Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

It's incredible how he's gone from not playing to being unplayable in less than 12 months.

He's always been pretty much unplayable, though. That's what many were saying at the start of last season when he recovered from injury. He's always been our most talented player.

Don't think he touched the ball for the first 10 mins. Looked great after that

He literally didn't. I remember looking at the clock after 9 mins and he hadn't even been close to getting on the ball, I was worried that he was completely unfit and was going to have a poor game. Then he picked the ball up for the first time and drifted past 3 players  :yao:

Someone start a tally of how many points he earns us this season, suspect it'll be plenty, saw it end of last season he's not some mercurial player who flits in and out of games, he takes games by the scruff of the neck.he's the real deal

Someone start a tally of how many points he earns us this season, suspect it'll be plenty, saw it end of last season he's not some mercurial player who flits in and out of games, he takes games by the scruff of the neck.he's the real deal

That's the best part about him. You see some flair players who do all their fancy trickery and nothing comes from it, but Hatem gets a load of assists and goals from his dribbling. His end product is brilliant.

Guest optimistic nit

Needs to make sure he is up for the game too from what we have heard  :undecided:

Brilliant when he wants to be though (like today).

And what have we heard?

Not being "up for it" is not something I've associated with him at all.

Just what Pardew said about him either being really happy or not happy at all and there is nothing they can do to change it :dontknow: just concerns me.

I have said numerous times that despite being exceptional in attack that he is also amazing in defence as he gets back and takes the ball of players with ease so I am definitely not having a dig at his work rate. What I said above did come across a lot harsher than I meant it though, just have this worry one of our more exceptional players could self destruct. Sure I am not the only one slightly concerned but I love him all the same (which is why I don't want it to go wrong).

:thup: Says alot that the only way Spurs could stop him, was constantly tripping him up.

BBC news before MOTD the presenter said something like 'in a week of soft penalties' then showed the HBA pen, yeah getting hacked by TWO players inside the box is pretty weak tbh, he did't break a bone or anything the pansy!

I think you are worrying about what pards said a bit too much tbh. i cant remember many games he wasn't up for last season.

Stayed off here most of the summer. First post of the new season has to be about HBA. So many good posts on here about him, and what he brings the team in terms of skill, excitement, work rate and end product. If he stays injury free and plays most of the games, I think this could be a very, very special season for NUFC.  :laugh2:

Guest Spiria

As someone mentioned, somehow he looked even faster than usual at times yesterday.

He was easy on the ball yesterday, so much that he was a bit casual at times.

He is at fault also in the goal because he was not tracking back but made me forget about it with the penalty xD