The other games today - 2011/12

Rich

There was a point in time where I thought that Glen Johnson was an exciting fullback. Oh my, possibly my second worst football prediction of all time. Mind you, he still was good in his first season at Liverpool, but has regressed badly since then. He doesn't even have his attacking play to balance out his defensive frailties anymore.

Regarding Liverpool, I agree with Beren, they are a solid looking team because they have a very defensive minded team, but have extremely little attacking nous. It's not a matter of adding a good goalscorer, their entire mindset needs to change, and quite a bit of that solidness will go away as a result.

I've been saying this for a while, I think Liverpool are actually quite good. Good and settled back five, hard-working midfield, and sooner or later they are going to start scoring goals. If they pick up a direct, dynamic centre-forward in the summer they will be there or thereabouts.

Someone like Demba Ba, or Cisse.....

Well quite, that was my subtext.

I disagree, tbh. They're like a higher calibre Birmingham (under McLeish, that is). Their defence isn't outstanding (it has Glen Johnson ffs :lol:), but because their midfield is so defence-minded, you'd never know it. They'd need a top, top striker (as in Aguero-level) to get them good enough going forwards to compete at the top because their midfield doesn't have as much creativity as they need IMO.

I agree to an extent, but I think they have the options, they've just chosen to be more defensive. The creativity is there in players like Gerrard and Bellamy, and Johnson offers some dynamism going forward. They were clearly hoping to use him for penetration on the right and Downing on the left, and Downing has been the biggest let-down. Other than Carroll, obviously, and Suarez's finishing.

Oh aye, definitely a choice. One they've opted for, for many years - the choice to be sturdy/solid rather than devastating/fluid. I really hate it tbh :lol: Epitomises Liverpool to me though. :anguish:

Not sure Gerrard/Bellamy have the season-long dynamism required. Johnson is good going forwards, though. If Downing can find his form, he'll be useful. Still not enough to compete with Arsenal (Walcott, Oxlade, Gervinho, Ramsey) or better though. Sturdiness will take them a long way, mind you, especially since theirs is a rich man's sturdiness - just doubt they'll crack the top four with their currently mentality/personnel.

Guest neesy111

There was a point in time where I thought that Glen Johnson was an exciting fullback. Oh my, possibly my second worst football prediction of all time. Mind you, he still was good in his first season at Liverpool, but has regressed badly since then. He doesn't even have his attacking play to balance out his defensive frailties anymore.

Regarding Liverpool, I agree with Beren, they are a solid looking team because they have a very defensive minded team, but have extremely little attacking nous.

16M.  Another great Rafa signing.

Guest Chubby Jason

Suarez must be the biggest c*** in football.

Disappointed that any of the Man U players shook his hand after he refused Evra's,

Nothing wrong with that. They probably saw sense in wanting to not add to this circus.

Suarez must be the biggest c*** in football.

Disappointed that any of the Man U players shook his hand after he refused Evra's,

I'm sure some didn't see it.

Rio saw it and didn't shake his hand, I don't think the others saw it.

Emmanuel Eboue @TheRealEboue  Reply  Retweet  Favorite · Open

Luiz suarez contribution on the game so far was not shaking hands.. racist fool.. he can shake my ass next time he sees me..

Guest kingdawson

So in around 75 minutes of football since his return Suarez has booted Parker in the chess, claimed a penalty for handball despite him being the only one who handled the ball, not shakes the hand of the victim of his racist abuse, claimed a foul and jumped around like a little fairy about not being given it despite rio clearly getting the ball and booted the ball to the stands in frustration after the whistle is blown. What a nasty human being.