Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=292017.msg10136517#msg10136517

He has potential but along with potential comes a bad temperament. United were interested in signing him but ultimately went for Obertan. Not saying Obertan is better but you should get gist. He had issues when he was at Lyon and then Marseille due to which both the clubs wanted to get rid of him. Speaking of his ability alone, He is a good player but kind of blows hot and cold. Sometimes he performs really well while sometimes he is poor. I know Downing hasn't done that well but I think he is a better player than Ben Arfa. Issue is we paid around £18 Million for Downing while they paid around £8 Million for Ben Arfa.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=292017.msg10136583#msg10136583

I would disagree about him being classes over Downing.

Also, Thing is its not just Pardew alone with whom he had off-field issues and all. If you notice his career, he has had issues with the management in his previous two clubs before Newcastle as well. He has played with three clubs in his senior level and he has had issues in all of them. So much that they wanted to sell him. Surely something must be wrong with him? Its a risky signing. A club like Newcastle can take those kind of risks but not a top club where dressing room atmosphere and all matters a lot more.

:mike:

Guest mimifrench

Who's Downing??

Anyway, for those who wants to watch on YT : Hatem Ben Arfa vs Swansea (Away) 11-12 HD 720p

This is why I hate Liverpool. We don't have a great reputation, but they are so deluded it's unreal. Downing... better than Ben Arfa? I can't get my head around the concept. Why would anyone have such a train of thought?

Football's not all about stats, but Downing has 0 goals and 0 assists from 30 Premier League appearances. He cost £20m.

I'm actually surprised he's failed to get goals and assists as he seemed to pick them up at Villa and Boro. A Liverpool fan friend of mine was raving to me about the amount of crosses he gets in the box on average and how Carroll will put them away. Funny how that didn't pan out at all! 

:lol:

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2012/04/07/alan-pardew-praises-papiss-cisse-s-electric-form-61634-30711559/

From The Journal's interview with Pardew:

“It wasn’t just about his goals, it was also about his work-rate. He’s bought into our ethic about what we’ve got at this club.

“It’s not always that you sign a big, big player and he wants to take that on board. He has.

“I think Demba, Yohan and Hatem have got that into him, and there’s a nice little group there with a good camaraderie between them."

I find it amusing that Pardew is crediting Ben Arfa for getting the importance of work-rate across to Cisse!!

Well HBA knows better than anyone that if you don't work then you don't get into the team. Fair play to Pardew; it's looking like he's got it spot on for the long term

Jesus what other fans don't see. He has more ability in his little finger than downing has in his whole body. Yes he can be a bit of a maverick and in and out of the game but he just fucking explodes at times with the ball and can go past 4 or 5 just as easy as a devastating cross or through ball. Consistency and releasing the ball earlier are only 2 things I would change at moment. The other team looks terrified when he gets the ball like

Well HBA knows better than anyone that if you don't work then you don't get into the team. Fair play to Pardew; it's looking like he's got it spot on for the long term

Think ultimately Pardew has handled him well, good man management on the whole and has him doing what he wants in games

If I had one criticism, it is that he needs to learn when to pass the ball, especially when he reaches the byline. He always runs it out of play or delays the pass way too long.

Liverpool = if u aren't play for them you are not good enuff... :lol: the way they defend Henderson by keep saying he still young he will develop... fook me are they cant see he got no ability or special talent whatsoever.... 18 mill??? :lol:

If I had one criticism, it is that he needs to learn when to pass the ball, especially when he reaches the byline. He always runs it out of play or delays the pass way too long.

He always seems to want to score a worldy - the thing is his run to byline and cut in will work at some point :) - He needs to use his brain a bit more and be less selfish as no doubt he provides them and Cisse or Ba will score them

He always seems to want to score a worldy - the thing is his run to byline and cut in will work at some point :) - He needs to use his brain a bit more and be less selfish as no doubt he provides them and Cisse or Ba will score them

:anguish:

Been watching ssn to fucking much haven't I. Only gone and done it :)

Been watching ssn to f***ing much haven't I. Only gone and done it :)

If you're emulating Paul Merson you need to re-evaluate your life :lol: