FA Cup 4th Round: Brighton (a) - 28/01/12 @ 5.15pm (live on ESPN)

JH
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Geordiesned

Iv got a railcard. The station for the actual stadium is called falmer. Not looked into where the pubs are.

Home fans only in pubs around ground. Brighton or Lewes best for away fans but can be a nightmare getting train to Falmer from either if you leave it too late. Ground has bars open early though.

It doesn't surprise me that they have moved because we were basically sitting on scaffolding and behind one goal was a big hill (no stand at all) with a house at the top. I just seem to have completely missed the move :lol:

Stupid question but has the Brighton ground moved? Sure we walked to the ground from the centre a few years back  :undecided: :crazy2:

are you on about the sports type stadium they were playing at or the goldstone ground ?

Yeah I think it was a sports type stadium, may have had a running track but I may be making that up.

It was a sunny day if that helps.

Guest Geordiesned

The new ground is the American Express Stadium or AMEX for short and according to Google it's 3.5 miles from Brighton.

The new ground is the American Express Stadium or AMEX for short and according to Google it's 3.5 miles from Brighton.

You're on about their old stadium, the Withdean, they play at the Amex now.

:thup:

Stupid question but has the Brighton ground moved? Sure we walked to the ground from the centre a few years back  :undecided: :crazy2:

are you on about the sports type stadium they were playing at or the goldstone ground ?

Yeah I think it was a sports type stadium, may have had a running track but I may be making that up.

It was a sunny day if that helps.

sunny day ? a little breezy but pleasant.....must've been the withdean.

Guest Ebolarama

I live in Brighton, so any questions, just shout.

No pubs near the stadium. The only one or two in nearby Falmer village will most likely be ordered to close for the game.

There are portable real ale and lager keg bars inside the stadium, liberally sprinkled all about the place, so you won't go short of a drink at the Amex. The stadium also has a very decent proper bar.

In Brighton itself, avoid the pubs on the main drag called West Street and on Queens Road just down from Brighton station - they're grotty and depressing. Far better boozers if you head down Trafalgar Street, along Western Road or down to the seafront if the sun is out. Not sure if there'll be any restrictions on entry though, but can't see the game being classified as dodgy in any particular way by the local police.

Alternatively, if you're not travelling down to Brighton itself on the day (and it can be a bit pointless TBH as the Amex is well outside the city), you could pitstop at Lewes where there are loads of great pubs and it's only a short hop (one stop, five minutes-ish) to Falmer station. You can also go direct from London Victoria to Lewes. Lewes also has a football team with a great little ground, and they're playing at 2:00pm. Could make a day of it.

Post-game, the transport situation at the Amex can be a right nightmare. Queues for trains and buses can take absolutely ages, so you might be best off grabbing a beer at the stadium post-game and waiting an hour or so for the crowds to clear.

Guest neesy111

From the BBC....

Brighton and Hove Albion players questioned over sex assault

Six men, believed to be Brighton and Hove Albion footballers, have been arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting a woman in the city.

Sussex Police said five men from Brighton and one from Dorset had been questioned about an attack in July.

The force said an 18-year-old man, an 19-year-old, two men aged 20 and one aged 24, all from Brighton, and a 20-year-old from Dorset had been arrested.

Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club has not yet commented.

From the BBC....

Brighton and Hove Albion players questioned over sex assault

Six men, believed to be Brighton and Hove Albion footballers, have been arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting a woman in the city.

Sussex Police said five men from Brighton and one from Dorset had been questioned about an attack in July.

The force said an 18-year-old man, an 19-year-old, two men aged 20 and one aged 24, all from Brighton, and a 20-year-old from Dorset had been arrested.

Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club has not yet commented.

Could this effect our game?