Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

I can understand why he gets left out of international line ups tbh. He does some fantastic stuff which ends up coming to nothing because he holds the ball too long. Until he learns to become a team player that potential will never get fulfilled.

Easier said than done with how our other players are with their off the ball movement. Fully understand his hesistancy to pass.

There is some truth to that, but Marveaux jinked past a couple of players but always managed to release the ball before he got caught. I think Ben Arfa overdoes it.

another example in the 2nd half of the game, hba had the ball in our own half,  had the option to pass to cabaye who was unmarked and ready to receive, the ball never came because hba decided he wanted to do that tiote macho man bullshit, dabble on the ball twist and turn and lose it.  He did it also in lfc's tonking of us which lead to a goal .

the boy is so frustrating at times,  you want to cut him slack because he has all the ability in the world but he really needs to sort out when he should be doing his fancy dan shit, do it in the oppositions half not your own.

I can understand why he gets left out of international line ups tbh. He does some fantastic stuff which ends up coming to nothing because he holds the ball too long. Until he learns to become a team player that potential will never get fulfilled.

Easier said than done with how our other players are with their off the ball movement. Fully understand his hesistancy to pass.

There is some truth to that, but Marveaux jinked past a couple of players but always managed to release the ball before he got caught. I think Ben Arfa overdoes it.

another example in the 2nd half of the game, hba had the ball in our own half,  had the option to pass to cabaye who was unmarked and ready to receive, the ball never came because hba decided he wanted to do that tiote macho man bullshit, dabble on the ball twist and turn and lose it.  He did it also in lfc's tonking of us which lead to a goal .

the boy is so frustrating at times,  you want to cut him slack because he has all the ability in the world but he really needs to sort out when he should be doing his fancy dan shit, do it in the oppositions half not your own.

I'm glad you saw it as well. Last season Pardew got a lot of credit for getting him to knuckle down which might have been deserved or it might have had nothing to do with Pardew's input. But this season he's looked overweight, unmotivated and generally like he's here to get paid while shooting the breeze. There's a fabulous footballer in there but he really needs a manager that will motivate him and light a fire under his arse.

He wasn't great today but I found it kinda depressing how often he had the ball with his back to goal, in our half or around the halfway line. That's not where you want a player like him, literally serves no use.

Guest palnese

He was shite for the best part of the game, but he's still the one player who will get me on my feet.

He seemed really sluggish and was out muscled and run off the ball far too often today, I really hope the injuries haven't diminished his powers. I really hope he manages to stay fit for the majority of next season.

Sometimes he wasnt up the pitch because he simply couldn't be arsed. Debuchy was often making runs well ahead of him when we were attacking, while HBA jogged along in the fullback position. 

Played when he felt like it today, and is still overweight.

Guest firetotheworks

In a footballing sense it breaks my heart that we have a player of his quality playing and wanting to play for us, with a manager that puts his professional investment into players like Jonas and Perch. It's tragic.

One hand is pinning the other one down.

Guest hatem garrincha

His first half was great. He scared all Arse players. Two or three times, after beating several players, he found no solutions around him and was forced to stop his action and give the ball back to Tiote or Cabaye.

Shit second half, ok, as he completely ignored his team mates, with some really poor decisions.

But he still was the most dangerous NUFC player, always surounded by 3 Arsenal players

In a footballing sense it breaks my heart that we have a player of his quality playing and wanting to play for us, with a manager that puts his professional investment into players like Jonas and Perch. It's tragic.

Doesn't Pardew love Hatem as well though? I get your point about Jonas and Perch but this is a dodgy example.

It's just another question to put to Pardew, why do none of our midfielders move off the ball? I don't get his philosophy on midfield, he's fine for full backs to bomb on and for our striker(s) to work space but the middle 4 have no off the ball movement whatsoever.

Guest firetotheworks

Doesn't Pardew love Hatem as well though? I get your point about Jonas and Perch but this is a dodgy example.

What's love got do, got to do with it?

:iamatwat:

Guest firetotheworks

Nah, but seriously. What's that got to do with it? Pardew loving him doesn't change the point that he's hamstrung by Pardew's 'style'

His first half was great. He scared all Arse players. Two or three times, after beating several players, he found no solutions around him and was forced to stop his action and give the ball back to Tiote or Cabaye.

s*** second half, ok, as he completely ignored his team mates, with some really poor decisions.

But he still was the most dangerous NUFC player, always surounded by 3 Arsenal players

I expect an Arsenal bid for him this summer. What a player he could be under an intelligent, tactically aware manager. :IE Wenger.

Will be surprised if he is wearing our shirt next season imho.

Nah, but seriously. What's that got to do with it? Pardew loving him doesn't change the point that he's hamstrung by Pardew's 'style'

I though your point was that Pardew prefers Jonas and Perch. In fact he obviously rates HBA as one of our best players and starts him every game. I agree our poor general play is affecting him, but it affects everyone.

Guest firetotheworks

I though your point was that Pardew prefers Jonas and Perch. In fact he obviously rates HBA as one of our best players and starts him every game. I agree our poor general play is affecting him, but it affects everyone.

The point was more far reaching than Ben Arfa regarding the players that Pardew invests more in. Examples being Jonas and Perch being clearly seen as more valuable than Marveaux and Gouffran. Pardew shouldn't be anywhere near his profession imo.