Newcastle 2 - 1 Blackburn (FA Cup) - 07/01/12 - Post-match reaction from page 37

Dave

Just got in from footy so missed all of this. How did we play?

Hard to say for definite, wasn't on telly anywhere. But from the off it sounds like we had a lot of possession and created tons of chances. Hit the bar, at least two cleared off the line and 13 corners. Their goal was against the run of play so a win - though fortunate the way it came right at the end - sounds like a fair result.

Cheers :thup: Good to hear that we were the better side, and battled back from a goal down like.

Guest neesy111

Glad to get these fuckers back after the farce in the League Cup game.  1st time we've won in the 3rd round (without replay) since 2006.

as much as i'd rather be in me seat watching, or watching on telly...and as much as i complain about having to listen to it on the radio....it gets the emotions going that bit more, at one point them commentators made it sound exciting when williamson passed to colo in our own half :lol:

We're in trouble without a striker, like. Hope today encourages them, but it won't.

we've scored 2 today and created chances.  I'd be more concerned if we weren't creating cos where Ba might score with his only chance, the likes of Best and Shola probably need 3 chances to get one goal.

Pardew says Best is the best finisher at the club. :undecided:

We're in trouble without a striker, like. Hope today encourages them, but it won't.

Jonas and Ben Arfa swapping wings will create chances for them though, I think Jonas could do it from the right. Pardew just needs to swallow his pride and make it happen.

Shola and Best up front is no good, though. It was plain to see against QPR.

We need a striker so badly it's ludicrous.

I agree, just trying to look for the best case scenario with what we've got. We haven't carried a significant threat from out wide all season, add that and Best/Shola might be able to find more space in the middle.

What time are these highlights by the way?

10:45. Expect our highlights to be taken on a handheld camera and amounting to no more than 2 minutes of footage, with no replays of goals (seriously, it's ITV ffs).

i wouldn't be suprised if that happens,  for all we were an all premiership game its FA cup 3rd round day and they will focus on the games that had the potential upsets so expect us to be on near the back after the likes of Macclesfield V Bolton, MKDons v QPR etc

What time are these highlights by the way?

10:45. Expect our highlights to be taken on a handheld camera and amounting to no more than 2 minutes of footage, with no replays of goals (seriously, it's ITV ffs).

I know man it's the downside of the Fa cup. Absolutely no tv coverage and the highlights are always crap. Shame as well as it sounds like the first game where Ben Arfa was back to his old self so would have liked to of seen his whole performance aswell as this goal. Ah well guess i need to earn abit more money and travel up to see more games :D

we've scored 2 today and created chances.  I'd be more concerned if we weren't creating cos where Ba might score with his only chance, the likes of Best and Shola probably need 3 chances to get one goal.

Pardew says Best is the best finisher at the club. :undecided:

:sad:

Hard to say for definite, wasn't on telly anywhere. But from the off it sounds like we had a lot of possession and created tons of chances. Hit the bar, at least two cleared off the line and 13 corners. Their goal was against the run of play so a win - though fortunate the way it came right at the end - sounds like a fair result.

:thup: :thup: You just forgot to mention that it's sounded like Ben Arfa's goal was something special :)

Ben Arfa and Jonas...maybe? :p

Sorry for being Stueaque but the gloom at the start of this match was a tad irritating.

Still, joking aside...it's clear we need a striker but we have since last January at the least.

Amazing :lol: you're right, the doom and gloom was ridiculous with over an hour left, sometimes wonder why people bother typing out so much negativity ???

Ben Arfa has got everyone online :smug:

stoli, beatty, Ronaldo, Unbelievable!, Dave, chicago_shearer, Incognito, Stottie, LionOfGosforth, Gallowgate Toon, tom1988, nufchk, mkdisciple, Geordie Boot Boy, Barnes23, Nate, Spudil, weeman, loki679, jarrovianmag, IceMag, worthy, POOT, geordiejacob, koven, JH, Amir_9, Dinho lad, Exiled in Texas, Crack Head, SEMTEX, Skelly, Dr Venkman, QBG, Chris Babalooba, Optomystyc Knight, jdm0301, Super Duper Branko Strupar, Mike, mouldy_uk, WarrenBartonCentrePartin, Robbo, PENKAAA, thorin, Dell Boi, Dan Gleebals, gbandit, Ste, Otter, Turnbull2000, Lucifer, ben-nufc, Smal, PauloGeordio, Mag in Aberdeen, GoranBadlund, Jimmy, Tachikoma, lQmmel, Spook, chrismet5, Mr Logic, eliassenfredrik, pi_D, grumpyoldman, OCK, Nexumaster, captainhaircut, Luque20, stalker, Marko NUFC, tsah, RichyRich15, Dan, ricster2000, alexf, AuFoX, YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE, ckprop, VaVaVoom, Telf, kingston_toon, summerof69, Foolmeister, duwy, Theregulars, Cajun, Wilson, ozzrahog, Nobody, timeEd32, johnnypd, cetus wall, A.C, sander68, MaskedMango, TaylorJ_01, Ikon, healthyaddiction, Conjo, corrigan91, micklow, pungen, SimplyAnth, rinaldo #18, cosmic, LFEE, palnese, BlueStar, Scribble, chip2388, Ritchie, Dyeyzzon, Gorilla, JUICE690, Dragon55544, loonytoon, bondedcrown, Paulander, Hellhammer, aussiemag, toontownman, fumiste, Roy the Irish Magpie, YankeeToon, cubaricho, Colo's Short and Curlies, thewellander, juniatmoko, Tiresias, ykmkmdd, TooonDoom, Peder75, NEEJ_Hunter, Chrisjraby, toonfanlondon, sturla, nufc4evr15, persy, GeordieNick, nemtizz, Jinky Jim, Frank_D, ATB, hakka, hbstormo, zicomartin, leffe186, charlesbarkley, Jayson, Magpie_May13, Norseman, elpapi, TimoB, SteDE, tunisia, pintofscottsellers, Timothy K, DeNiroMole, toonarmy, GideonShandy, Pip, Rothoman, bompi, AlanSkärare, munroecat, Geordinho, Mister_Glass, antz1uk, sportnet, Fried Chicken, trotheed, Bish, Michael, Kirkpatrick_1112, Kasper, Beef, Jazz@, [olly], lovejoy, IndonesianToon, Broadsword, Mugatu, LRD, kevin doyle, adam, HansDownerpantz, snailband, jezper, Willow, Simplejack, ItalianMagpie, NoU, Wil, magpies_rawk, Richo, Captain Underpants, merseamag, krybel, norwegianmagpie, Oneislate, Aphrodite, David28, lam, Weezertron, Ketsbaia, OoOGazOoO, powellnufc, bywater, Ayerso, swebat, awaymag, Madbeaver, iklgizmo, Matticus, k0ss, Teasy, NewJerseyMag, midds, SteveMc, ExiledGeordie, silph, Rey Mysterio, Skeletor, Northerngimp, donalbaink, d1le0n, ToonRob89, prestonj1989, Mag-ic, Menomena, Optimistic Nut, biggs, Razor, gonufc, samag, bimpy474, Dazza99, treemag, gazza ladra, wormy, ChezGiven, TRon, Numbers, Legacy, Nick69, Chief Piggum, cannybagoftudor, Shreddy Krueger, twickmag, EthiGeordie, thenige, clintdempsey, toon25, BeloEmre, derrymag, Cheik The Room, ED209, LesPaul, number09, kager, Han Colo, SweHenke, ploppy43, dover, henrique, azmundo, janu, danswan, pinkeye, papo, looneytoon84, ian, Steggy, PolskiMag, Norwegian-Geordie, Memphis, bealios, CFlan1984, Revolution Number 9, geordiedean, PhilippeAlbert, garth, Machera, Slarth, Bellars, loven Mag 11, ZeRoE, pata, Hhtoon, TherealnorthernTOON, stabmasterareson, AGB, furney89, Chase, TurboTrev, cambb, Allmo, Kanji86, jukeboxromeo, Waynebob, Beardsley, geordie01, BaconButty, Michael Foster, kirkwdavis2001, Begbie, Nasty Cheik, Dr. TC, Quailman, Mole_Toonfan, taps01, macphisto, South Tynedale Mag, Lotus, Brendan_Rice, KenDahlTomasson, Cabaye, The Enforcer, Ghandis Flip-Flop, Jill, ShearerWHC, Rebellious, Belfast Boy (+ 44 Hidden) and 309 Guests are viewing this board.

Hi everyone.

There's me. Hello me!

Guest neesy111

Is this the first time we came from behind at half time to win a game since 2006 when we beat reading 3:2?

Spurs 4-1 under Keegan IIRC.

Championship against Plymouth or Peterborough iirc.

Peterborough correct.  Doncaster at home springs to mind.

We conceded a very sloppy goal. Whilst we were always the better team, w looked lethargic and disinterested in the first half.

Obertan coming off transformed us. Ameobi was good, and Ben Arfa went from looking awful to terrorising them on the wing.

In the end, we had tons of chances and they had very few.

Deserved result. They started time wasting at 37 minutes.

:thup: :thup: You just forgot to mention that it's sounded like Ben Arfa's goal was something special :)

Ben Arfa and Jonas...maybe? :p

Sorry for being Stueaque but the gloom at the start of this match was a tad irritating.

Still, joking aside...it's clear we need a striker but we have since last January at the least.

Amazing :lol: you're right, the doom and gloom was ridiculous with over an hour left, sometimes wonder why people bother typing out so much negativity ???

I agree, the negativity was OTT. However I think there's a lot to be learned from today, get the wings working and we'll look much more of a threat.

We conceded a very sloppy goal. Whilst we were always the better team, w looked lethargic and disinterested in the first half.

Obertan coming off transformed us. Ameobi was good, and Ben Arfa went from looking awful to terrorising them on the wing.

Sounded good all match based on the radio.

Guest bimpy474

Too right but i bet Pards come out with other players stepping up to the mark to fill the void, when its plain to see we need another striker of quality.

Cheers. How did Best, Jonas and Abeid look?