Bolton Wanderers v Newcastle United (26/12/11, 3pm)

Mr. Snrub

we should still have enough to win this - bolton look laughably bad this season and blackburn dominated them in the 2nd half of their last match. both those sides failed to do the basics which puts them a level below the likes of wolves, sunderland and even wigan. no excuses for not getting a result here.

Guest Craig-NUFC

Haway man. Best is going to do a better job up against Cahill and Knight than Ben Arfa. It is annoying that HBA isn't getting games, but I find today more understandable from a tactical viewpoint than the last few weeks.

Haway man. Best is going to do a better job up against Cahill and Knight than Ben Arfa. It is annoying that HBA isn't getting games, but I find today more understandable from a tactical viewpoint than the last few weeks.

Knight's a lumbering oaf. I'd rather have some pace and Skill up against him.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Really? Rather see us play it quickly across the deck against them than Williamson being instructed to hoof to Best and hope for Ba to collect the knock downs.

Rarely understand this argument of blah blah is better against blah blah type of opposition. Yes, it works if the players have a similar level of ability but different playing style. You're talking about players who have completely different levels of ability Craig.

That's fair enough, it's just a bit frustrating that Pardew appears to be happy to stick with the same thing and just hope it starts working again. Easier to accept an attempt at a change and it not coming off than simply trying again with what's not been working recently and it still not working. We'll see.

think the idea was more to have Vuckic playing off Ba tbh. i'm sure Best will do okay, but his last game was crap and he's not looked a goal threat or particularly creative for 7 or so matches. it also seems his presence stops us from playing it on the ground, which is more pardew's fault.

from the game i saw bolton's centre halves seemed to struggle most with Hoilett, so not sure it's accurate to say playing a more targetman style forward is a better option. if anything that would be playing into their hands a bit, im sure knight and cahill would prefer fighting for aerial passes than trying to stick with dangerous, skilful runners from deep.

Pardew has no balls, he's going to be under pressure if we don't get a result and it's his own fault.

This.

and deservedly so, some positive thinking post the city/man u/chelsea was what we needed, not conservatism. We lose this and the finger points directly at Pardew

Guest neesy111

You guys are hilarious. Pardew "bottles it" and "fucking joke from Pardew". Seriously, not a great deal wrong with that line up like. The same one pretty much that saw us unbeaten in 11 games.

I would also like to see Ben Arfa in place of Best preferably but it's hardly a "fucking joke" that he hasn't started him.

Obertan has done nothing to deserve a starting line-up place this season.

You guys are hilarious. Pardew "bottles it" and "fucking joke from Pardew". Seriously, not a great deal wrong with that line up like. The same one pretty much that saw us unbeaten in 11 games.

I would also like to see Ben Arfa in place of Best preferably but it's hardly a "fucking joke" that he hasn't started him.

Pretty much spot on, way too many rash reactions from what is a pretty decent lineup.

Guest neesy111

Pards got a lot of praise when things were going well, now he has to deal with the criticism which is justified considering we got 1 point for 6 v swansea and west brom.