Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

So thats it then, you lot want another change of manager?

Certainly not, just not convinced by the last couple of months. His (imo) stubborness has effectively undone all the great work from earlier on in the season.

We are in a great position, no doubt, but we seem to be playing with fear.

The impending departure of Ba is the only acceptable reason for keeping HBA fresh and hungry until now. When Ba goes he absolutely must start every game. Otherwise I haven't a clue what Pards is doing.

I agree with this, the only saving grace is he's been 'saving him' for january, but ultimately it could just be 3 games, I'm positive he could have brought more to the team already this season if given the chance, on the wing for example.

The impending departure of Ba is the only acceptable reason for keeping HBA fresh and hungry until now. When Ba goes he absolutely must start every game. Otherwise I haven't a clue what Pards is doing.

I agree with this but surely he should have been playing Ben Arfa last few games to get him up to speed. You can't expect a player to be playing 15 minutes here and there then put them in a run of games expecting him to be firing on all cylinders now your star striker has left?

Maybe the hype about this lad, was maybe just hype and he actually is shit and we are better off with Shola or Best up front??

Maybe Arfa was bought by Llambias and now pardew has had a good look at him, he thinks he is not up to the prem standard.

Maybe the hype about this lad, was maybe just hype and he actually is shit and we are better off with Shola or Best up front??

Maybe Arfa was bought by Llambias and now pardew has had a good look at him, he thinks he is not up to the prem standard.

Presumably we'll sell him this month then.

Maybe the hype about this lad, was maybe just hype and he actually is s*** and we are better off with Shola or Best up front??

:facepalm:

Maybe the hype about this lad, was maybe just hype and he actually is s*** and we are better off with Shola or Best up front??

Sorry to rehash this, but if Ben Arfa isn't prem standard then I'm not sure how Ameobi, Sameobi, Raylor, Simpson and Obertan are getting games.

I agree with this, the only saving grace is he's been 'saving him' for january, but ultimately it could just be 3 games, I'm positive he could have brought more to the team already this season if given the chance, on the wing for example.

He's never been a winger. He was forced to play there at Lyon.

He's got no interest in defending either. The full back would get completely merked.

Has Pardew actually said anything negative about HBA? 

As for the Liverpool game he said something along the lines of we controlled posession for periods without hurting them. Pretty much how I saw it.

Quotes at the top of page 42 include “We controlled the game".

Or maybe you are never going to see the best of a player like Ben Arfa when you are playing poor footballers alongside him who end up whacking the ball long instead of bringing the ball out and getting some passing interchanges going with the quality players? I actually hope Ben Arfa doesn't start tonight. He'll only end up being hung out to dry when we can't control possession against a team like Man U. Let Shola and Best start, they'll probably suit our style better.

He's got no interest in defending either. The full back would get completely merked.

was he forced to play on the wing for us last season? he looked pretty good at it either way. it's completely pointless citing supposed lack of defensive work when the alternative is Obertan.

try harder

Has Pardew actually said anything negative about HBA? 

As for the Liverpool game he said something along the lines of we controlled posession for periods without hurting them. Pretty much how I saw it.

Quotes at the top of page 42 include “We controlled the game".

Until Gerrard came on.

was he forced to play on the wing for us last season? he looked pretty good at it either way. it's completely pointless citing supposed lack of defensive work when the alternative is Obertan.

try harder

What makes you think he'd be better than Obertan? At least Obertan has the pace to get back.

Absolute bollocks about this winger having defend like. So what if he got a bit lazy out on the wing, at least we will break with more numbers. Ginola and Robert never bothered half the time, why do we expect it now. Jonas is one of the best there is at tracking back and fans still don't like him, stick HBA on the wing and if he doesn't bother tracking, absolutly bothered aslong as he performing at the other end of the pitch.