Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

I don't subscribe to the modern day paranoia regarding players returning from fitness... He's already been able to train for a few weeks but kept away due to having a bug... Think he should be at least on the bench next Thursday...

neither of the two above.

Why not start him against Southampton if fit? He came back against Spurs at home after missing most of preseason and still looked like our fittest player on the pitch.

just the standard thing of not starting players who've been out for months.

Maybe usually, but given we have a game in the middle of nowhere 2 days earlier it would make sense to know that we have at least Hatem, Gouffran and Debuchy to come in totally fresh.

No reason not to play him next Thursday... At least 45mins...

Fly him out to Russia middle of February after months out with a hamstring injury. I know we're all desperate to see him back but have a word :lol:

Whats gonnahappen sitting down for 5 hours gonna damage him in some way?

I'm not a sports scientist but I think it is pretty bad for you actually. I might be wrong like.

Guest pedroandbarnes

Fly him out to Russia middle of February after months out with a hamstring injury. I know we're all desperate to see him back but have a word :lol:

I'm not a sports scientist but I think it is pretty bad for you actually. I might be wrong like.

it is bad for  immobilization but ben arfa is not broken leg

I'd say with my limited knowledge as a physio student and general knowledge that playing in the freezing cold after being out for so long with one of the most difficult injuries to treat is not the best situation for a return to action. Hard to say definitively too but a longish flight either way isn't going to do you any favours too. Not the situation to bring back your prize asset who is crucial to the rest of the season.