Bolton Wanderers v Newcastle United (26/12/11, 3pm)

Mr. Snrub

shh Hindu you are not allowed to say anything negative about Ben Arfa on here :D

He didn't say anything negative about Ben Arfa. Apart from that, good one. :lol:

i mean in general, some posters on here jump on you if you say anything negative about him.

Some do, I agree. They're generally not worth taking notice of.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

Must be something up behind the scenes with Ben Arfa IMO.

Dropping him after a few games and deciding Best, despite being pretty poor himself lately, is just a better option doesn't make a lot of sense.

As for Obertan, I can see the sense in playing him. He does give us genuine width, which can't really be said of anyone else in the squad. Be nice if he actually did something useful once in a while of course, but I suppose that'd be asking a bit much.

I think its the long ball policy that keeps ben arfa out. I've noticed plenty of hoofs up to ba and best in previous matches. And ben arfa is only what 5'10 and not good in the air but amazing with his feet.

A front 6 along the lines of:

-----------------Tiote--------------------

-------Cabaye---------Vuckic----------

---Jonas-----------------------Ben Arfa

------------------Ba----------------------

Or something to this effect would be the far more adventurous. What's the point of going down to Bolton and trying to play them at their own game? I'm bored of hoof and run. Our purple patch was highlighted by good, passing football and ball retention. At some point in this dry spell we have forgotten that that's what we did well. I don't think Pardew can validly argue the team he keeps selecting is doing well, as could do before, and it's starting to grate that we have players on the bench who seem to offer more than those he continues to pick regardless of their continually average performances. Blergh.

You guys are hilarious. Pardew "bottles it" and "f***ing joke from Pardew". Seriously, not a great deal wrong with that line up like. The same one pretty much that saw us unbeaten in 11 games.

I would also like to see Ben Arfa in place of Best preferably but it's hardly a "f***ing joke" that he hasn't started him.

If something isn't working then it might be a good idea to do something different.  We are looking for our first win since the beginning of November and we're now at the end of December. 

Obertan and Best have done virtually nothing in that time yet once again they are in the starting line up.

What have you seen in Best and Obertan that suggests that they are capable of helping us get a result today?  Whatever it is, I've missed it.

Have you read my posts? I've seen quite a bit in Obertan to suggest he is capable of producing a "moment of magic" (or at least scare a defence).

Best, I agree recently has been poor. For that reason I would personally bring in Ben Arfa for him. I don't however, think it is "f***ing ridiculous" that Pardew has decided not to. It's not, in my opinion, so cut and dry that Ben Arfa will definitely improve us, although I agree it is getting to the time that HBA is given his proper chance.

We're rock bottom of the form table, with two points from eighteen. Precisely when would you say is a more appropriate time to try something different?

Whenever Pardew feels like HBA and co are up to speed and capable of improving us. Pardew over the course of this season has earned a bit of patience and trust from me, personally.

As I've already said, I would swap Best and Obertan. But I don't think it warrants the over reactions on here that he isn't playing.

In a nutshell.

Would you prefer sammy ameobi on the right wing? I wouldn't.

I haven't said that anywhere, have I?

he's the only alternitive, today, in that position.

You guys are hilarious. Pardew "bottles it" and "f***ing joke from Pardew". Seriously, not a great deal wrong with that line up like. The same one pretty much that saw us unbeaten in 11 games.

I would also like to see Ben Arfa in place of Best preferably but it's hardly a "f***ing joke" that he hasn't started him.

If something isn't working then it might be a good idea to do something different.  We are looking for our first win since the beginning of November and we're now at the end of December. 

Obertan and Best have done virtually nothing in that time yet once again they are in the starting line up.

What have you seen in Best and Obertan that suggests that they are capable of helping us get a result today?  Whatever it is, I've missed it.

Have you read my posts? I've seen quite a bit in Obertan to suggest he is capable of producing a "moment of magic" (or at least scare a defence).

Best, I agree recently has been poor. For that reason I would personally bring in Ben Arfa for him. I don't however, think it is "f***ing ridiculous" that Pardew has decided not to. It's not, in my opinion, so cut and dry that Ben Arfa will definitely improve us, although I agree it is getting to the time that HBA is given his proper chance.

We're rock bottom of the form table, with two points from eighteen. Precisely when would you say is a more appropriate time to try something different?

Whenever Pardew feels like HBA and co are up to speed and capable of improving us. Pardew over the course of this season has earned a bit of patience and trust from me, personally.

As I've already said, I would swap Best and Obertan. But I don't think it warrants the over reactions on here that he isn't playing.

I just think when you consider our form and recent results, it's completely understandable that people are desperate for a change in thinking and feel disappointed that there aren't any. We couldn't be doing much worse than we are at present - and nobody else in the league is getting worse results.

PS: it's not just about Ben Arfa.

He's only played 3 times since then.  :lol:

He played well against Everton I though.

Two of those were in two of our easiest home games and he didn't produce a thing, he runs about a bit while doing nothing to add anything to our game.

I must have missed when Obertan has scared the opposition defence, even the free kick he won for our first against WBA was when he bottled a shot and just ran parallel with the box.

“I am a little bit worried about [best not scoring]. I’ve mentioned his potency as a goalscorer before.

That’s what he is – a goalscorer, but he’s not really getting a lot of chances to show that it’s going to come to the fore at the moment.

“I just think the last couple of games we’ve created enough chances for him to have got on the end of something, so we’ll have to look at that.”

he's the only alternitive, today, in that position.

He's not.

He is. You can't play vuckic there or Ameobi(shola). I'd like to try ben arfa there but pardew will never do that.

Sitting on a f.....g plane that takes off for LA at 3pm. Won't know result for ELEVEN hours. Disaster. Wife has lost all the brownie points for this that she gained for buying me Subbuteo for Christmas...

The pilot got some internet probably.... He'll probably even watch some football up there as he won't have anything else to do, you know.

Sitting on a f.....g plane that takes off for LA at 3pm. Won't know result for ELEVEN hours. Disaster. Wife has lost all the brownie points for this that she gained for buying me Subbuteo for Christmas...

The pilot got some internet probably.... He'll probably even watch some football up there as he won't have anything else to do, you know.

Should definitely try and break down the door to get him to tell you the result. Do the Demba celebration often too.

He is. You can't play vuckic there or Ameobi(shola). I'd like to try ben arfa there but pardew will never do that.

Pardew being unwilling to play Ben Arfa on the wing doesn’t mean that he’s not an alternative.