Newcastle United vs. QPR - 15/01/12 @ 1.30pm (live on Sky) Pre-match.

Amir_9

how did abeid play against blackburn? id like to see him given a chance, decent game for him too against weaker opposition. might be able to do a job covering for tiote whilst hes away

I thought he did well. Decent passing, some good strength/hold up play in the middle. The simple stuff really which allowed Cabaye to push up and thus be more influential in the centre.

how did abeid play against blackburn? id like to see him given a chance, decent game for him too against weaker opposition. might be able to do a job covering for tiote whilst hes away

I thought he did well. Decent passing, some good strength/hold up play in the middle. The simple stuff really which allowed Cabaye to push up and thus be more influential in the centre.

Not sure about his shooting mind. :lol:

Landed in Leazes Park pond.

Not sure about his shooting mind. :lol:

Landed in Leazes Park pond.

It was indeed a terrible shot :lol: Rush of blood to the head!

Shola's shot was marginally worse though :lol:

Regarding Abeid and Cabaye, Radio Newcastle seemed to think that on Saturday - in the first half at least - both players were playing far too deep, leading to there being 30-40 yards between the midfield and the forwards and therefore not much of a link between midfield and attack.

Any truth in that?

Regarding Abeid and Cabaye, Radio Newcastle seemed to think that on Saturday - in the first half at least - both players were playing far too deep, leading to there being 30-40 yards between the midfield and the forwards and therefore not much of a link between midfield and attack.

Any truth in that?

Aye...both were sitting deep, hence Ben Arfa looking a little lost in the number 10 role.  Both Barfa and Best were dropping back to try and fill the gap, but both ended up being too deep also. 

I think Cabaye was offering protection to Abeid with him being an relative unknown quantity.  As the game settled, Cabaye was more willing to drive forward and confident to let Abeid to his thing, hence second half basically us camping in the Blackburn half.

Any truth in that?

Aye...both were sitting deep, hence Ben Arfa looking a little lost in the number 10 role.  Both Barfa and Best were dropping back to try and fill the gap, but both ended up being too deep also. 

I think Cabaye was offering protection to Abeid with him being an relative unknown quantity.  As the game settled, Cabaye was more willing to drive forward and confident to let Abeid to his thing, hence second half basically us camping in the Blackburn half.

Fair do's, cheers.  Hopefully they can carry that 2nd half forward if they're paired together on Sunday then.

Any truth in that?

Fair do's, cheers.  Hopefully they can carry that 2nd half forward if they're paired together on Sunday then.

For my money Abeid should keep the shirt, by all accounts was more than competent against Premier League opposition and is the sort of player to be filling in for Tiote while he's away. I do like Guhtrie's form this season but naturally this weekend will be too soon for him.

Guest johnson293

Sorry if giggs...

SkySportsNews Sky Sports News

QPR appoint Mark Hughes as manager on two-and-a-half-year contract- more on SSN

Guest icemanblue

SSN making sure everyone knows this game is on TV. I wouldn't put it past them that Sky pressured QPR to sack Warnock in order for them to get more coverage on the game after Barton was banned.

:lol: