Newcastle United 3 - 0 Man Utd - 04/01/12 - Post-match reaction from page 43

Mike

Just went onto Redcafe

The first goal was two yards offside. The second didn't even cross the line but everyone decided to overlook that. The third was the wind. We should've had a penalty when Berbatov's header was handballed onto the post. I make it 1-1. Probably 2-0 to us if West Ham had been rightfully relegated a couple of years back instead of Sheffield United, then Ba wouldn't have ended up at Newcastle and we would've controlled the game.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Some people really do only see what they want to see

:lol: :lol: :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/WEGVp.gif

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

lol loving that strawberry syrup avatar. who the f*** was it we played today?  some serie b team on holiday to see the pope, innit.

[glow=red,2,300]INNIT?[/glow]

Just wanted to bump from pre match thread before I go to sleep. It feels good. Really good.

Football / Re: Newcastle United vs Man Utd - 04/01/12 @ 8pm (live on Sky) pre-match thread

« Message by Benwell Lad on Yesterday at 08:59:54 PM »

OK I'm gonna buck the pessimism trend.

If we put in a ballsy performance and the crowd get the place rocking we'll get something tonight.

Just went onto Redcafe

The first goal was two yards offside. The second didn't even cross the line but everyone decided to overlook that. The third was the wind. We should've had a penalty when Berbatov's header was handballed onto the post. I make it 1-1. Probably 2-0 to us if West Ham had been rightfully relegated a couple of years back instead of Sheffield United, then Ba wouldn't have ended up at Newcastle and we would've controlled the game.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Some people really do only see what they want to see

:lol: :lol: :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/WEGVp.gif

Well played ;D

:tongue: I deserve that! Today gone to my head

Our determination to win back the ball everywhere on the pitch whenever we got it was the outstanding, better than we've ever managed before imo, and Tiote is going to be a horrible loss for this, but if we can raise our game like this in the big games we'll be fine. We did not let them get flow going.

:tongue: I deserve that! Today gone to my head

Our determination to win back the ball everywhere on the pitch whenever we got it was the outstanding, better than we've ever managed before imo, and Tiote is going to be a horrible loss for this, but if we can raise our game like this in the big games we'll be fine. We did not let them get flow going.

it wasn't just a determination but a plan. too often in the past we go either flying out at the better teams just chasing after the ball, really like a non league club on 3rd round day, or sit back and try to hold out for 90, today we got it right.

Yeah I agree it was the plan, and we should be able to do it more in every game, though realise need a very fit squad. We can play better more patient footy against poorer team, because a team can put everyone behind the ball and shrug off the hoofs to the big men, but we should always be working like that to get possession back.

Fergies actually rather humble in defeat for once

He often has a lot of respect for us, to be fair to him.

aye

“They scored a fantastic goal and it really pepped everyone up in the stadium, their supporters get up, they get aggressive against us and made it difficult against us,” Ferguson added.

“It was a marvellous volley and the second one just after half time was a killer for us. Marvellous strike from the free-kick.

“But we didn't make enough of our possession with the ball anyway.

“The story of the game was they had two fantastic strikes that put them in the driving seat, they weren't going to lose it. They were really determined and made sure they didn't lose it.”

In a way man united's style of play helped us today. The way we were defending it was going to be very hard to play their way through us and they didn't really have a plan b where they could just hoof it long to a big guy. Once they took off Rooney i actually relaxed alittle because they just didnt look like breaking us down. Glad we found that defensive steel again because the way it had been going since Taylor had got injured i feared we would never been as defensively sound again this season.

Oh and nice to see the return of the goal line clearances. I know it's the last line of defence but we seemed to have one pretty much every game we won at the start of the season and it's a kind of "we shall not be beaten type mentality"

Reading the threadof the Man Utd fans reaction, fair play to them honestly.. have to admit out of the "top 4" teams i like them much more than the other 3, would rather have them win another league title than City.

of the likely candidates i'd much rather they won the league.......anyone bar citeh, chelsea or the mackems really.

Poor wee cnut........... >:D

http://i.imgur.com/OoFre.jpg

Saw that when watching the highlights before. Genuinely sickening that someone could take a kid to the match dressed like that.

Saw that when watching the highlights before. Genuinely sickening that someone could take a kid to the match dressed like that.

oh come on thats a bit ott, he'll just grow up with with an empty feeling, all those hollow soulless victories  :hmm:

Well the kid will probably have seen the light now.........

Nah, he'll be the one having a go at future generations of glory hunters: "Where were you when we got stuffed at Newcastle?! Darkest time to be a ManU fan that was".

Well the kid will probably have seen the light now.........

Nah, he'll be the one having a go at future generations of glory hunters: "Where were you when we got stuffed at Newcastle?! Darkest time to be a ManU fan that was".

he'll have a point ye knaa.