FA Cup 4th Round: Brighton (a) - 28/01/12 @ 5.15pm (live on ESPN)

JH
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Possibly (optimistically) the last time we have to see Shola Ameobi :smitten:

No way :lol:

He'll still be getting games this time next year!

We can't afford to mess about. We should go all out for the cup. Start with Strongest availiable side imo:

Krul

Simpson  Willi Colo?/Perch  Santon

Ben Arfa  Cabaye  Guthrie  Jonas

Best        Vuckik

Bench: Harper, Streete?, Ferguson, Taylor, Mehdi, Gosling, Shola

Shola has been piss poor in last two so lets give Vuckik another chance, although these are sometimes the type of game Shola does well in and i'm pretty confident Pardew will play him. Vuckik had next to no service at all in his last run out. If we are winning comfortably protect our best players.

At first I thought, oh, Beren's being optimistic about our chances, until I realised it was the list of teams he wanted to go through hence posing less threat to Newcastle.

:okay:

I felt like a dick putting Everton down, because I knew you'd have that reaction :lol: Tbf, it's only because I have thought Fulham were a very dangerous team for a long time now. Also our record against them is pish.

That said, you must be worried man. Your slump isn't ending, you're still goalshy and Jagielka/Distin seem to have been out for a while.

At first I thought, oh, Beren's being optimistic about our chances, until I realised it was the list of teams he wanted to go through hence posing less threat to Newcastle.

:okay:

I felt like a dick putting Everton down, because I knew you'd have that reaction :lol: Tbf, it's only because I have thought Fulham were a very dangerous team for a long time now. Also our record against them is pish.

That said, you must be worried man. Your slump isn't ending, you're still goalshy and Jagielka/Distin seem to have been out for a while.

I've been quite vocal about my increasing lack of faith in Moyes and his decisions. It's got to the point where I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if teams like Fulham (an average team) beat us at home; there's something majorly wrong.

Doesn't help numerous players are randomly getting injured for 3-4 weeks at the same time. But that's just a partial cover of deeper reasons we're doing shit.

:sadnod: Yeah, I think even at full blast you might go through dry spells/encounter frustration just because you don't have the cutting edge or incisiveness to break down teams (or not enough, anyway), but the injuries have destabilised your solid defence too. For your sake, I hope they get back soon otherwise I could see you sliding into dangerous territory which would be a massive shame.

Honestly, we don't have a solid defence. They have the odd good game but on a regular basis, we concede from minimal pressure.

You and I both know - looking beyond this season/next season - where it's leading to if something doesn't change. We'll have to look at boosting our income through the most direct method - selling assets.

That's an equally slippery slope because of how much of the money will have to go to the bank/get dissolved into nothingness due to a wealth of bullshit reasons given to us by the sorry sods we have running us. Last part sound familiar?

Happy days! Anyway, back to your game...

10-0, Ameobi with 9, Ba's consciousness with the other.

Honestly, we don't have a solid defence. They have the odd good game but on a regular basis, we concede from minimal pressure.

You and I both know - looking beyond this season/next season - where it's leading to if something doesn't change. I guess we'd have to seriously look at boosting our income through the most direct method - selling assets.

That's an equally slippery slope because of how much of the money will have to go to the bank/get dissolved into nothingness due to a wealth of bullshit reasons given to us by the sorry sods we have running us. Last part sound familiar?

Happy days!

Do you have any high-salaried wastes-of-space on your books whose contracts are expiring? If so, relegation might be better for the club in the long-term. People always mock that viewpoint, I know, but perpetually circling the drain is a sad existence in the Premier League IMO. It hurts, but there's no indignity in being a lower division club - especially if you're not equipped to compete (in any meaningful way) in a higher division. The momentum of coming can also be good/build youngsters into winners etc. I don't know, maybe I'm extrapolating too much from Newcastle and a select few others.

Krul

Simpson  Willi Colo?/Perch  Santon

Ben Arfa  Cabaye  Guthrie  Jonas

Best        Vuckik

Bench: Harper, Streete?, Ferguson, Taylor, Mehdi, Gosling, Shola

If we play this team we win  if we play Shola draw or even lose...

Missing Colo is a worry and I concur with playing the strongest possible side. Perch at DC just doesn't inspire me with confidence. :( Once again, our defensive shortcomings are being well exposed. How long have we needed cover at centre-half now and it's just not happened?

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

Perch gets needless amount of criticism on these threads.

Cant be a coincidence....there must be something in it...

Missing Colo is a worry and I concur with playing the strongest possible side. Perch at DC just doesn't inspire me with confidence. :( Once again, our defensive shortcomings are being well exposed. How long have we needed cover at centre-half now and it's just not happened?

If it doesn't happen in the next 5 days we are asking for trouble