Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

simonbirdmirror Simon Bird

Killer quote: "maybe me and the gaffer don't share the same philosophy..." add that to behind scenes attitude and pardew has a problem #nufc

How is that a dig you stupid w*****?

How could you think it won't be seen as one?

Because all it means is that the two people involved have a difference of opinion. Ben Arfa didn't say something like "Pardew isn't playing me so fuck him"

I think it's extremely likely he or most people would say it without it being intended as a dig, but more to the point, as I said, it's even more likely it'll be seen as one at a club that only has followers and enemies.

Guest hatem garrincha

From his interview in "Le Parisien" :

"(...)In a sense, this injury is a punishment from God. I deserved it because at one point, I may not have been right. I deserved everything that happened in my career. I did many things that were not in morals. I was a bit young, not thoughtful, impulsive. "

"(...)In a sense, this injury is a punishment from God. I deserved it because at one point, I may not have been right. I deserved everything that happened in my career. I did many things that were not in morals. I was a bit young, not thoughtful, impulsive. "

Didn't have him down as the deep thinking, philosophical type  :lol:

Guest hatem garrincha

:lol: Agree that he should concentrate on football

But it's an interesting quote in a sense that he seems to realise that  his past is his worst enemy. I don't think he will "clash" with his manager.

:lol: Agree that he should concentrate on football

But it's an interesting quote in a sense that he seems to realise that  his past is his worst enemy. I don't think he will "clash" with his manager.

Quite liked the quote TBH, was just surprised by it.  Fair play to him.

Killer quote: "maybe me and the gaffer don't share the same philosophy..." add that to behind scenes attitude and pardew has a problem #nufc

Because all it means is that the two people involved have a difference of opinion. Ben Arfa didn't say something like "Pardew isn't playing me so fuck him"

I think it's extremely likely he or most people would say it without it being intended as a dig, but more to the point, as I said, it's even more likely it'll be seen as one at a club that only has followers and enemies.

I think Pardew will be more stung than Ashley or anyone else higher up the rung. The buying policy is geared towards buying assets with resale value which means exciting young talent, Ben Arfa and Santon  clearly fit into that mould. If Pardew can't make use of them I would imagine Ashley and co will be inclined to agree with HBA that Pardew is the one with the problem.

I think Pardew will be more stung than Ashley or anyone else higher up the rung. The buying policy is geared towards buying assets with resale value which means exciting young talent, Ben Arfa and Santon  clearly fit into that mould. If Pardew can't make use of them I would imagine Ashley and co will be inclined to agree with HBA that Pardew is the one with the problem.

Precisely - Pardew, if he's not stupid, will realise that Llambias will think he's weak if he doesn't slap Ben Arfa down now.

Precisely - Pardew, if he's not stupid, will realise that Llambias will think he's weak if he doesn't slap Ben Arfa down now.

But slapping Ben Arfa down isn't going to do his resale value much good and my point is that Llambias and Ashley will be far more concerned at the prospect of HBA wanting away for less than he's worth sooner or later if Pardew can't fit him into his team.

I think some are reading far too much into that quote, especially in isolation.

If you take it out of isolation and look at in context then there's reason enough to see how it could pan out.

I think there is a lot of drivel written re Pardew/Ben Arfa.

My take is that Pardew would love to play him for 90 minutes (which sane manager wouldn't?) but from what he sees day to day doesn't think he can get a full 90 yet. It's the manager's call and I think he prefers to keep the Ben Arfa time up his sleeve for later in the match depending on how the game progresses rather than start him.

Ben Arfa is integral to the club's progress and I'd be very surprised if the manager/coaching staff didn't think so too.

My view is that Pardew would like to use Ben Arfa in theory but to get the best out of players like him you need to play the short passing game which isn't Pardew's coaching forte or at least doesn't seem to be in the same way it was evident in Keegan's philosophy. I don't think we've seen the best of Cabaye for the same reason. Maybe Pardew would like to progress to that type of football, who knows? His reluctance to get Santon into the team would suggest not.

We all knew this would end in tears, but assumed it was after he'd actually been given games. I know we don't see them in training etc. but it's obvious he's our most gifted and talented player. Pardew is an absolute joke here - you just know Obertan will start ahead of him AGAIN tonight.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/01/04/hatem-ben-arfa-urged-to-show-nufc-talent-72703-30056527/

ALAN PARDEW wants to see “more” from Hatem Ben Arfa.

The Frenchman has been challenged by Pardew to make an impact in United’s forthcoming trio of home games.

Manchester United are first up at St James’ Park tonight, before the FA Cup tie with Blackburn is followed by another Premier League clash with Queens Park Rangers.

Pardew is hoping that Ben Arfa can be the man who steps up to the plate in the next few weeks, with Demba Ba away on international duty with Senegal at the African Cup of Nations.

Pardew told the Chronicle today: “We have Man United coming tonight and we have to see if he can make an impact in that game.

“We have Blackburn in the FA Cup and then Queens Park Rangers – games in which we need more from Hatem. Hopefully we can get that.”

Pardew emphasised that with Ba’s absence, there could be no better time for Ben Arfa, who could be set for a place on the bench again this evening, to give him another goalscoring option.

Pardew said: “Hatem is in a good place. We’re looking for him – especially with Demba Ba going away – to come to the fore.”

Ben Arfa scored his first Premier League goal of the season at the Reebok Stadium on Boxing Day.

But while Steven Gerrard came off the bench to turn the game in the 3-1 defeat at Anfield, Ben Arfa did not make an impact and only had a handful of touches on the ball.

Pardew feels his side can go for it more against the Man United tonight.

“At Liverpool we had to protect ourselves by playing an extra midfielder,” he said.

“We controlled the game, although without the threat I wanted from that system. It is something we need to work on.

“The game with Manchester United is a bit different. We are at home in front of almost 53,000 and we will be expected to put Man United in their place.

“It’s not easy. They come in with a much stronger side than they did against Blackburn.”

Wouldn't say we controlled the Liverpool match like. In patches maybe.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/01/04/hatem-ben-arfa-i-can-cut-it-with-the-big-guns-72703-30056349/

TOON ace Hatem Ben Arfa goes into tonight’s game with Manchester United insisting: “I can cut it with the big guns.”

Reassuringly for Ben Arfa he is aiming to do it with Newcastle United, where he believes there is a bright future.

Ben Arfa burst on to the scene as a raw teenager in 2004 for Lyon to make his Champions League debut against Man United during a 2-2 draw.

Ben Arfa told the Chronicle: “I have the ability and belief to be part of a big club.

“Maybe I can do that one day, but I have to work.

“I am very happy here – I would not mind ending my career at Newcastle or staying here for my whole career.

“I want to win trophies here, I like the city, the club and the fans, I would like to finish here.”

Despite concerns over player sales, Ben Arfa feels Newcastle can progress if they keep on bringing in players of the calibre of Yohan Cabaye and Demba Ba.

When asked if he was worried by players like Andy Carroll, Kevin Nolan, Joey Barton and Jose Enrique leaving last year, he responded: “No, because I knew great players were arriving. Demba, Cabaye and Gabriel Obertan.

“Maybe some people did not know much about them before, but I knew they would be good assets for the club.

“I was always confident the results would come, even with the big players leaving, so I was not really anxious.”

Now Ben Arfa wants to push on with the Magpies and feels they can achieve more than just seventh place in the Premier League.

The former Marseille man said: “With the squad we have, I do not think we can be happy with the position we are at now.

“We should aim better because I think we have a squad which can get us to be a better position in the league.

“Trust me, we have good players in this squad.

“We could finish above the position we are in right now.

“Some people might say or think we are happy with the position we are in, but the potential of the squad is higher than the position we are in.

“We can achieve more than seventh place in the league.”

:indi:

Edit: Obertan. :lol:

Why isn't he asking for more from the players who are out there every week not doing it?

As for controlling the game against Liverpool, it is frightening if that's what he really thinks.

Fair points.

Then again, there's nowt I've seen from the likes of Raylor, Simpson and Obertan that suggests they can give more.

Guest neesy111

Why isn't he asking for more from the players who are out there every week not doing it?

Agree with this.  Strikes me of Pardew being two-faced with Ben Arfa and others.