The other games today - 2011/12

Rich

Wonder how much these lads are on. Half the team is probably on 3 grand a week or something silly like that. Just goes to prove you dont need billionaires in order to play decent fotball. Just a manager who dont mind actually giving it a go.

I think there's a bit more to Bielsa than "a manager who dont mind actually giving it a go".. You like to oversimplify things, don't you? Play FM much?

Football is a simple game, made complicated by people who dont have a clue.

No idea what he says to the lads, but they are playing 10 times the fotball at 1/10th of the salary we are paying. Just an observation.

:facepalm:

Not meant in a litteral sense you mong. Goes to show you can play decent fotball even with a limited squad.

You just keep going, don't you? What's limited about their squad? The fact is those players are technically vastly superior to most players in the Premiership. They have also been welded into a very strong unit by a superb tactician of the game, and their fitness was top notch.

You make it sound like you have only just found out tonight that playing good football without zillions of pounds investment is possible. Clubs and nations that focus more on youth development have been doing it for donkey's years. To achieve it you need a lot more than "a manager who dont mind actually giving it a go" who says the right thing in the dressing room on match day. Saying "football is a simple game, made complicated by people who dont have a clue" is really not doing their performance credit. In fact, in your case I would argue the exact opposite of that statement is true.

Edit: you may want to give that article VI posted on the last page a read. You'll appreciate it's about a bit more than saying "you can do this lads!" in the pre match team talk.

Their squad is limited in the sense that there are loads of clubs bigger than them who could swoop in at any moment and take their players, both with and without backing from sovereign states  :knuppel2:

Again, my comment was not to be taken litterarily, it was a tongue-in-cheek comment in regards to those defending pardew and saying half our team is s*** and we are basically forced to play the way we do. The mindset of the Atletico coach is certainly more offensively orientated than our coach. Here we have a club with vastly inferior means and players who earn a fifth of danny simpson playing vastly superior fotball. So if we are to replace pardew with anyone, I wouldnt mind this lad. Heinki Vogel would be another good candidate.

Loads of good coaches around.

Except your comment wasn't tongue in cheek, you posted similar comments just before: "give it a go"? Also, I haven't seen anybody on here "defending Pardew saying our team is shit and we are basically forced to play the way we do".. I also don't know where you get the idea from that La Liga players earn a pittance, again this is grossly misguided, as is the concept that there are loads of great coaches around. Bielsa is a great tactician, maybe even a one off, not just "a good coach". You're making it all up as you go along, aren't you..?

Guest bimpy474

Wonder how much these lads are on. Half the team is probably on 3 grand a week or something silly like that. Just goes to prove you dont need billionaires in order to play decent fotball. Just a manager who dont mind actually giving it a go.

I think there's a bit more to Bielsa than "a manager who dont mind actually giving it a go".. You like to oversimplify things, don't you? Play FM much?

Football is a simple game, made complicated by people who dont have a clue.

No idea what he says to the lads, but they are playing 10 times the fotball at 1/10th of the salary we are paying. Just an observation.

:facepalm:

Not meant in a litteral sense you mong. Goes to show you can play decent fotball even with a limited squad.

You just keep going, don't you? What's limited about their squad? The fact is those players are technically vastly superior to most players in the Premiership. They have also been welded into a very strong unit by a superb tactician of the game, and their fitness was top notch.

You make it sound like you have only just found out tonight that playing good football without zillions of pounds investment is possible. Clubs and nations that focus more on youth development have been doing it for donkey's years. To achieve it you need a lot more than "a manager who dont mind actually giving it a go" who says the right thing in the dressing room on match day. Saying "football is a simple game, made complicated by people who dont have a clue" is really not doing their performance credit. In fact, in your case I would argue the exact opposite of that statement is true.

Edit: you may want to give that article VI posted on the last page a read. You'll appreciate it's about a bit more than saying "you can do this lads!" in the pre match team talk.

Their squad is limited in the sense that there are loads of clubs bigger than them who could swoop in at any moment and take their players, both with and without backing from sovereign states  :knuppel2:

Again, my comment was not to be taken litterarily, it was a tongue-in-cheek comment in regards to those defending pardew and saying half our team is s*** and we are basically forced to play the way we do. The mindset of the Atletico coach is certainly more offensively orientated than our coach. Here we have a club with vastly inferior means and players who earn a fifth of danny simpson playing vastly superior fotball. So if we are to replace pardew with anyone, I wouldnt mind this lad. Heinki Vogel would be another good candidate.

Loads of good coaches around.

Except your comment wasn't tongue in cheek, you posted similar comments just before: "give it a go"? Also, I haven't seen anybody on here "defending Pardew saying our team is shit and we are basically forced to play the way we do".. I also don't know where you get the idea from that La Liga players earn a pittance, again this is grossly misguided, as is the concept that there are loads of great coaches around. Bielsa is a great tactician, maybe even a one off, not just "a good coach". You're making it all up as you go along, aren't you..?

Jack "Quincy" Klugmann, eat your heart out :D

Missed the two Manchester games tonight. Quick summary anyone?

Sporting's centre half scored a great backheel, deserved score line.

Athletic absolutely took the piss out of Man U at OT. One of the best games all season.

I simply love Bielsa hes a fantastic manager and always gets his team to play wonderfully brillaint football......

At Bilbao he has found a perfect mix between a direct style while heavily based on passing and its amazing to watch i actually enjoy watching it more than i do Barcelona.

Javi Martinez, Ander Herrera and Iker Munian just to name a few are wonderfully young talented players and the future of the Spanish national team IMO.

Speaking of Munian he should go to the Euro's in my view alongside his team mate Llorente, Villa and Llorente.

Considering i watch Bilbao very often i was'nt suprised by this at all, but it was still a fantastic performance.

Bielsa is quite frankly a genius and funny enough considering all their problems an Argentine.

Guest bimpy474

Both shit, both lost, Bilbao brilliant and unbelieveable has turned in Inspector Jack Frost, otherwise quiet, i'm munching on some custard creams and the kids Fairy cakes if that livens things up.

Sporting's centre half scored a great backheel, deserved score line.

Athletic absolutely took the p*ss out of Man U at OT. One of the best games all season.

Both s***, both lost, Bilbao brilliant and unbelieveable has turned in Inspector Jack Frost, otherwise quiet, i'm munching on some custard creams and the kids Fairy cakes if that livens things up.

Will have to catch the highlights somewhere.

manu midfield looked very ordinary tonight. They had no answer.

Let's be fair thier midfield when Carrick or Scholes dont play or both always looks ordinary just somehow manage to still win.

Being dominated twice by Norwich sort of shows this and iam sure theres more examples.

Both s***, both lost, Bilbao brilliant and unbelieveable has turned in Inspector Jack Frost, otherwise quiet, i'm munching on some custard creams and the kids Fairy cakes if that livens things up.

Okay, I'll sit down and relax now.. :lol:

Guest bimpy474

Okay, I'll sit down and relax now.. :lol:

Noooo dont, its compelling viewing, hence the fairy cakes :D

Sid Lowe saying Bilbao's squad was put together for around €30m. Pretty mental.

It's never going to be high though, due to the cantera policy.

Ander Iturraspe impressed me tonight, seems to have replaced Martinez doing the old Martinez role.

Reading the Sun's match report of the game tonight and it seems they are having a cheeky dig at Channel 5.

This was no smash and grab from the Basque side, either. They dominated much of the game.

Their slick passing football unstitched United time and time again.

http://ar.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/generic/81/42/36/lawsofthegame_2011_12e.pdf

If a player loses his footwear accidentally and immediately plays the ball and/or scores a goal, there is no infringement and the goal is awarded because he lost his footwear by accident.

Doesn't say owt about if it's not an accident.

Was gonna say didn't Gazza score a goal a few years back (v Arsenal??) with no boot on?

Love watching Bilbao and their values and the way they play football makes it a great story.

Hope they can win the competition and I'm sure they will give Barca a good game in the Copa Del Rey final.