Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

For those calling for him to get a full 90 mins. Do you seriously think he could try and take the opposition on every time for a full 90 mins? and not tire and start to lose the ball even more.

No. I don't think anyone actually wants him to do that either :lol:

He wouldn't be rushed into trying that is the point. With 90 minutes ahead of you and the game tied at 0-0 you can afford to be a lot more patient with the ball.

so you think given 90 mins he will take his time, find passes and start to make all the right decisions. Fair enough believe that. I think he will make the same mistakes he makes in 30 mins for 90 mins. Honestly would Love to be proved wrong by him.

For those calling for him to get a full 90 mins. Do you seriously think he could try and take the opposition on every time for a full 90 mins? and not tire and start to lose the ball even more.

No. I don't think anyone actually wants him to do that either :lol:

He wouldn't be rushed into trying that is the point. With 90 minutes ahead of you and the game tied at 0-0 you can afford to be a lot more patient with the ball.

so you think given 90 mins he will take his time, find passes and start to make all the right decisions. Fair enough believe that. I think he will make the same mistakes he makes in 30 mins for 90 mins. Honestly would Love to be proved wrong by him.

He's already proven that he can do that.

I remember when he came on early for an injured Cabaye against QPR and completely dictated play. We weren't exactly great in the game if I remember but he was absolutely class and pulled the strings in midfield. Give him 90 minutes (well about 70 in that case) and that's what he can do, he's a very good passer of the ball and has excellent vision.

I remember when he came on early for an injured Cabaye against QPR and completely dictated play. We weren't exactly great in the game if I remember but he was absolutely class and pulled the strings in midfield. Give him 90 minutes (well about 70 in that case) and that's what he can do, he's a very good passer of the ball and has excellent vision.

He also gets doubled/trebled up on when he starts, which means there is always space for somebody else to exploit, unfortunately we seem to do absolutely no work in this area, so when he gets nullified in a game, Pardew's solution is always to drop him instead of asking the other players to move around a bit.

Didn't think it was that cut and dry that he should start but was disappointed with his decisions when he was on. Taking shots from the angles and situations he did, at that stage of the game, wasn't clever. Felt for him as the goal came at a bad time for him with them protecting the lead a little more.

He also gets doubled/trebled up on when he starts, which means there is always space for somebody else to exploit, unfortunately we seem to do absolutely no work in this area, so when he gets nullified in a game, Pardew's solution is always to drop him instead of asking the other players to move around a bit.

:lol: :lol: It does depress me like.

It's weird when he has 3 players around him we never seem to have a spare man, I can't work that one out.

It's weird when he has 3 players around him we never seem to have a spare man, I can't work that one out.

At one point today, Anita had the ball near the edge of their box and he had at least seven Arsenal players round him, yet nobody in black and white as an option. Some feat that like, some of our players could be on an empty pitch and still be man-marked.

Didn't think it was that cut and dry that he should start but was disappointed with his decisions when he was on. Taking shots from the angles and situations he did, at that stage of the game, wasn't clever. Felt for him as the goal came at a bad time for him with them protecting the lead a little more.

:jesuswept:  Another one.  :lol:  Who was making better decisions either before or after he came on?

:jesuswept:  Another one.  :lol:  Who was making better decisions either before or after he came on?

Gouffran. There was one pass he made to Coloccini that was sensationally sensible. Fifteen yards, backwards, straight line. Don't miss it tonight on MOTD.

At one point today, Anita had the ball near the edge of their box and he had at least seven Arsenal players round him, yet nobody in black and white as an option. Some feat that like, some of our players could be on an empty pitch and still be man-marked.

It's disgusting at times how we have no options.  People are complaining about the decisions Ban Arfa made yet I can't think of him having many options, if any, other than to try and do something his self.

I'm hoping Pardew does what he did when we finished 5th and let's Ben Arfa play now that we've got a points cushion and nothing to lose. Probably won't bother in case HBA makes a huge fuck up like last time and helps us get into Europe, ruining an entire season in the process.

It's disgusting at times how we have no options.  People are complaining about the decisions Ban Arfa made yet I can't think of him having many options, if any, other than to try and do something his self.

First mistake was probably benching HBA at the start, though I see why Pardew did it. Second mistake was swapping HBA for Gouffran. Should've never been Gouff off, regardless of how he was performing to that point. One of the few players who consistently works to get open. Should have been Anita or Sissoko off imo.

Though again, when Pardew made the switch, it was still 0-0 and he wasn't about to sacrifice anything defensively.

If he's got any sense, he'll be looking for a new club. He'll never reach his full potential under Pardew.

Sad but true. Hate how Pardew is failing to realise the potential of our best team in a decade.

A bit hyperbolic, considering the results over the past two months.

The fact he can't accommodate our most talented player should say a lot.

Can't argue with the results at the moment, but our style of play is not befitting some of the talent we have at our disposal, and that will probably prevent us from really challenging like we should this season.

:lol: Wullie's been class tonight.

I'm sure he has been massively disappointed in Gouffran's last 5 home performances before this one.

Not at all, he's a decent player, works like Jonas but with a very useful Nolan-esque knack of where to put himself to get a goal. But let's not kid ourselves that he's got even a fraction of HBA's effectiveness with a ball at his feet.

:lol: Wullie's been class tonight.

I'm sure he has been massively disappointed in Gouffran's last 5 home performances before this one.

Not at all, he's a decent player, works like Jonas but with a very useful Nolan-esque knack of where to put himself to get a goal. But let's not kid ourselves that he's got even a fraction of HBA's effectiveness with a ball at his feet.

No-one is are they? But Gouffran has been very effective for us for 2 months now.

I'd leave Sissoko out at WBA. I like Sissoko a lot but that's a game we don't need to be as solid.