Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Ben Arfa is our best player on paper. Sometimes he's great (Fulham, Aston Villa) and sometimes he isn't (Hull, etc). He isn't consistent. At the moment I'd say our best player is Remy.

At the moment, yes - HBA is the most naturally gifted, but Remy is far more effective because of his direct pace and willingness to pass and move.....need to see Remy over a longer period of time, but if he maintains this level of performance you have to say that he will be a bigger asset to the side in 7 games out of 10 than will HBA.

Pardew  :knuppel2:

Pardew is stupide.You know very well that ben arfa despite its flaws is essential to your team. Remember the last year and win vs. cfc it is the same way(lucky game). Ben arfa you r Sessegnon (it is far better him), he will leave in January for as roma and probably also Cabaye. Without them I can assure you that neither Gouffran or sissoko or remy will bring in nufc high.You will fight for relegation.

Pardew is the most fun coach in pl, it is considered a man stupid and without game plan.He will destroy your jewel when he has a bad game vs hull.Ben you won more points than remy (mercenary) and he loves nufc.

Suppose we do more robben play because there Debuchy.

Pardew can only think that s*** in your place I would regret simpson if you must stuff a jerk who thinks winger and is rolled every game.

Remember last year without no ben arfa

With ben arfa top 5 the best nufc last 3 years and he saves nufc ( relegation)

wat

I am french  :snod: but the message

Pardew will destroy nufc :huff: 442 jonas bis (gouffran sissoko )hoof :o

bench arfa

You are nearly right - Ashley AND Pardew will destroy NUFC...!

Remy isn't really expected to defend tbf, he's a forward and is pretty much just left to be one. Pardew wants Ben Arfa to be a Jonas like midfielder until he starts scoring a few and then he's his wild card, his "bit of magic", we might as well stick the cunt up front on his own why the fuck not. 3 games later he's no longer beating 3-4 people on the trot every 10 minutes or pelting in 20 yarders and he's not doing his job, he needs to defend more, lets reel him in and try again in a few games time.

People seemed to think that a couple of seasons ago Pardew was dropping him because he was unfit, which wasn't the case at all. The same shit's happening now. He's just not a Pardew player at all.

Meh. Personally think folk are getting carried away with one win at home to an aging Mourinho side where we out-worked them for the entire game (playing horrible "football" for 65 minutes in doing so) and by Pardew's admission got the lucky breaks that we wanted. Again, this was just another in a long list of "cup finals" for us where the team competed and matched one of the top sides.

Ben Arfa is our most talented footballer, and we need to stick by him like any well-run club does when its star player hits a slump in form. Put him back on the right wing, get him tracking back like he has done for the most part of the past 2 seasons (something that many folk on here were willing to praise Pardew about), and then go from there. Not drop him for s*** like Jonas, Obertan, Shola, Sissoko out wide, and even, dare I say it, Gouffran (I think if he continues as a wide midfielder he'll get his fair share of critics once we get to games where we need more than sheer work rate, though I'd be happy to be wrong).

However, going back to a previous post, I really suspect he may have been tapped up, and this is the reasoning behind why he's not playing in his "default" RW position. Has Hatem even said anything in the media recently, especially given that he has been dropped? You'd expect him to be complaining in the press, issuing "come get me pleas", or at least explaining things (sucking up to the boss by saying he'll try harder, etc etc). If we're trying to sell him, why bench him? The other logical explanation is that Pardew and the club are trying to use this winter period as an opportunity to have him in and out of the team so as to keep him fresh for the second half of the season - and Brazil 2014 if he manages to make the French squad. Though in current form, that theory is looking a little far fetched.

If HBA has been tapped up, he won't be the only one...take a look around the side and you can guess which players other clubs would want. These clubs know they only have to wait until Jan and unless NUFC are in the same league position as last season, they have a good chance of getting one or two of the side. HBA and Cabaye are the most likely to go, esp the latter and I wouldn't rule out a German low bid for Cisse.

Many of the players know they could do better at other clubs under better managers and I don't blame Cabaye at all - I believe he genuinely wanted to do well at Newcastle but like others, he will be disillusioned by the set up and Ashley's buying policy - or lack of it. He will want some success at his age now.

I can't understand the argument that because Ben arfa is great in attack he doesn't need to contribute in defense, especially when the latter one is a team work issue. 

I am not saying we should bench him forever because he is too talented to be on the bench. That said, I also cannot ignore the fact that Debuchy suddenly becomes world class defender once partner with Gouffran. Why couldn't Ben Arfa do at least 50% of defense work like gouffran did? he actually did it 2 years before, but not now.

If pardew gives Ben arfa special privilege to be exempted from doing the defense work, what would the other players feel then? fucking pissed off for sure. Imagine you are gouffran and think yourself.

It's hard to argue his case when he's been dropped twice this season and we've won twice, along with him being hauled off at half time and we won second half 2-0. Everyone knows it's wonderful to see Ben Arfa and we miss watching him but as long as we are winning games, it's hard to argue against the decisions being made. And i f***ing love Hatem Ben Arfa, us winning doesn’t make me miss him any less because I still wish he would play every minute of every game for us.

Aye pretty much nobody in history has ever pointed out or noticed that causation and correlation are not the same thing.

Carry on, Brett.

:D

I do fear the worst for his future here. There's no questioning his talent, but his contribution to the team still isn't quite good enough overall.

I get the feeling that, no matter where he is on the pitch, his first instinct tends to be to try and beat the man in front of him rather than lay the ball off. Even when he doesn't actually lose the ball, it can slow things up. And as people say, his defensive work is very poor.

Is he worth his place just on the occasional golden moments, which compensate for the other problems? At the moment, with regrets, I'd have to say no. He needs to improve.

And I don't think it's fair to blame Pardew here. He's given him every chance, in all sorts of positions in the side.

He'll be playing against Norwich, don't know why people are going over the top on the issue like we'll never see him again. Pardew has managed Ben Arfa very well since he arrived. He's just struggled to get consistent performances out of him, but tbf which manager has been able to do so? It's clearly no easy task. At least Pardew has kept him happy in the process of trying to get the consistency something other managers have ultimately failed to do.

Hate to say it but if Ben Arfa was going to progress into a far better player in the way that Ronaldo did then it should have happened a long time ago.

Ronaldo had a natural progression into the player he is today, fulfilling his early potential. There were only a few years where he was frustrating and lacked final product.

Ben Arfa's progression however has been stuttered and stop/start. I find it hard to believe no one would have told him the things like Sir Alex told Ronaldo above. I'm sure every manager including Pardew will have told him he needs to improve his final pass/shot and decision making.

Don't think people would deny he hasn't got phenomenal talent, but talent alone doesn't make you the best. It is all the other elements that add up to make the the very best players.

Obviously we all want him to make better decisions on when to pass and when to dribble, but we should never want him to be perfect, because he would not be at this club if he reached that point.

I'm sorry but that's a massive load of shite.

Guest neesy111

Obviously we all want him to make better decisions on when to pass and when to dribble, but we should never want him to be perfect, because he would not be at this club if he reached that point.

http://socialinns.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/leonardo-dicaprio-inception-movie-meme-face.jpg

Guest hatem garrincha

Agree with alexf. HBA's problem is more in his head than in his (big) talent.

But some conclusions already drawn  about him one here are pretty hilarious.

Fucking sickening that our manager don't play him.

Shola's playing real well at the moment, to be fair to him.

1 PL goal in 50 ain't bad.

Is his recent record that good?  :kasper:

Anyway, its criminal not to play someone with Ben Arfas ability.

Ben Arfa's been gash from the Hull game like, think he's played wide left, wide right and central since and been invisible in all 3 positions, got no problem him or any other player being dropped for poor form

Ben Arfa's been gash from the Hull game like, think he's played wide left, wide right and central since and been invisible in all 3 positions, got no problem him or any other player being dropped for poor form

His form wasn't that poor before we started moving him.  You don't drop players or move them every time they perform below 100% or you would never have a settled side.

When looking on my old imageshack account for the Marley Howay The Lads photo I came across this

One of the funniest times on here and now look how its turned out, him on the bench.

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/1277/300j.png

:lol: dropped for Shola Ameobi.

Surprisingly being "played wide left, wide right and central" probably hasn't helped his form.