Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Remember he did this before Spurs?  Made it sound like there was no chance whatsoever of HBA playing.  Then he started, scored and got MOTM :lol:

Kept his powder dry for the Fulham game as well, wouldn't say exactly which players would be back and never confirmed HBA. 

On the flip side of that, I did think against Fulham, that Colo, Ba and HBA all looked half a yard off it and could well have been playing with a niggle or minor injury.

Ah fuck knows.  Him playing will be the only highlight for me though.  As I expect a right arse raping off these.

Ohhh... gggggoooood.

Let's hope Pards is pulling the same stunt he did against Spurs.

Would explain why he's boarding up the fences around training :laugh: So no one knows his dodgy tactics involve lying about who is playing :lol:

Completely the right approach to take if there is still concern over the scan despite no pain. Last thing we can afford is for him to play, tear his hamstring and be out for 3 months.

Yep, Hatem out of the City game probably doesn't affect anything, Hatem out for a couple of months equals squeeky bum time.

Completely the right approach to take if there is still concern over the scan despite no pain. Last thing we can afford is for him to play, tear his hamstring and be out for 3 months.

Yep, Hatem out of the City game probably doesn't affect anything, Hatem out for a couple of months equals squeeky bum time.

It'll affect any hope that I had of enjoying the game, its still right not to play him if we have any doubt over his fitness.

Strange one with the scan showing something but hatem feeling ok but with it being a hamstring the sensible thing to do is give him more rest time, like people have said missing Man City might not make a great deal of difference but a fit HBA could be the difference for us getting a result next week against QPR and we can't afford to lose him for a couple of months.

At least Obertan shoud be back!!

Fucking tragic news.

Was really optimistic before this. Won't win this now.

I wasn't optimistic at all so if he's going to miss a game, might as well be this one. We were always going to get beat anyway.

Seriously need to be looking at why we're getting so many muscle injuries.

Solution: spend some big money (the big IF) and bring back Steve Black. Appoint him full-time or at the very least as a high-paid consultant. Fuck it, if such a move jolts a few egos, of existing staff, then so be it.

Maverick thinker & his methods are unorthodox, but he's arguably the best at what he does. Our injury record (when he worked alongside Keegan), when it came to troublesome & reoccuring soft-tissues, was almost non-existent.

Steve Howey's persistent groin injuries would say otherwise.

Interesting listening to Howey about injuries under Keegan who he says was always pushing players to play when injured and asking them to "just get through this one game".

I'm not a fan of Steve Black like, for a fitness guru he ain't exactly slim or mobile himself and he was also best man at my cousins wedding and almost put me to sleep with his speech.

f***ing tragic news.

Was really optimistic before this. Won't win this now.

I wasn't optimistic at all so if he's going to miss a game, might as well be this one. We were always going to get beat anyway.

:facepalm:

Sorry mate, but the thought of Williamson up against Tevez and Aguero doesn't fill me with confidence.

"It looks as though we'll lose him for a few weeks and that’s a really big blow. Anyone who has watched our games will tell you what he is like.

His hamstring just isn’t right so it looks like we are going to have to take more time over it. It will probably keep him out for a while.

We originally thought it would be a mild hamstring injury and we gave it extra time and I was actually expecting him to be available a couple of weeks ago.

I rested him in our next game in the hope that he would be right for the last game the weekend just gone.

We gave it extra days to get him right but we will now need to take even more time, unfortunately.

He will be a big miss for us because he gives us a different attacking dimension from what we have got.”

-----------

Sound familiar? Moyes on Kevin Mirallas who was out for a few weeks with his hamstring. Came back and was taken off at half time vs Spurs and now probably won't be back until next month, which is a big blow considering he's arguably our most creative attacking outlet. Sounds very familiar.

If there's something wrong with Ben Arfa's hamstring then it's surely madness to play him. You're asking for trouble.