Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Superb performance, I think we all know that this lad is a class act (well apart from that divv that wanted him to play in the reserves) and it is really clicking now. I still believe he should have been played more often earlier on BUT all's well that ends well. Just excited for the remaining 8 games of the season

That trio of Ba-Cisse-Ben Arfa is just class, they still need to get used to playing with each other which is very exciting

Even with just 1 more signing (LB) we could have a quality side for next season, Tiote in place of Guthrie, Saylor back in and Santon on the right

christ imagine if pardews been right all along? :lol:  instill a work ethic into him to win his place, means he's fit and fast and contributing whilst able to better utilize his obvious talent in a more physical league

delighted he's starting to play well and pards is talking him up now...hopefully he sneaks into the france squad for the euros :thup:

It was noticeable that both assists came with him on the left.

It seems like Pardew has never trusted him as a team player, but he's been putting him on the right where he's far more likely to cut in and shoot.

I feel that this only led to a vicious circle of him then being dismissed as selfish and confirming any prejudices Pardew has had against him.

He's scored numerous times from the right recently, and in some games has been our major goal threat, so I'm not dissing him or him in that position.

I just think it has been bad management to play him there and never on the left given his need to overcome the doubts over his overall contribution.

If we're thinking of getting in another attacking player, it might be a good idea to look at someone who can drift right. Just as an option that is. I think Obertan has had enough chances now.

It was noticeable that both assists came with him on the left.

It seems like Pardew has never trusted him as a team player, but he's been putting him on the right where he's far more likely to cut in and shoot.

I feel that this only led to a vicious circle of him then being dismissed as selfish and confirming any prejudices Pardew has had against him.

He's scored numerous times from the right recently, and in some games has been our major goal threat, so I'm not dissing him or him in that position.

I just think it has been bad management to play him there and never on the left given his need to overcome the doubts over his overall contribution.

If we're thinking of getting in another attacking player, it might be a good idea to look at someone who can drift right. Just as an option that is. I think Obertan has had enough chances now.

I think a solution is Ba and HBA swapping sides through the game, to unsettle the other team. Then when on the right he can cut in and shoot... while on the left he can beat his man and whip in a delicious  cross or cut back.

Superb performance, I think we all know that this lad is a class act (well apart from that divv that wanted him to play in the reserves) and it is really clicking now. I still believe he should have been played more often earlier on BUT all's well that ends well. Just excited for the remaining 8 games of the season

That trio of Ba-Cisse-Ben Arfa is just class, they still need to get used to playing with each other which is very exciting

Even with just 1 more signing (LB) we could have a quality side for next season, Tiote in place of Guthrie, Saylor back in and Santon on the right

Is there something you know that I don't?

He's not going to have great goals to mins ratio lol, better question is how often is he going to score and make assists when he's playing like this? Hopefully he's going to show mr Racist Cheating Hit the Woodwork Suarez exactly how to be a tricky no 10 type player.

Tiote

Cabaye      Jonas

HBA                          Ba

Cisse

That front 6 can mix it with the best.

That's 2 weeks in a row where a goal has come from him winning the ball back in our half.

He tracks back :fwap:

It sort of fell to him on the edge of the box really, but I do think he's working hard.

He won the ball back for our third.

That's 2 weeks in a row where a goal has come from him winning the ball back in our half.

It sort of fell to him on the edge of the box really, but I do think he's working hard.

Oh aye, sorry. It's early!

Guest icemanblue

Aye, that he did. Ian was probably too busy tucking into his jellied eels, to notice.

I must say, I think Pardew has played an absolute blinder with the lad. He seems to have really bought into the team ethos.

Oh aye, sorry. It's early!

Indeed it is.

I find it quite funny to think there must have been a decent amount of WBA supporters there yesterday who've never even heard of him. Obviously it doesnt happen as much these days with all the coverage but you know what it's like when an away team turns up and one of them plays like that  :lol:

ALAN Pardew claimed Hatem Ben Arfa’s best performance for him was down to not working too hard for the team.

Ben Arfa made two and scored one as Newcastle United blew West Bromwich Albion away 3-1 to move level on points with fifth-placed Chelsea in the Premier League.

Pardew’s team is largely built around a ferocious work ethic, but the Frenchman’s flair was the abiding memory of a pulsating performance.

Ben Arfa is sometimes criticised for not contributing enough defensively, but Pardew criticised him for the opposite against Norwich City the previous week.

“Was it his best game for me? For sure,” said Pardew. “He got the balance right between working hard for the team and bringing his flair to the pitch. I think he actually worked too hard against Norwich and took a little bit away from his ability when he’s got the ball.

“He was mesmerising with a couple of his bits of play. He’s a special talent when the ball’s at his feet. A couple of runs were absolutely outstanding.”

Ben Arfa created two goals for Papiss Cisse – taking the Senegalese striker’s tally to five in six games – and scored one himself.

His goal put Newcastle 2-0 up after just 12 minutes, a lead Cisse added to after 34. Shane Long’s second-half goal was a mere consolation.

Having made just 12 starts this season, Ben Arfa is fresh as Newcastle look to chase down Chelsea – ahead only on goal difference – in the race for fifth and a guaranteed Europa League spot. Pardew reiterated his belief the France international could have a part to play at this summer’s European Championships too.

“He’s been out so long you can see a hunger in him,” he commented. “If I was the France national coach (Laurent Blanc) I would consider him because there’s not many players who can do what he can do. It might be a nice wildcard for France to have him in the squad.

“He really has knuckled down and he’s a much more controlled person in his manner and the way he is around the training ground. In the past he had a reputation that he was an enfant terrible or whatever you want to call it, but not here.

“He’s been immaculate, especially this season. He’s really kind of focused and he’s got his mindset in a good place.” Pardew remains steadfast in his belief the Champions League is out of reach, but with Sunday’s visit of Liverpool a prelude to Tottenham Hotspur’s game against Swansea City, they are discomforting some big beasts.

“The last 10 games (of the campaign) we’ve won two out of two and they’re the most important of any season,” he added. “I don’t think we’ve got the depth of squad to challenge for (the top four). We lost (Fabricio) Coloccini and that’s going to be a big blow to us going into the Liverpool game but it’s a game the North East can look forward to.”

Centre-back Coloccini injured his hamstring, potentially leaving Mike Williamson without a recognised partner for two to three weeks. Cisse left the field with cramp.

Beaten manager Roy Hodgson was full of praise for Newcastle’s performance.

“The quality Newcastle showed was far superior to us - their passing, their ball control was much better than ours,” he conceded.

Hodgson awoke yesterday to stories he had put himself in contention to be England’s next manager. “I can give you verbatim what I said,” he explained. “If you were offered the England job, would you take it? was the direct question. My direct answer was it would seem to me as an Englishman you would need a very good reason to turn it down.”

WEST Bromwich Albion coach Roy Hodgson could be without midfielder James Morrison after he limped out of the action against Newcastle with a knee ligament injury. Albion had to finish the game with 10 men as they had already used their three substitutes. Hodgson said: “It’s knee ligament damage. He will have the scan tomorrow and we will see what brings. The initial prognosis from the medical team is not good. We have to see what ligaments in the knee have been affected.”

Hodgson insists his stance has not changed regarding the England job after his remarks in a radio interview on Saturday prompted headlines yesterday morning. He has been the subject of speculation linking him as one of the candidates to replace Fabio Capello.

Hodgson said: “I can give you verbatim what I said. The radio guy said to me ’if you were offered the England job, would you take it?’

“My direct answer was: ’It would seem to me as an Englishman, you would need a very good reason to turn it down.’ What I’ve said is that the FA are going through the process and I just happen to be one of the people caught up in the speculation about what they are going to do.”

Read More http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2012/03/26/hatem-ben-arfa-praised-by-boss-alan-pardew-61634-30622464/2/#ixzz1qDHh5Q31

Missed the game, was in some small ass town in the exact middle of nowhere, poor bastards didn't have TV's.

Just watched that compilation though, fuck me.

You missed out, bro.

Hopefully he does it against Swansea. :megusta:

:megusta:

You better have somewhere good lined up for that shit. :lol:

I think he actually worked too hard against Norwich and took a little bit away from his ability when he’s got the ball.

Very pleased to hear Pardew recognise this, so he's not doing one-man harrying and wasting his energy/efforts at the wrong times. :megusta: