Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Despite the results and effort on the field, I'm still planning to see them in person next year.

Did this ever happen?  :angel:

Got to say like, fair fucking play to Mike for choosing us and sticking around through all the shit. If you've got absolutely no connection, not even child hood memories, it must take a special kind of commitment to continue supporting a team like us :thup:

:lol: Newcastle fans thinking they have it bad. Ya'll don't know bad.

Despite the results and effort on the field, I'm still planning to see them in person next year.

Got to say like, fair fucking play to Mike for choosing us and sticking around through all the shit. If you've got absolutely no connection, not even child hood memories, it must take a special kind of commitment to continue supporting a team like us :thup:

The rest of your teams can't even get relegated ffs :yao:

EDIT: Though I suppose a lock-out like in the NHL this year and that one a few years ago might be even worse.

EDIT: Though I suppose a lock-out like in the NHL this year and that one a few years ago might be even worse.

Yeah, but what's relegation?

"Oh, you're shit, so we'll put you in a league where you're awesome."

NFL is a league where the worst teams get first bids on the best new players and my team still hasn't been good for 15 years.

NFL is a league where the worst teams get first bids on the best new players and my team still hasn't been good for 15 years.

Lucky you're really old so can remember when it was good.

Lucky you're really old so can remember when it was good.

:lol: It was right around the same time Newcastle last had a shot at this trophy, tbh. You all seem to remember that 12 point lead.

15 years :yao:

"There is no blame attached to him. I am not being critical of him. I am just telling our fans because I know our fans are like "let's get Hatem in the team," and he ain't ready."

Funny how that bit's not been included in many of the other reports of this story.

I may be reading too much into it, but it sounds like Pardew isn't that impressed with all the rehab and training that was done in France. It sounds like he was expecting HBA's fitness to be much more advanced.

I wonder if we'll see a change of policy.

Guest Roger Kint

I may be reading too much into it, but it sounds like Pardew isn't that impressed with all the rehab and training that was done in France. It sounds like he was expecting HBA's fitness to be much more advanced.

I wonder if we'll see a change of policy.

He clearly states it is down to the illness he had the other week and not the treatment like.

Really see no need in rushing him back.  3 wins in last 4 league games and two massive Europa ties coming up.  If he is not 100% ready, do not play him at all, even for 10 minutes.  He will not be properly warmed up and it only takes a tired challenge at the end of the game to set him back.

Would rather not see him for a game or two and make sure he can play the last 8-9 league games a full speed, for 90 minutes.

Personally I would keep him back until Stoke and the return Anzhi match, they are more important.

"There is no blame attached to him. I am not being critical of him. I am just telling our fans because I know our fans are like "let's get Hatem in the team," and he ain't ready."

Funny how that bit's not been included in many of the other reports of this story.

Like against Fulham, Alan?

Exactly as I though, ridiculous to jump to the conclusion Pardew is deliberately holding Ben Arfa back.

As much as I've made my opinions about what happened last season pretty clear I think this season he sees Ben Arfa as the first name on the team sheet, he certainly doesn't see him as a liability in defence any more either. There would be no logical reason for him be holding back his best player if he was fit.

Like against Fulham, Alan?

How was that Pardew's fault ffs? There was no sign of injury so everyone assumed he was fit, I don't know the usual procedures and if precautionary scans are common, but that's more the fault of the medical staff if so.