Liverpool 3 - 1 Newcastle United - 12/30/11 - Post-match reaction from page 43

Beren

I think Gerrard won them the game. We were - somehow - starting to boss it when he came on. Even though we struggled to create chances, Ben Arfa for Vuckic and no Gerrard; we would have had them.

Anyway, no real surprise that our full backs are s*** is it? The two of them and Obertan today were f***ing woeful. We need replacements. Also, Jonas needs a rest. I'd seriously start someone else there against Man United, he does not provide cover nor does he threaten the box or anything right now.

Impressed with Cheik, Colo and Williamson today.

aye, gerrard was bloody good tbf to him

Granted he was good, I'm not disputing that, he is a quality player, always has been. We did however give him as much space as he wanted, Tiote and Cabaye should have been all over him as soon as he came on. Instead we never got closer than five yards to him and suprisingly in the time and space we gave him he did what he is most famous for.

Is it really brain science? He isnt going to skin many players for pace, why the hell did he have the fucking key to the city of Newcastle?

From his and Liverpools perspective he was fantastic, we have to be sitting there asking ourselves why we let that happen, he never created his own space.

Over all not really a good performance but I thought if it wasn't for the referee's help Liverpool just weren't going to win the game. In the 2nd half before the free kick that should never have been given they just couldn't even touch the ball. Every challenge regardless of whether contact was made or not was just given as a foul against us. After they took the lead I didn't take too kindly to their play acting, diving and staying down pretending to be injured etc.

Stay fucking classy Liverpool.

Krul 6 - Not at fault for any of the goals, but probably needs to boss his defenders a bit more.

Simpson 3 - Typical performance. Doesn't really want the ball in attack. Content to just try to keep goalside in defence.

Williamson 7 - Did well against a tough opponent.

Coloccini 7 - Good reading of the game as per.

Taylor 4 - Still looks a limited player.

Obertan 3 - Occasional good moment, but as usual, lacked aggression.

Tiote 6 - Got involved a lot. I just think he hangs on to the ball too long sometimes.

Cabaye 6 - Looked comfortable on the ball, but didn't have much chance to create things.

Jonas 4 - Struggled. When the opposition closes him down quick and early, he finds it difficult.

Ba 7 - For effort and what could have been a brilliant goal.

Vuckic 5 - Wasn't in the right role.

Ben Arfa 5 - Tried to get involved but came on as the game was slipping away from us.

Santon 7 - Adds a different dimension to the attack. Really ought to start.

Sammi - Too late to make an impact, especially when the game was already lost.

Agree with all that.

Over all not really a good performance but I thought if it wasn't for the referee's help Liverpool just weren't going to win the game. In the 2nd half before the free kick that should never have been given they just couldn't even touch the ball. Every challenge regardless of whether contact was made or not was just given as a foul against us. After they took the lead I didn't take too kindly to their play acting, diving and staying down pretending to be injured etc.

Stay f***ing classy Liverpool.

i agree until that point when we conceded the second,  we were playing some canny stuff,  we actually kept the ball and passed it very well,  way way better than the last four games when we just blasted it upfield.  infact pardew deserve some credit for changing things tonight but vuckic?  hmmm my lord he was poor.

I think Gerrard won them the game. We were - somehow - starting to boss it when he came on. Even though we struggled to create chances, Ben Arfa for Vuckic and no Gerrard; we would have had them.

Anyway, no real surprise that our full backs are s*** is it? The two of them and Obertan today were f***ing woeful. We need replacements. Also, Jonas needs a rest. I'd seriously start someone else there against Man United, he does not provide cover nor does he threaten the box or anything right now.

Impressed with Cheik, Colo and Williamson today.

aye, gerrard was bloody good tbf to him

Granted he was good, I'm not disputing that, he is a quality player, always has been. We did however give him as much space as he wanted, Tiote and Cabaye should have been all over him as soon as he came on. Instead we never got closer than five yards to him and suprisingly in the time and space we gave him he did what he is most famous for.

Is it really brain science? He isnt going to skin many players for pace, why the hell did he have the fucking key to the city of Newcastle?

From his and Liverpools perspective he was fantastic, we have to be sitting there asking ourselves why we let that happen, he never created his own space.

You have hit the nail on the head there, it wasn't a case of Gerrard being good it was a case of us just not marking him. Sorry to say this but for the last 2 seasons Gerrard has been pushing being a decent player. Back in his day he was pretty much unplayable against, now though if you put up any sort of fight against him he won't win.

I don't think we play that bad, we defended well and made a few good moves, we just didn't get the rub of the green today. It was an average teams performance, not looking forward to Man Utd.

Typical shite performance at Anfield. It's embarrassing how easy we turn up and bottle it there. Worst performance of the season IMO by a long shot. Pretty much nobody comes away from that with any credit.

Typical shite performance at Anfield. It's embarrassing how easy we turn up and bottle it there. Worst performance of the season IMO by a long shot. Pretty much nobody comes away from that with any credit.

Demba BA?

One decent shot doesn't make a game. Probably the best of a bad bunch mind.

Didn't think we were that bad tbh. We were even for a while, although once the third went in they seemed to give up. What annoyed me more was Sky's coverage. Cole and Redknapp lowered my IQ, the Gerrard love-in was sickening (man of the match? what the hell...), they said Carroll did "everything but score" when he was hilariously bad, they tried to make Colo a villain, they thought Cabaye should've seen red when Spearing's tackle was gonna be horrific and they kept showing the slo-mo of Dalglish and Gerrard smiling which made me homicidal! But our performace was ok.

Krul 6 - Not at fault for any of the goals, but probably needs to boss his defenders a bit more.

Simpson 3 - Typical performance. Doesn't really want the ball in attack. Content to just try to keep goalside in defence.

Williamson 7 - Did well against a tough opponent.

Coloccini 7 - Good reading of the game as per.

Taylor 4 - Still looks a limited player.

Obertan 3 - Occasional good moment, but as usual, lacked aggression.Tiote 6 - Got involved a lot. I just think he hangs on to the ball too long sometimes.

Cabaye 6 - Looked comfortable on the ball, but didn't have much chance to create things.

Jonas 4 - Struggled. When the opposition closes him down quick and early, he finds it difficult.

Ba 7 - For effort and what could have been a brilliant goal.

Vuckic 5 - Wasn't in the right role.

Ben Arfa 5 - Tried to get involved but came on as the game was slipping away from us.

Santon 7 - Adds a different dimension to the attack. Really ought to start.

Sammi - Too late to make an impact, especially when the game was already lost.

Agree with all that.

We need some Ruthless Aggression!

http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq12/zenassassins/bloggin/Vince-McMahon-WWE-Superstar-5.jpg

Now I've calmed down, my analysis:

It was an awful first 20 minutes or so. It opened up when we scored, but then we seemed to shit ourselves at the prospect of Liverpool attacking us and were all over the place. They scored and continued to turn the screw a bit.

They capitalised and carried it into the second half, got the second and it seemed to settle us and we actually got a bit of passing and nearly scored a goal, but for a great clearance from the defender.

Bringing Gerrard on killed us off and Liverpool hit cruise control. Really poor defending for all three goals.