Newcastle United vs. QPR - 15/01/12 @ 1.30pm (live on Sky) Pre-match.

Amir_9

Krul

Simpson  Williamson  Colo  Santon

Jonas      Cabaye    Abeid      Ben Arfa

Shola        Best

This.

No idea why people have Jonás Gutiérrez on the right wing and Hatem Ben Arfa on the left wing. Gutiérrez and Santon can keep building on their partnership on the left flank... and Ben Arfa had a good game and scored from the right wing against Blackburn.

1. we can't rely on Ben Arfa and Jonas to score every game

2. We need to make space for the two up front, we can do this by playing wingers on their natural sides, opening pitch up

3. We need to get crosses in for the two up front, our best chance of this is having the wingers on their natural sides

4. Santon's a better defender than Danny Simpson, Jonas can protect Simpson on the right.

I still have no idea why people have Jonás Gutiérrez on the right wing and Hatem Ben Arfa on the left wing.

We must play Jonás Gutiérrez on the right wing and Hatem Ben Arfa on the left wing because we can't rely on them to score every game?  :lol:

As far as I am aware, Jonás natural position is on the left wing. Just because a player is right footed he should play on the right wing? He's not a classic winger running down the flank and creating crosses to our strikers. And he has played in this position all season. His natural position is not on the right wing.

Davide Santon is a very attacking left back = will be supported by Jonás to cover for him when he makes forward runs and is out of position.

Danny Simpson is a very defensive right back = no need for Jonás to cover for him.

Hatem Ben Arfa will from his right wing position cut inside a lot. That's his style of play. You can't put him on the left wing and expect him to create crosses for our strikers all game long!

However, I agree we need to create crosses for our strikers (Ameobi, Best) but putting Ben Arfa on the left wing and Jonás on the right wing won't solve anything!

Have them swapping wings depending on what's working, everyone's a winner. Unfortunately I think Pardew's style is too rigid to do it.

Guest Chubby Jason

Think I'd rather play Gosling in CM.

To be honest we could probably play smith against this lot.

:thup: upfront with Shola.

When teams park the bus we struggle. The lack of penetration from the wide men is chiefly to blame for that.

I would expect him to play hatem on the right after the cup match, so surely that would help.

Krul

Simpson Colo Willi Santon

Obertan Cabaye Vuckic Jonas

Barfa

Best

That looks terrible tbh.

Colo always plays lcb.

When teams park the bus we struggle. The lack of penetration from the wide men is chiefly to blame for that.

absolutely, I think concentrating on getting them attacking and opening up space by keeping wide would help us, particularly against poor teams.

Ironically Christmas Tree used to harp on about it all the time  :lol:

Guest michaelfoster

absolutely, I think concentrating on getting them attacking and opening up space by keeping wide would help us, particularly against poor teams.

Ironically Christmas Tree used to harp on about it all the time  :lol:

You would think penetration would be Pardew's strong point, just ask Fonte's missus

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I would expect him to play hatem on the right after the cup match, so surely that would help.

I'd love to think the game has changed Pardew's views on it for now but I think he will still be concerned by his defensive shift and will go with Obertan. Probably an unchanged eleven, reckon we'll struggle to score. Frustrating game more than likely.

Simpson an injury doubt apparently.

This is the kind of game where we could probably afford to play Raylor on the right tbh, I'm not expecting much of an onslaught from Clint Hill and Jamie Mackie if that's who they will be playing. With Benny running at them instead of Obertan they should be pinned back for the full 90 anyway.

Clint Hill and Jamie Mackie?  :lol:

Sod the negative talk thinking its going to be tough just because players usually try harder when thier is a change of manager......

Not even Mourinho or Guardiola could do anything with them  :lol:

Comfortable win.