his best display for us imo(yes including Everton)

Agree

At least twice yesterday I was shouting 'pass it, pass it, pass it.....PASS.IT.' while he was on the ball, I don't think it's a case of him realising anything, he's still the same player. When he's playing for 70/80 minutes you get the real player imo, not the one desperately trying to impress like some of us were saying. He'll do frustrating things and hang onto it too long or lose it, but as he plays more he'll do it gradually less and less, he'll also make professional footballers look like school boys an awful lot. :thup:

Tt was the MoTD bit that got my goat tbh. They seem to have a compulsion to dampen praise for any of their non-favourites (eg Bale, Parker etc). Trying to make out it was their fault for not knowing to push Ben Arfa onto his right or saying that Olsson slipped at a crucial moment. The moment they stop mollifying their praise will be the day they start piping up with "can't see him hanging around at Newcastle too long" comments :rolleyes:

There's been times in his NUFC career where he's actually looked for the pass when a shot or extra dribble might have been more suitable.

It might help that the players involved in our attack are actually fucking good for once :lol:

Ba, Cisse, Cabaye, Jonas....all technically and positionally competent...as opposed to Shola, Best, Raylor...

Did anyone else notice HBA's reluctance to pass to Simpson?

There's been times in his NUFC career where he's actually looked for the pass when a shot or extra dribble might have been more suitable.

It might help that the players involved in our attack are actually fucking good for once :lol:

Ba, Cisse, Cabaye, Jonas....all technically and positionally competent...as opposed to Shola, Best, Raylor...

He wriggled away from a few defenders in the first half down the byline, passed to Simpson, who prodded the ball down the line into open play.. as in, not even an attempted pass... just away. Noteworthy in that it wasn't a lofted ball either.

Anyway, I can't recall Ben Arfa passing to Simpson more than twice after that :lol:

He wriggled away from a few defenders in the first half down the byline, passed to Simpson, who prodded the ball down the line into open play.. as in, not even an attempted pass... just away. Noteworthy in that it wasn't a lofted ball either.

Anyway, I can't recall Ben Arfa passing to Simpson more than twice after that :lol:

I remember a point in the second half where Simpson passed to him and he was instantly surrounded by a few WBA. Passing back to Simpson seemed to be the only possible option, but he tried to take them all on instead. :lol:

BEN ARFA - WEST BROM AWAY {TOON_COMPILATION}

You know where...

why can't i find this when googling!! :frantic:

Can't find it either :(

Edit: Been removed

I made the video got a inbox saying they removed it due to copyright though might of forgot to use the disclaimer which normally keeps the videos up.... got a video up of Papiss Cisse though all his goals so far and some of his hold up play which is worth watching there is also clips of the Ben Arfa West Brom performance in the updated Ben Arfa - Season So Far video... will try and get the extended video of Ben Arfa at West Brom back up onto youtube.

It might help that the players involved in our attack are actually f***ing good for once :lol:

:lol:

Remember that, that pairing down the right in non existant like :lol:

I can imagine Hatem and Danny sitting beside each other for dinner, not a word spoken between them

It might help that the players involved in our attack are actually f***ing good for once :lol:

must have p*ssed simpson off as well, at one point we had a throw, HBA blatantly asking for it at his feet...but simpson decided to loft it over his head to them....Hatem took it back anyway like :smug:

I remember a point in the second half where Simpson passed to him and he was instantly surrounded by a few WBA. Passing back to Simpson seemed to be the only possible option, but he tried to take them all on instead. :lol:

must have pissed simpson off as well, at one point we had a throw, HBA blatantly asking for it at his feet...but simpson decided to loft it over his head to them....Hatem took it back anyway like :smug:

I couldn't believe that, just rank bad decision making.