Liverpool 3 - 1 Newcastle United - 12/30/11 - Post-match reaction from page 43

Beren

No way that Coloccini will get a retrospective ban, worried about Cabaye though.

Was right under the referee's nose and i think the reason he got away with it was because of how wild and hard Spearing flew in.

i thought retrospective bans only happened if the ref said he didn't see the incident?

Guest bimpy474

I've never seen a retrospective ban given for a tackle and don't expect to see it happen here. Don't worry about it.

You have.......just think about, it happened to one of our players last season.

Guest bimpy474

I can only think of Williamson and Barton, neither of which were tackles?

It was Williamson i was thinking of, admittedly it was more of a body check which the FA decided was a headbutt type challenge hence the 3 game ban, i remember Essien get a retrospective ban in the Champions League a few years back for a bad tackle, i recall one in the prem but just cant remember it.

Guest bimpy474

I think you can only be banned for violent conduct afterwards. A bad tackle is classed as serious foul play.

Aye, the Essien one was a tackle and he got a 3 game ban but that was UEFA not our FA though.

"I wanted somebody to take somebody on and be a bit more constructive"

:mackems:

He's an absolute joke.

You've got to love Wullie. Scrutinising a conversation with Lee Ryder.

Wow, Ronaldo taking irrelevant point-scoring right into 2012.  Pardew said what he said no matter who he was talking to you dafty.  And I suspect HBA's absence from the side is what Wullie's getting at, no idea how the journalist he was talking to makes any difference at all.

Does it matter at all what they say to journalists? They get asked ridiculous, repetitive, soundbite-thirsty questions and usually give the first or second answer that comes to mind.

We've had managers that've called Nicky Butt a 'fabulous player' and Jenas 'the best midfielder of his age in Europe' in the local filth. None of it matters, man. It's meaningless garbage. They get interviewed just about every day and are bound to occasionally come out with some incoherent and completely incorrect nonsense.

It only matter when Pardew says it, of course.

Yeah, in truth there was always the odd thing Robson or Keegan came out with that I thought was pure bollocks and didn't agree with.  That will always happen.

By contrast at least a third of all the shite I'm reading or hearing coming from Pardew at the minute sounds like pure lying bullshit / doesn't make any sense / is just wrong.

Depends what filter you're talking about, N-O poster motives or local paper motives?

Doesn't matter anyway, they're quotes and you know for a fact that the the club would be quick to sue / ban the relevant publication from the ground if the quotes were misleading or inaccurate.

If you're trying to say that the press are publishing more of the bollocks than sense that comes out of Pardew's mouth then you're a bigger fan of a conspiracy theory than I am and the club aren't doing as good a propaganda job as they'd like to think they are.  Banning local journalists from the ground clearly won't work as those pesky buggers will keep finding ways to discretely discredit the regime.

Pardew fills the media full of shit to keep them on his side, as long as they get column inches they couldn't give a shit what they print.

So does every manager bar Ferguson.

I reckon Pardew talks way too much but he is by no means the worst offender for this.

Depends what filter you're talking about, N-O poster motives or local paper motives?

Doesn't matter anyway, they're quotes and you know for a fact that the the club would be quick to sue / ban the relevant publication from the ground if the quotes were misleading or inaccurate.

If you're trying to say that the press are publishing more of the bollocks than sense that comes out of Pardew's mouth then you're a bigger fan of a conspiracy theory than I am and the club aren't doing as good a propaganda job as they'd like to think they are.  Banning local journalists from the ground clearly won't work as those pesky buggers will keep finding ways to discretely discredit the regime.

Completely and utterly misunderstood what I was trying to say. The quotes are posted on N-O for a reason - they're either unusual or they serve an agenda. They don't really represent an accurate cross-section of his media quotes.

Anyone got any idea why all the media are determined that our goal was an Agger og? Thought the rule was if it was going in anyway the last player on the scoring team got the credit? Got to be R Taylor, Cabaye or Ba then, surely?

This s*** only bothers me because I still hold a grudge about Shearer's 24th of the season 10 years ago being given as a Wes Brown og and Thierry Henry being given a Stuart Ripley og when his original shot was heading for the corner flag and ending up undeserved top scorer that season as a result.  :rant:

I know, I should let it go, right? I will, just as soon as everyone admits it and changes the record books.

Anyone got any idea why all the media are determined that our goal was an Agger og? Thought the rule was if it was going in anyway the last player on the scoring team got the credit? Got to be R Taylor, Cabaye or Ba then, surely?

This s*** only bothers me because I still hold a grudge about Shearer's 24th of the season 10 years ago being given as a Wes Brown og and Thierry Henry being given a Stuart Ripley og when his original shot was heading for the corner flag and ending up undeserved top scorer that season as a result.  :rant:

I know, I should let it go, right? I will, just as soon as everyone admits it and changes the record books.

No idea, i had £10 on Cabaye first goal at 22/1 so im pretty pissed off! Have a look at Van Der Vaarts goal yesterday, he gets credited with it even though it had a huge deflection off the defender

The last time I remember putting someone on the line, I can remember, for a freekick was against Man Utd and that also resulted in a goal, albeit a fortunate one. We should have scrapped it after that

Only the BBC giving it as an Agger OG isn't it? Although Redknapp said it came off Agger he gave it to Cabaye.

Guest neesy111

The last time I remember putting someone on the line, I can remember, for a freekick was against Man Utd and that also resulted in a goal, albeit a fortunate one. We should have scrapped it after that

Bolton did a free-kick at a similar distance but we didn't put anyone on the line and Krul did a comfortable save.