Newcastle United 3 - 0 Man Utd - 04/01/12 - Post-match reaction from page 43

Mike

I don't remember Taylor making one chance.

Glad the article was well received, as I wrote it :D

As for Taylor creating chances - 2 were from open play, 1 from a corner.

18th min - Attempt blocked. Yohan Cabaye (Newcastle United) right footed shot from outside the box is blocked. Assisted by Ryan Taylor.

55th min - Attempt missed. Michael Williamson (Newcastle United) header from very close range is too high. Assisted by Ryan Taylor with a cross following a corner.

72nd min - Attempt missed. Demba Ba (Newcastle United) header from the centre of the box misses to the left. Assisted by Ryan Taylor with a cross.

And of course his direct free kick that went just over in the first half.

18th min - Attempt blocked. Yohan Cabaye (Newcastle United) right footed shot from outside the box is blocked. Assisted by Ryan Taylor.

55th min - Attempt missed. Michael Williamson (Newcastle United) header from very close range is too high. Assisted by Ryan Taylor with a cross following a corner.

72nd min - Attempt missed. Demba Ba (Newcastle United) header from the centre of the box misses to the left. Assisted by Ryan Taylor with a cross.

Does this mean it's you who is responsible for using bitmap images on a website?

Does this mean it's you who is responsible for using bitmap images on a website?

I am.  Is that bad?  I tried converting to them to .jpg but the diagrams didn't look as clear.

I am.  Is that bad?  I tried converting to them to .jpg but the diagrams didn't look as clear.

Try PNG or GIF for diagrams/text images, JPG is good for photos. :thup:

Try PNG or GIF for diagrams/text images, JPG is good for photos. :thup:

:thup: Thanks for that.

ZonalMarking's piece on the game: http://www.zonalmarking.net/2012/01/05/newcastle-united-tactics/

Oh man, I really really wish I was there at the match. The atmosphere sounded exceptional. What i liked most was that we didn't win via smash and grab - we completely annihilated them from start to finish. I doubt i'll ever see us play better than that, it was near perfection. I've even used the Chronicle front cover as a poster on my wall ;D

Don't care if it makes us sound 'small time' - I really hope the club releases this as a DVD.

And here it is:

https://shop.nufc.co.uk/cgi-bin/live/ecommerce.pl?site=theclubshop_nufc&state=item&dept_id=50&sub_dept_id=10&product_id=301069

I'm guessing it is just me then that thinks this is all a bit cringeworthy and 'small time' as it's been put?

Depends. I think it's pretty pathetic for this one off game, but they release quite a lot of them don't they?

Not sure, think they released Villa 6-0, but for the first game back in the prem and that hammering, think it was justified, then i actually bough 5-1 against mackems for good viewing. However i think this 3-0 DVD is absolutely ludicrous lol a poor Man Utd side that were truely awful, not a chance after chance and goals galore game just a very very sweet victory that has been a long time coming over Man Utd. DVD worthy? Not for me.

SSN Goal of the week:

3- Cabaye, 18%

2- Ba, 25%

1- Howard, 35%

:lol: Fucking ridiculous, that.

On the subject of whether the match was 'DVD-worthy', I do think it's cringeworthy n'all but the club won't sell owt they don't think they'll make some money on at the end of the day, i.e. people will most likely buy it.

SSN Goal of the week:

3- Cabaye, 18%

2- Ba, 25%

1- Howard, 35%

:lol: f***ing ridiculous, that.

On the subject of whether the match was 'DVD-worthy', I do think it's cringeworthy n'all but the club won't sell owt they don't think they'll make some money on at the end of the day, i.e. people will most likely buy it.

fully agree...if it doesnt sell, it doesnt sell, but anything to make money like. Id have rather seen a "best wins against united" like ive seen in the club shop for liverpool, with this featured but meh, who cares at the end of the day. 99% of items on sale at the club shops are s****, we are no different like!

Guest Heneage

I'm pretty sure you can get DVD's of every game through the clubs anyway, but I know what folk mean about it being cringeworthy. Far better to release a boxset at the end of the season something like top five performances.

I'm pretty sure you can get DVD's of every game through the clubs anyway, but I know what folk mean about it being cringeworthy. Far better to release a boxset at the end of the season something like top five performances.

Or a box set of every single match.

Guest WashyGeordie

SSN Goal of the week:

3- Cabaye, 18%

2- Ba, 25%

1- Howard, 35%

:lol: f***ing ridiculous, that.

fully agree...if it doesnt sell, it doesnt sell, but anything to make money like. Id have rather seen a "best wins against united" like ive seen in the club shop for liverpool, with this featured but meh, who cares at the end of the day. 99% of items on sale at the club shops are s****, we are no different like!

There is a similar DVD...

http://cdn.priceprobe.net/i/8460074.41354e68eb6751bfa5.08175857

Got it for Xmas. :)

Loved this bit in the .com report

"In the press box reporting for a Belgian broadcaster was Philippe Albert, who tried unsuccessfully to control himself when Cabaye's free kick went in - leaping to his feet and punching the air before remembering where he was"

Loved this bit in the .com report

"In the press box reporting for a Belgian broadcaster was Philippe Albert, who tried unsuccessfully to control himself when Cabaye's free kick went in - leaping to his feet and punching the air before remembering where he was"

:lol: