Liverpool 3 - 1 Newcastle United - 12/30/11 - Post-match reaction from page 43

Beren

The manager should be absolutely ashamed of himself sending an NUFC side out to play like that against those players. They are garbage and we spent ninety minutes shitting ourselves.

pardew crumbles in these big games. don't know why, can't explain it at all. we're in a rut atm and he'll earn his money getting us out of it.

I'm no fan of Gerrard but to be fair, the game was pretty dire and hethis a different class for them. I think him getting MOM says more about the game to be honest.

As for us, typical of us when we are playing containment. No pressure on them bar the odd spell. The only players I am happy to see with the ball are Colo, Tiote and Ba. I physically wince when Obertan and Simpson get the ball under pressure.

at least this game is now out of the fucking way.

embarrassing performances from some today, Obertan, Jonas and Tiote in particular. when 3 out of your 4/5 midfielders have a game as bad as they did you stand no chance. must say, the FK leading up to their 2nd should never have happened.

Liverpool FC can fuck itself.

Ah feel sick as fuck watching that, overall Liverpool deserved it....however.  Pardew got it wrong, Simpson was woeful, Obertan was worse and Ben Arfa offered nothing.

Worst of all, Sky Sports and its Liverpool wank fest. 

Ban for Colo? I think it'll happen. Simpson is utter garbage.

Maybe for Cabaye, can't see owt coming from that Colo challange, looked bad from one angle but he is just trying to attack the ball. If he wasnt fair enough, well played to the lad for hurting the poisonous dwarf anyways.

Bit of a reality check. Our passing and control of the ball under pressure has improved, but still isn't good enough.

I assume Simpson was following a pre-arranged plan with that dash to the post for the second goal. Trouble is, his timing was wrong and Bellamy and Carroll had plenty of time to react. Simpson lacks initiative. I get really annoyed with him.

In order to do what? Insane from him. Never seen owt like it.

Krul  4

Simpson  4

Williamson  5

Coloccini  6

Raylor  3

Obertan  1

Tiote  7

Cabaye  6

Jonas  2

Vuckic  4

Ba  6

Santon  6

Ben Arfa  4

tiote 7?

us conceding two goals today was down to him.

So Tiote gets the blame for bad refereeing anf Simpson's complete inability on the ball? MoM with Colo for us.

tiote was to blame because simpson was quite clearly man marked right on the edge of our own penalty box, maybe you never played football before, you got the ball near your own box with players bearing down on your team mate, the last thing you do is pass to him.  how about clearing the ball hows that for a brainstorm?  especially when tiote had all the time in the world.

Like I said before. Would snap Chelsea's hand off for £20m if they wanted Tiote.

No. Because he's still the best we've got to offer there atm. Vuckic, Gosling, Guthrie (as well as he's done) or dare I say, Smith would all be worse. No new player would come in. End of the story.

Bit of a reality check. Our passing and control of the ball under pressure has improved, but still isn't good enough.

no it hasn't. that's one of the areas we've fell back in slightly this season. needs to be worked on massively behind the scenes.

i'm beginning to think Cabaye needs to play in a midfield three with an extra player in there - Vuckic doesn't have the presence.

After much soul-searching, I've decided that I'm ready for the relegation-o-meter.

Bump it up lads, bump it up.

:(

You are the most negative b****** I've ever encountered on here.

:lol:

I wasn't serious, and even if I was, that comment wouldn't even put me in the top 10. Or 20.

The entire match, you've spouted nothing but negative stuff man :lol:

f*** off Dalglish. f*** off Carroll. f*** off Bellamy. f*** off Enrique.

f*** off Gerrard.

That is all. c***s.

Wow, is that you showing some emotion?

Turn off ye swear filter, man, ye puff!

You calling me a puff?  :bluestar:

Thought Tiote, along with Colo, was our best player. Some of his passing wasn't great but he was the only one - aside from one pass from Cabaye - that played the ball with any intent. He was the only one who looked like he wanted to progress with the football itself. Rather than wander around, pass it sideways and then hoof it forward, he tried retaining possession for a few more seconds and look to move it forward. Made some good interceptions too.

Agreed. He was immense when we were under the cosh in the first half, and he dictated our tempo in that short spell second half when we looked better and matched liverpool.

After much soul-searching, I've decided that I'm ready for the relegation-o-meter.

I wasn't serious, and even if I was, that comment wouldn't even put me in the top 10. Or 20.

Aye because in reality it was a fucking bed of roses :lol:

Think it's been a pretty negative thread all round. :lol: Anfield. Fucking Anfield.