Newcastle United vs. QPR - 15/01/12 @ 1.30pm (live on Sky) Pre-match.

Amir_9

I'd have Abeid in CM for this one tbh. If he plays like he did against Blackburn, then it would allow Cabaye to be more influential/involved with the play which can only benefit us.

Guest Chubby Jason

Krul

Raylor  Williamson  Coloccini  Santon

Ben Arfa    Cabaye    Vuckic    Jonas

Best        Ameobi

I agree with that apart from I'd have Smith upfront instead of Ameobi.

FYP.

Fair enough, but I think Smith would work well with Shola.

Why the hell some of you want to play one up front at home to QPR is beyond me.

it's only one up front if all the midfield stay 30yds or 40yds from their goal and make no runs, really theres no rerason why we shouldn't (and couldn't have for most of the season) had 4,5 or 6 up front when the time was right.

it's called movement and it should be pretty basic.

I'd have Abeid in CM for this one tbh. If he plays like he did against Blackburn, then it would allow Cabaye to be more influential/involved with the play which can only benefit us.

:thup:

Guest VaVaVoom

Wouldn't dream of having both Abeid and Vuckic in these side. They're both too raw. Really hoping Guthrie is fit.

Ideally Guthrie will be fit but if not i'd be happy with either Abeid or Gosling in this one. Vuckic maybe off the bench.

Wouldn't dream of having both Abeid and Vuckic in the same side. They're both too raw. Really hoping Guthrie is fit.

i would leave out vuckic, go 2 up top with abeid and cabaye

how did abeid play against blackburn? id like to see him given a chance, decent game for him too against weaker opposition. might be able to do a job covering for tiote whilst hes away

Surely he will opt for guthrie?

Guthrie only returned to training on Monday and may be on the bench.

Last monday though... I reckon he will be fine.

Eh? He was back in training today.

i interpreted the Sunday Sun as last monday... I could be wrong mind

i interpreted the Sunday Sun as last monday... I could be wrong mind

The story was in the Journal on Friday just gone, and they said 'With Danny Guthrie not due back in training until Monday...'.

Unsure whether I would play Abeid behind Cabaye like or go for the safer option and let Cabaye do the dog work for Vuckic. Although Abeid apparently played well against what will more than likely be a similar midfield in terms of quality.

EDIT: Probably a better midfield looking back.

Yohan Cabaye is expected to be fit for tomorrow’s FA Cup third-round tie with Blackburn Rovers, having limped off on Wednesday with an apparent hamstring strain.

With Danny Guthrie not due back in training until Monday, Mehdi Abeid and Haris Vuckic are in contention to partner him in midfield.

Read More http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2012/01/06/alan-pardew-fine-with-hatem-ben-arfa-interview-61634-30069290/#ixzz1j04V5Dib

Just took it from that.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I'd probably go for Vuckic, we need goal threats and I'd be happy with him and Ben Arfa getting advanced and having a pop.