The other games today - 2011/12

Rich

Palace have boatloads of part-time fans like. More or less everyone I know from South London follows them as a second team yet none support them.

pretty much all my mates do. i admit i jump on the bandwagon

Cardiff will be absolutely pasted in the final, whoever gets through.

There are only four league games between now and then so it'll be hard to know who to root for should Liverpool get there. I'd much prefer them not to win it but not at the expense of us qualifying for Europe.

Am I the only englishman who likes the song 'men of harlech' ?

Nope, me too. Love Welsh choirs. I have an ex whose Dad sang at the Royal Albert Hall - when we went back to the hotel the whole choir got pissed and sang in the bar. Magic.

Crystal Palace are pretty much the only team deep into S. London hence the number of casual fans they have. North London have more and better sides.

What of Millwall?

They are much closer the river. I mean deep into South London you have Palace and AFC Wimbledon. The rest including Charlton are further up the map. That's it for what must be 2m people.

Guest Roger Kint

Am I right in thinking we need city to win tonight (and in the final) for European positions to extend to 7th?

Aye as long as the FA Cup is contested by two teams in the top 6 as well i think.

Am I right in thinking we need city to win tonight (and in the final) for European positions to extend to 7th?

Aye as long as the FA Cup is contested by two teams in the top 6 as well i think.

If that happens, we finish 7th, but Liverpool win the League Cup as well as finish 6th, we will get into the Europa won't we?  Always get confused by this  :lol:

Only the 436th time the European qualification rules have been explained on here. To clarify:

CL = Top four

Europa League = 5th place, CC winner, FA Cup winner.

If the winner of the CC is already qualified for Europe, the european spot goes to the next team in the league.

If the winner of the FA Cup is already qualified for Europe, the european spot goes to the FA Cup runner up. If they are already qualified as well, then it goes to the league.

The FA cup runners up only get in if the winners have qualified for the CL. If 5th won cup (and hadn't also won league cup) the runners up wouldn't get in.

So the spot associated with the cup pulls rank over the cup one, i.e. the 5th place spot goes to 6th? Didn't know that.

Consider me clarified.

Liverpool: Reina, Johnson, Enrique, Skrtel, Agger, Downing, Kuyt, Adam, Henderson, Gerrard, Bellamy.

Man City: Hart; Richards, Savic, Lescott, Zabaleta; De Jong, Barry; Silva, Nasri, Kolarov; Dzeko.