Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Some first class cursing like, I know who I'm pointing the finger at when he gets injured.

You've already got him sold, can't take it back now.

:lol: We should sell him if he doesn't play more next season, been saying that for ages.  The owner's too tight for the alternatives not to be Jonas/Obertan.

Guest VanBarduck

We could see the best of him next year, if he has a good pre-season. I came across a very good itw of Wenger talking about how crucial it is nowadays. Then I remember Ben arfa didn't have a proper pre-season training since 2009...

In 2010 , he left OM's preseason tour early in order to force a move here.

In 2011, he was injured after the first exhibition game

In 2012, he was involved in the Euro , only had a few minutes before the start of the season ( during some friendly game I don't recall )

Sorry for the bump. You can relax he's not been sold :)

Just been watching a few compilations of him in a few games like Arsenal and the crucial QPR away game.

Christ even while looking chunky and half fit he was still pulling some fantastic moves. Like the Arsenal game where I remember many people saying he had a shit game and he did try to do too much at the end but my god watch the vid and see at least 3-4 times he goes on runs and completely destroys 2-3 players each time and this is him with the dodgy hammy and being a bit heavier than usual.

Also in that Qpr game I forgot how for awhile he was single handedly dragging us forward. Plus dat pen  :memeyeah:

So if we get a fit and sharp Hatem back for the start of the season we will always have some hope and also a bit of excitement.  :love:

We do appear to have an increasingly difficult decision to make with where to play HBA. As a winger he has to put in a defensive shift especially as both of our fullbacks need all the help they can, yet it is such a waste to see him playing so much football in our own half. Floating in the number 10 role he seems to get lost in the traffic and disappears for long stretches of the game as does Marveaux when he plays in the same position. He needs to be our Messi, free to do what he wants and to play where he wants, but we aren't Barcelona and Pardew is never going to select him to play this role. A conundrum. He's our most talented player and yet for most of the time he is on the pitch we get virtually nothing out of him. Solutions?

We do appear to have an increasingly difficult decision to make with where to play HBA. As a winger he has to put in a defensive shift especially as both of our fullbacks need all the help they can, yet it is such a waste to see him playing so much football in our own half. Floating in the number 10 role he seems to get lost in the traffic and disappears for long stretches of the game as does Marveaux when he plays in the same position. He needs to be our Messi, free to do what he wants and to play where he wants, but we aren't Barcelona and Pardew is never going to select him to play this role. A conundrum. He's our most talented player and yet for most of the time he is on the pitch we get virtually nothing out of him. Solutions?

Get a new manager.

Get a new manager.

What did Didier Deschamps do to remedy this, out of interest? Not all Pardew's fault.

Guest bimpy474

It's far more than just Hatem. Pardew is a problem for our entire team play. We need a new manager without a doubt, we aint getting one though.

Get a new manager.

What did Didier Deschamps do to remedy this, out of interest? Not all Pardew's fault.

Deschamps is pretty shite too tbh.

Guest Haris Vuckic

It's far more than just Hatem. Pardew is a problem for our entire team play. We need a new manager without a doubt, we aint getting one though.

Yeah if we keep Pardew we might even finish 5th or get relegated or just explode.

Bring back Ossie Ardiles. :thup:

Bit worried about Hatem. Pardew came out at the start of the summer and said he was back to full fitness and looking back to the player he was 2 years ago but from what i've seen and also heard from other people he looks no where near.

I know he barely played a minute of pre-season last year and then started as our fittest and best performer but this year he is getting more minutes and not really shown anything while still looking a little bit heavy.

Just hope he can't be arsed in pre-season and will turn it on when it matters.

Left or right side of a front 3, have him and Remy swapping positions and roaming.

This should be easy for Pardew to figure out but i doubt it sadly.

This.

Agree, I'm just hoping that when they're all available it will be impossible for Pardew to ignore.