The other games today - 2011/12

Rich

Great entertainment :clap:

Aye, class game - didn't realise Madrid were getting closer to Barca playing wise, first time (in a while) I've seen them try and play football for 90minutes against Barca.

Great entertainment :clap:

Aye, class game - didn't realise Madrid were getting closer to Barca playing wise, first time (in a while) I've seen them try and play football for 90minutes against Barca.

Had to play to win/score twice is probably why.

Would be pointless to sit back like they've done of recent.

Should really have gone through had it not been for lousy finishing and sloppy play.

45 free kicks in the game :lol:

Each?

Felt like it, but nah, total. Still, that must be a pretty high amount, free kick every other minute, and with the play acting and crowding the ref after each and everyone of them, it's no wonder that the game felt like nothing but free kicks.

Hate Barca, such a bunch of diving cheats

Real aren't?

Who commented on Real Madrid?

Nobody's really up Real Madrid's arse though, they admit they are cunts and then go shove it in your face.  Barca are just as bad but act as if they are some pure guardian angels of the game of Football because they pass it around a bit (meanwhile Madrid are on track for 134 league goals, but are portrayed as some sort of higher class version of Stoke)

Real aren't?

Nobody's really up Real Madrid's arse though, they admit they are cunts and then go shove it in your face.  Barca are just as bad but act as if they are some pure guardian angels of the game of Football because they pass it around a bit (meanwhile Madrid are on track for 134 league goals, but are portrayed as some sort of higher class version of Stoke)

Straw man swept aside there with no problem.

FWIW name a big team that doesn't carry on like a pack of cunts, I suspect you'll struggle. Unfortunately the burning desire to win makes them all act like a pack of bellends, often (and unfortunately) led by the manager who should be leading like a professional.

FWIW name a big team that doesn't carry on like a pack of cunts, I suspect you'll struggle. Unfortunately the burning desire to win makes them all act like a pack of bellends, often (and unfortunately) led by the manager who should be leading like a professional.

I'd like to think that KK's team was as close you might find. Probably why he/we never won a major honour.

Guest Craig-NUFC

FWIW name a big team that doesn't carry on like a pack of c***s, I suspect you'll struggle. Unfortunately the burning desire to win makes them all act like a pack of bellends, often (and unfortunately) led by the manager who should be leading like a professional.

Remember reading something a few years back that in practically every country bar England, diving and the likes isn't seen as cheating, but as a tool to get one up on your opponent and ultimately win.

FWIW name a big team that doesn't carry on like a pack of c***s, I suspect you'll struggle. Unfortunately the burning desire to win makes them all act like a pack of bellends, often (and unfortunately) led by the manager who should be leading like a professional.

Remember reading something a few years back that in practically every country bar England, diving and the likes isn't seen as cheating, but as a tool to get one up on your opponent and ultimately win.

:thup: yup. The dark arts aren't frowned so much abroad that's for sure.

Could be said that some nations actively thrive in them. Uruguay & Italy for example.

Guest Craig-NUFC

:thup: yup. The dark arts aren't frowned so much abroad that's for sure.

Could be said that some nations actively thrive in them. Uruguay & Italy for example.

Pretty sure the article was written after the Suarez incident at the WC and Uruguay were used as an example of a nation with the mentality of 'win at all costs'

Guest neesy111

If the authorities acted properly on all of the diving / cheating properly (because they don't) then it would stop the shit going on.

i.e.  Pepe's stamp last week, almost as bad of Balotelli's.  Pepe gets off, while Balotelli gets 3 game ban (+ 1 for previous sending off).

Real aren't?

Pass it around a bit. :lol:

Jose Mourinho has claimed that some of his Real Madrid players believe it is "impossible to win" at Barcelona's Nou Camp following their Copa del Rey exit.

Despite fighting back from two down to draw 2-2 on the night, his side lost the quarter-final 4-3 on aggregate.

Eight yellows were given to Real, including two to Sergio Ramos - the 13th dismissal of his Bernabeu career.

In apparent criticism of the referee, Mourinho said: "I heard [some players] say it was impossible to win here."

Real, who have won only one of the last 14 El Clasico encounters against Barca, dominated the first half but found themselves a goal down at the break - 3-1 on aggregate - after Lionel Messi danced through their defence to find Pedro.

And things got worse for the visitors when Dani Alves's fierce drive into the top corner earned the hosts a three-goal cushion.

But strikes from Cristiano Ronaldo and Karim Benzema meant Real only needed one more goal to complete a stunning comeback.

But Madrid could not find a way back and Mourinho - whose future at the Spanish giants has been called into question after he was jeered by fans last week for playing too defensively in the home leg - denied he had got his tactics wrong.

"No," he replied when asked whether he had made a mistake.

"We played a good game, the players played a very good game. We came here looking to win. We knew we were behind, we were motivated, wanted to win."

But Mourinho questioned whether visiting sides got their fair share of refereeing decisions at the Nou Camp.

"I have played here with Chelsea, Inter [Milan] and Madrid various times and this is nothing new," he said.

"I will congratulate Barcelona for what they did at the Bernabeu last week but not for the qualification."

Defender Alvaro Arbeloa agreed with his manager about the referee's performance, saying: "We were much better than Barcelona, we had a lot of opportunities but the referee lost it in the little details. We would have preferred it if the cards had been more evenly distributed."

But Barcelona defender Gerard Pique said Real were lucky not to have had another man dismissed.

He said: "The referee made mistakes in all senses, but he did the best he could. [Lassana] Diarra's play [in which he hacked Lionel Messi down having already been booked] was a clear sending-off."

His manager, Pep Guardiola, did not want to be drawn on that, but admitted he was relieved to have reached the semi-finals.

"Madrid is a great team and because of that this victory has great merit," he said. "Madrid played very well, but over the 180 minutes we were deserving winners. They played without pressure, because they knew they had nothing to lose.

"It is more difficult to beat Real Madrid every time we play them and that is why we are so happy."

Or maybe, just maybe, they went out because their finishing was shit?

Well, that was great entertainment yesterday. Real Madrid were bound to have a good game against us at some point and - as I have said here lots of times - they put us under much more trouble when they have a go at us and try to play football.

All in all, delighted we won the tie. Still a very tough tie against Valencia before we can claim a final (I'd love another cup final against Athletic).

Oh, and I wasn't around yesterday so I couldn't say this:

Espanyol :mackems:

(gotta say an all-Barcelona final would have been class, but you just can't trust the parakeets even when handed the best possible draw ever)

Those bastards let me down on two accumulators. Can you explain they're exit? I couldn't even find the opposition in tables.

Well, that was great entertainment yesterday. Real Madrid were bound to have a good game against us at some point and - as I have said here lots of times - they put us under much more trouble when they have a go at us and try to play football.

All in all, delighted we won the tie. Still a very tough tie against Valencia before we can claim a final (I'd love another cup final against Athletic).

Do you feel you were let off the hook slightly?

Madrid had 2/3 glorious chances to take the lead in the tie. Then you's socred then Alves hit an absolute screamer to seemingly put the tie out of sight.

Obviously Diarra blatently should have had a second yellow card but the reaction of the Barcelona players was awful, Puyol one of the main culprits.

Then obviously in the dying minutes Madrid eventually got the red card which never was but never had any effect on the final outcome.