Liverpool 3 - 1 Newcastle United - 12/30/11 - Post-match reaction from page 43

Beren

Btw, the absolute gall of the commentators to give Gerrard credit for NOT taking a free-kick. No sarcasm or anything. Fuck. My. Life.

Comfortably the most nauseating commentary I'll listen to all season.

Guest Nasty Cheik

100% the worst performance of the season! We were awful, Gutierrez and Obertan may as well not be playing. Why we tried to play the long ball up to Ba the ENTIRE game was beyond belief. Completely deserved to lose, even if they were rubbish as well...94 minutes of utter pain.

I can't bear this forum sometimes :lol: I know you're not WUM'ing but it is beyond my comprehension how anyone can watch that match and say Tiote had a bad game. He was my MOTM.

:thup:

f***ed up for the third goal IMO, but other than that I thought he was excellent.

Yeah, Tiote was fine.  3rd goal wasn't by any means a fuck-up either.  That decision might not have gone Liverpool's way on another day.

I can't bear this forum sometimes :lol: I know you're not WUM'ing but it is beyond my comprehension how anyone can watch that match and say Tiote had a bad game. He was my MOTM.

:thup:

Fucked up for the third goal IMO, but other than that I thought he was excellent.

Tiote was never excellent today. If Simpson or Obertan misplaced the same amount of passes like he did today (well, maybe they did) they'd be killed on here.

I think the referee gave a soft free kick against Tiote and then I can't really explain why Simpson dropped back towards the line. Krul would have got it easily, but Simpson was in the way. For the third the ball instead of going to Simpson should have been cleared, we played it back to Simpson and he panics putting it out of play just before their third.

Tiote and Cabaye played well in the centre of the park. Vuckic didn't do too bad, although didn't really impose himself onto the game with a lot of his play going backwards (maybe negative play was pre match tactic). Gerrard did change the game for them, some great passing which was something they had lacked in Henderson, Spearing and Adams.

Krul - 6

Simpson - 4

Coloccini - 7.5

Williamson - 6

Taylor - 5.5 (Santon - 6)

Obertan - 3 (offered nothing going forwards and was a liability with the ball)

Tiote - 6.5

Cabaye - 6.5

Vuckic - 6 (Ben Arfa - 6)

Jonas - 6

Ba - 6.5

Please tell me I wasn't the only one that saw Bellamy call Krul a 'dutch c***'? Clear as day.

Yeah I saw him tell Krul to fuck off you Dutch cunt.

Same. :thup:

Will never get a look from the officials, though. He was bloody, in the end.

- Williamson could have prevented the first goal.

- Simpson could have prevented the second goal (by getting out of the fucking way)

- Tiote could have prevented the third goal.

Mighty Liverpool, played out of their skins, fucking amazing performance etc. etc.

It'll get buried under lots of other shit, but I thought Williamson did a good job - he's taken to first-team football after a long absence very admirably. Shame he's surrounded by Raylor and Simpson, mind.

Please tell me I wasn't the only one that saw Bellamy call Krul a 'dutch c***'? Clear as day.

Yeah I saw him tell Krul to fuck off you Dutch cunt.

Same. :thup:

Will never get a look from the officials, though. He was bloody, in the end.

They'll be too busy analyzing the hours of video evidence Sky are sending them for Colo's elbow.

Bit of a reality check. Our passing and control of the ball under pressure has improved, but still isn't good enough.

I assume Simpson was following a pre-arranged plan with that dash to the post for the second goal. Trouble is, his timing was wrong and Bellamy and Carroll had plenty of time to react. Simpson lacks initiative. I get really annoyed with him.

In order to do what? Insane from him. Never seen owt like it.

I've seen other players try that. The object is to cover the post behind the wall that the keeper isn't covering. But your timing needs to be right, and if the opposition is on to it, you have to adjust.

I can't believe that Simpson decided to do that completely off his own bat, with no planning in training. He doesn't normally take that kind of responsibility. If it was entirely his own decision, his manager is going to be a teensy-bit angry.

Seems daft. Just allows the oppo forward to stroll in and try to get a nick on the FK, blocks the keeper's view, gets in the keeper's way. Let the wall do its job; let the keeper do his job.

- Simpson could have prevented the second goal (by getting out of the f***ing way)

Mighty Liverpool, played out of their skins, f***ing amazing performance etc. etc.

They're clearly better than us.  There are 5 other teams that are better than them.

£85m+ :yao:

It'll get buried under lots of other shit, but I thought Williamson did a good job - he's taken to first-team football after a long absence very admirably. Shame he's surrounded by Raylor and Simpson, mind.

:thup: Handled Carroll very well.

- Simpson could have prevented the second goal (by getting out of the fucking way)

sounds about right. shot ourselves in the foot big time. a more coherent approach and we could've gotten a result at anfield like plenty of others this season.

Very uninspiring chat from pardew here.

Right lads, let's go out play negative sidewards and backwards football then lump it upfield when they close you down too tightly. When we regain possession ignore any chance of a quick break or catching them out of position, just keep the ball for 5 or so passes, let them get organised and then play a loose pass.

Got that; good, let's go out and lose the game them.

Job done.

Yeah I saw him tell Krul to f*** off you Dutch c***.

Bellamy's an irritating little cock end, got the kind of face you would never get tired of punching.