Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

If true (probably not) it's a fair opening bid for a player who has no ability to play a large quanitity of games during a season.

Obviously all Liverpool bids needed to be on the Carroll scale if you have learning difficulties though.

If true (probably not) it's a fair opening bid for a player who has no ability to play a large quanitity of games during a season.

Obviously all Liverpool bids needed to be on the Carroll scale if you have learning difficulties though.

:thup: Yep, it would be a very reasonable initial bid. For comparison Mertens went to Napoli for less, on the back of scoring 40+ goals over the last two seasons. There's no way Liverpool will be stumping up the Mkhitaryan cash for Ben Arfa, they've been daft in the past but most recently they've brought in players like Coutinho and Sturridge for very good prices.

Ben Arfa can't be replaced no matter how much money imo, personally i think he's a very special player and guy in many ways. He's the last player i'd want to see leave. I would be devastated if we sold him. Not that i think it'll happen, but you never know for sure with these clowns in charge. He's 'the fans player' and supposed to be the chosen one like Anakin :lol:

£8.5m isnt a reasonable bid. The lad shits more talent than most of Liverpools players have.  Yes the fact he doesn't have a great fitness record is going to reduce any fee clubs are willing to pay.  But if he played every game I don't think we'd even listen to offers under £30m.  It's no good comparing this with fees for players signed abroad either (Mertens ect),  transfers from the Premier League usually have a premium,  like it or not.  At the end of the day he's our best player, to suggest that £8.5m is a reasonable bid for a 26 year old who's our best player (and still has 2 years on his contract) and in the English market, well I think some of you are on crack personally.  I think it would take at least a few more million to be considered a reasonable opening bid.  But then again I don't really care what's reasonable from Liverpools perspective.  I wouldn't sell him for 3 times what they've offered and I think it'd take something close to that for the club to consider it as well.

Seems unlikely they'd go from £8.5m to £25m, which is fine by me because I don't want him sold for anything to be honest.