Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

When he is played out wide he is a much easier target for the oposition to mark/surround, he needs more space to operate, play him centrak he will create magic.

You know this, I know this, we all know this. But Pardew still won't play him there from the start, for some reason.

We don't play with width in a 442, so as Skirge says, why not try this long term?

Krul

Simpson    Taylor          Coloccini        Santon

Anita        Tiote        Cabaye

Ben Arfa

Cisse                    Ba

We don't play with width in a 442, so as Skirge says, why not try this long term?

Krul

Simpson    Taylor          Coloccini        Santon

Anita        Tiote        Cabaye

Ben Arfa

Cisse                    Ba

Good side. Except leaving Simpson on the right hand by himself is asking for us to be utter shit. Santon from the left also means no natural width.

Santon right back and Fergie left back and that side looks good.

Honestly, don't care. Keep him for ourselves.

The more he is left out of the France side the more likely he is to leave us for Champions League football i reckon.

I'm only speculating but he must want to showcase his talents on a bigger stage than just the Premier League and the Europa League??

The more he is left out of the France side the more likely he is to leave us for Champions League football i reckon.

I'm only speculating but he must want to showcase his talents on a bigger stage than just the Premier League and the Europa League??

It's got nothing to do with Newcastle. Cabaye is in the France squad. It's purely down to Deschamps having personal problems with Ben Arfa.

Edit: Ok, might not be what you were on about...either way, I think you're wrong.

It's got nothing to do with Newcastle. Cabaye is in the France squad. It's purely down to Deschamps having personal problems with Ben Arfa.

Edit: Ok, might not be what you were on about...either way, I think you're wrong.

I'm not suggesting it's anything to do with us, it's to do with the fact that Deschamps doesn't like Ben Arfa.

The problem I see is that Ben Arfa is a world class player who no doubts wants to showcase his talents on the best stage and play against the best players. We can't offer him that from a club point of view because we're not likely to qualify for the Champions League any time soon, so with him not being picked for his country either all he has is Premier League and Europa League football. For how long will that be enough for him?

Guest hydeous

Reading all the posts from earlier about how everyone would like to see him behind the strikers.

Didn't Pardew try that for a few games last season? It really didn't look like he had enough time / vision to pick a right ball from there. He really looked so much more at ease as a wide forward player.

Would love to see it being tried again, but I don't understand why people are so sure it'll work this time.

Reading all the posts from earlier about how everyone would like to see him behind the strikers.

Didn't Pardew try that for a few games last season? It really didn't look like he had enough time / vision to pick a right ball from there. He really looked so much more at ease as a wide forward player.

Would love to see it being tried again, but I don't understand why people are so sure it'll work this time.

He played there for a bit when he was tentatively brought into the team, he wasn't working as hard as he does now for one, and secondly he's improved in every way since then as his confidence has grown. he definately has the vision to play there, he struggled to find space and kept running into brick walls, but i think he deserves another shot there