Newcastle 2 - 1 Blackburn (FA Cup) - 07/01/12 - Post-match reaction from page 37

Dave

Just got back from the game, an enjoyable victory although we made it very difficult for ourselves against what seemed to be a pub-side in Blackburn kits, Ben Arfa's goal was fucking magnificent, such a great great player we have here. Santon was great and he got forward a lot, could work on his delivery though, Cabaye was playing his heart out and when we were down he was our best player, Jonas ran at them all day long and deserved his goal. Best and Shola were not great but at least they did give their kids something to worry about..

One thing that needs to be said, Obertan should not be playing football for a living, he should be flipping burgers in some obscure restaurant. Pardew's changes were spot on to be fair to him.

2 goals in 23 games. I suppose that's an improvement.

Well done, lads!

To be fair a lot of people would agree with that with his recent performances, just timed the comment really badly :lol:

He turned the corner a couple of games ago from his bad form.

Obviously I didn't see the game today, but he's been bloody awful since October. You and your ludicrous love for him.

So to sum up, everyone in the world bar Pardew (until maybe now *fucking please*) sees that Obertan should not be playing at this level, let alone start every game like he's deserved it. And everyone in the world can also see that Ben Arfa indeed can play as a winger. Who would've known? lol

Well done, lads!

To be fair a lot of people would agree with that with his recent performances, just timed the comment really badly :lol:

Obviously I didn't see the game today, but he's been bloody awful since October. You and your ludicrous love for him.

Yet felt confident enough to call him fucking useless today. Can't take you seriously. You make as many good posts as Obertan has good games.

I said Jonas was in bad form. He has played better the last 2 games (haven't seen this one, but sounds like he has continued it). Not his best form but not Obertan-bad, as has been suggested. Our best creative player for the best part of 2011, of course I'm not writing him off after a bad patch.

Well done, lads!

he was our worst player against Man U imo

We're in trouble without a striker, like. Hope today encourages them, but it won't.

we've scored 2 today and created chances.  I'd be more concerned if we weren't creating cos where Ba might score with his only chance, the likes of Best and Shola probably need 3 chances to get one goal.

Pardew says Best is the best finisher at the club. :undecided:

:sad:

He never leaves a morsel on his plate.

Well done, lads!

Him and Ameobi stood out.

Well done, lads!

Yet felt confident enough to call him f***ing useless today. Can't take you seriously. You make as many good posts as Obertan has good games.

What does that have to do with it? I appreciate his defensive efforts but he's just not been doing his job for a long time now.

Guest pintofscottsellers

Is this the first time we came from behind at half time to win a game since 2006 when we beat reading 3:2?

Spurs 4-1 under Keegan IIRC.

Am sure Nicky Butt equalized right on the stroke of half time in that game

Well done, lads!

Him and Ameobi stood out.

This, basically.

Well done, lads!

Yet felt confident enough to call him f***ing useless today. Can't take you seriously. You make as many good posts as Obertan has good games.

What does that have to do with it? I appreciate his defensive efforts but he's just not been doing his job for a long time now.

Erm, because it means you're not assessing his performances objectively? You're really not the brightest, huh.

Just got back from the game, an enjoyable victory although we made it very difficult for ourselves against what seemed to be a pub-side in Blackburn kits, Ben Arfa's goal was fucking magnificent, such a great great player we have here. Santon was great and he got forward a lot, could work on his delivery though, Cabaye was playing his heart out and when we were down he was our best player, Jonas ran at them all day long and deserved his goal. Best and Shola were not great but at least they did give their kids something to worry about..

One thing that needs to be said, Obertan should not be playing football for a living, he should be flipping burgers in some obscure restaurant. Pardew's changes were spot on to be fair to him.

Middlesbrough will be putting bids in for them 2 then.

Is, and could be a very very good day in many ways for the future (could) Obertan started and was shit as usual, but the best was that Pardew took him off early for once and put Le Solo King Arthuoir on the wing and he produced some magic there. Lovely result, lovely saturday.

Well done, lads!

He was in the bottom three, but don't think anyone had an outright bad game against them.

f*** you Ronaldo!

I thought he was brilliant today. ALL GAME. And even when he's not, his workrate makes him invaluable. Blackburn were sh............g themselves the whole second half with Santon and Jonas combining. Shame the same can't be said of the other flank. Not that Obertan deserves the dog's abuse he got today. Raylor looked world-class when he came on, in comparison with who he replaced.........

Well done, lads!

Erm, because it means you're not assessing his performances objectively? You're really not the brightest, huh.

The fact I didn't see his performance today has absolutely no relevance to anything I've said. That should be obvious, but I think you used ignorance as an excuse to slip another personal insult in there. Cheers. O0

Guest MrSundlofer

Well done, lads!

:lol: You just timed the comment really badly and now you are turning everything to your advantage? Relax man. People are not laughing at you but at your comment.

Fuck off with the abbreviations Mike. :lol:

:lol: I get shit for not putting entire team names in.

I get shit for leaving them in and abbreviating other shit.

Fucking god damn.

PMR ffs. :huff: :lol:

:lol: Everyone knew what it meant. Guaranteed.