Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

If I had one criticism, it is that he needs to learn when to pass the ball, especially when he reaches the byline. He always runs it out of play or delays the pass way too long.

He always seems to want to score a worldy - the thing is his run to byline and cut in will work at some point :) - He needs to use his brain a bit more and be less selfish as no doubt he provides them and Cisse or Ba will score them

:anguish:

Been watching ssn to f***ing much haven't I. Only gone and done it :)

If you're emulating Paul Merson you need to re-evaluate your life :lol:

Emulating him right now, glass of wine in hand, may put a bet on and order some coke from my dealer :)

Pretty sure he's already said as much, not arsed finding quotes right now though. I will later though if you want.

if you would be so kind. it's the bit about his head not being right, don't know if it came from him or pardew.

Fairly certain HBA acknowledged he still wasn't fully fit not long ago.

I was a little critical of him not releasing it early enough before but now I genuinely get a little frustrated when he passes :lol: he is brilliant.

These days I’m still frustrated about not playing but instead of heading for a clash with the manager, as I would in the old days, I let it go because I know I will be the loser.

I know I’m ready physically and mentally

Source: http://blogs.thescore.com/footyblog/2012/04/05/lyttleton-ben-arfa-a-dark-horse-for-frances-euro-2012-squad/

wonder if he still thinks that ? the ben arfa now looks a different player to that of the winter

Dunno man. I'm sure from his point of view, however, there is no point whatsoever in dwelling on it, it's in the past now and he's in the team.

i think it's quite important as it'll point out if pardew completly mismanaged a quality player for best part of a season.

Well I think he did, for a good period certainly. But it appears as though Pardew has amended that, and even personally added a degree of workrate/concentration to Ben Arfa's game. Ben Arfa should get good credit for his maturity in handling the situation, and Pardew some too. I don't like to dwell on it though personally, as it irked me for some time and I'm glad to see it (the issue) resolved.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2012/04/07/alan-pardew-praises-papiss-cisse-s-electric-form-61634-30711559/

From The Journal's interview with Pardew:

“It wasn’t just about his goals, it was also about his work-rate. He’s bought into our ethic about what we’ve got at this club.

“It’s not always that you sign a big, big player and he wants to take that on board. He has.

“I think Demba, Yohan and Hatem have got that into him, and there’s a nice little group there with a good camaraderie between them."

I find it amusing that Pardew is crediting Ben Arfa for getting the importance of work-rate across to Cisse!!

:thup: i'm happy to be proven a dickhead with my earlier opinons regarding Pardew. I hope this isn't just luck and/or a temporary thing, but he sees to have it absolutely spot on at the minute. We're playing good football and everyone seems to be playing to their maximum potential and then some.