Newcastle 2 - 1 Blackburn (FA Cup) - 07/01/12 - Post-match reaction from page 37

Dave

having listened to the abject commentary on radio tyneside, i couldn't help wondering who on earth i was listening to spouting such inconsequential guff. i happened upon the meet the team page on their website, and was impressed to find myself confronted with some of the ugliest, fucked up and mad heads ever seen outside an obertan family reunion.

Loads better than the Radio Newcastle team IMO.

Guest neesy111

having listened to the abject commentary on radio tyneside, i couldn't help wondering who on earth i was listening to spouting such inconsequential guff. i happened upon the meet the team page on their website, and was impressed to find myself confronted with some of the ugliest, fucked up and mad heads ever seen outside an obertan family reunion.

Loads better than the Radio Newcastle team IMO.

Pretty hard for anyone to be uglier than this guy...

http://www.nufc.co.uk/javaImages/b1/d4/0,,10278~9032881,00.jpg

having listened to the abject commentary on radio tyneside, i couldn't help wondering who on earth i was listening to spouting such inconsequential guff. i happened upon the meet the team page on their website, and was impressed to find myself confronted with some of the ugliest, f***ed up and mad heads ever seen outside an obertan family reunion.

I recommend everyone to this link.

My ratings :

Krul 5 - Didn't have much too do but he looked at fault for their first goal and dropped a cross on another occasion

Simpson 6 (Raylor 6)

Colo 7

Williamson 7 - dominant in the air and unlucky not to score went it hit the crossbar

Santon 7 - Good in attack and linked well with Jonas

Obertan 4 - Very poor (Shola 6 )

Cabaye 7

Abeid 6 - Worked hard and done the simple things right, had the worse shot I've saw this season mind :lol:

Jonas 7 - A lot better than of late, had some very decent shots

HBA- 8 - Quiet first half but was great on the wing, so creative

Best 6 - Was ineffective up front by himself, came into it more when Shola came one

We dominated really, they were very poor but their defence was pretty solid.

having listened to the abject commentary on radio tyneside, i couldn't help wondering who on earth i was listening to spouting such inconsequential guff. i happened upon the meet the team page on their website, and was impressed to find myself confronted with some of the ugliest, f***ed up and mad heads ever seen outside an obertan family reunion.

Gary Hogg. :lol:

'It was really really good experience.  I hoped to do very well, it was my first game, I hope to be better with time'.

'It was fantastique, I think 30,000 people today, when they shout it was good.'

'He [Pardew] said to me before the game to stay and keep the ball, I tried to do it, I think I was a little bit back.  I need to play more forward.  It was my first game, I was a little bit nervous.  I hope to do better with time'

'Its easy to play with him [Cabaye]'

'We attack all the second half, we played very well and it was good to win today'

- Abeid to Lowes.

Shola's effort when through on goal :mackems:

I wouldn't be laughing if we'd ended up with a replay like.

Holy shit, that was bad, he had about 4 seconds to shoot and it went miles over. Cabaye had a poor shot in the first half too when Ben Arfa put him clean through.

Gary Hogg. :lol:

Paul Laverick and Steve Emerson.

The fuck is radio Tyneside?

Anyway, just got in. I fucking love the FA cup. Blackburn are shit. Like really, really shit. They went 1-0 up and Kean decided to play a back 10.

Ben Arfa was amazing on the wing, probably the best individual goal I've seen at SJP. Obertan was turboshit and if he is still picked over HBA after today there's some big problems. Thing is, Wullie nailed it a few weeks ago when he said nothing other than 4-4-2 has ever worked for Newcastle. It's definitely the case, although I wouldn't rule out HBA off Shola. Best was pretty poor and playing that role today but he did brilliantly for the winning goal so credit where credit is due.

Jonas looked back to his old self, him and Santon worked brilliantly together. The composure for his finish is amazing, the deftest of touches to lift it over Bunn (who is an annoying fucker). The back four were relatively untroubled, Coloccini didn't put a foot wrong, Williamson got booked and made a few rash decisions in the first half but was imperious second half, and was unlucky not to score. Ryan Taylor was useful when he came on too, as we all know he offers more going forward than Simpson. To be fair to Simpson, he had to play right back and right wing for much of the first half as Obertan stood infield on halfway doing nothing.

Shola gave us a lift when he came on and the ball stuck with him far more than it did with Best, unfortunately Shola's finishing leaves a lot to be desired on his left foot inparticular.

Cabaye was excellent, spreading the ball around and really driving the team forward. With Abeid happy to sit and do the simple things it really freed Cabaye up, particularly with Blackburn being camped on their own 18 yard line. Noticeably we played the ball on the deck pretty much the whole time, which benefited Cabaye more than anyone. Gosling came on and gave the ball away, needs a run of games at reserve level to sort himself out.

Blackburn made some heroic blocks and were basically all hands to the pump defensively, but they couldn't hold out forever. Ben Arfa must have beaten four maybe five of them for the goal, he's so quick running with the ball it's like he's gliding. Anyway, in the hat for round 4 and hopefully somebody even shitter can make the trip to SJP.

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/9682/86232688.png

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/9682/86232688.png

:mike: