Bolton Wanderers v Newcastle United (26/12/11, 3pm)

Mr. Snrub

He scored a thumper against Southampton on arguably the greatest day of my life - up until then, at least.

It's always nice when we break a long-standing hoodoo, but i wouldn't go that far. Certainly a high point of Souness' tenure, though.

Carr was that good Nobby kept him out of the team at right back.  I'll never forget him having a hernia operation before Shearer had his yet Shearer was back weeks before Carr and Shearer had a double hernia op to Carr's one.

Aye, he had a decent spell when we picked up our injuries in '07. Forced Carr to left back a few times :lol:

:lol:

It seems like my entire memory of NUFC has us playing square pegs in round holes or shitty players in general simply because of naff squad depth.

Obviously it's not the case, but that's really what it seems like. One of the most infuriating things in football because it should be preventable.

Aye, he had a decent spell when we picked up our injuries in '07. Forced Carr to left back a few times :lol:

It seems like my entire memory of NUFC has us playing square pegs in round holes or shitty players in general simply because of naff squad depth.

Obviously it's not the case, but that's really what it seems like. One of the most infuriating things in football because it should be preventable.

it's only that way when it doesn't work, when it does work it's inspired management.

Souness was the worst at doing that, I hated that prick as he was clueless.

From an attacking perspective, i honestly can't think of anything Simpson has up on Carr. He's absolutely feeble in the final third.

There are glimpses of a good tackler now and then. I used to be a fan of Simpson, but he's tailed off ridiculously this season. Even when we were winning, he was an obvious weak spot.

The sad thing is though Simpson was more effective at bringing the ball in the box than what both Jonas and Obertan were against WBA.

Souness was the worst at doing that, I hated that prick as he was clueless.

i gave him far too long, those injuries covered a lot of the crap.

i gave him far too long, those injuries covered a lot of the crap.

He wrecked a very good team and was allowed to almost wreck the club, he was shit and we should have known that before appointing him.

I still remember one of the main reasons for Souness being brought in - his alleged trait of being a "disciplinarian". f*** off Souness.

He was one of only 2 or 3 managers below where Sir Bobby had us in the league when he was sacked.  :lol: We paid compensation to Blackburn to take a manager off them that they looked like sacking.

I still remember one of the main reasons for Souness being brought in - his alleged trait of being a "disciplinarian". f*** off Souness.

He was one of only 2 or 3 managers below where Sir Bobby had us in the league when he was sacked.  :lol: We paid compensation to Blackburn to take a manager off them that they looked like sacking.

Those were indeed dark days.

Please. Let's not re-live those years ffs. :lol:

Done O0.

I know you guys have been slating Obertan loads in this thread, but the prospect of his pace up against Paul Robinson terrifies me.

could see Obertan getting lots of joy against your crap defence. problem is he doesn't need defenders stood in his way to mess up, he can do that perfectly fine on his own.

I know you guys have been slating Obertan loads in this thread, but the prospect of his pace up against Paul Robinson terrifies me.

could see Obertan getting lots of joy against your crap defence. problem is he doesn't need defenders stood in his way to mess up, he can do that perfectly fine on his own.

It really is remarkable just how many times he'll do a step over, get a yard on a defender to fire in a ball.... and then choose to stop the ball for a bit. Ah well, here's hoping to some maturing from the blighter.