The other games today - 2011/12

Rich

To me Milan are the team that cause Barca the most problems but not because of thier ability as a side, alot like in Boxing where styles make fights here Milan's style make Barca uncomfortable to the extent where they are vulnerable.

Whether they can knock them out or not is another matter entirely but they are the most likely to do so outside of Madrid IMO

Madrid would be favorites against Bayern, but they should to well not to be too confident. Bayern's strengths match Real Madrid weaknesses to a pee.

Weaknesses? Isn't Barcelona their only weakness? ;D

Madrid have trouble dealing with wingers roaming between their midfield and the defence, plus they struggle in the air (they have conceded a high amount of headers, something Mourinho himself complains often about). Thus Robben/Ribery/Gómez can potentially torment them. Not saying that will be enough to put them out, but Bayern is the only side outside FCB that I think potentially could eliminate them.

And yes, Milan is a bad (or good depending on how you look at it) fit for us, too. I also feel uncomfortable playing the same side so many times the same season, gets harder to go and surprise them.

Bayern are gonna hammer you.

Dortmund are the best team in Germany and OM beat them twice in the group stage with an aggregate score of 6-2. No team in Germany should intimidate them. People underestimate Om because the team in rubbish.

Dortmund are top of the league on consistency but an in-form Bayern are far more devastating and could beat any team in Europe on their day.

1. Dortmund were completely out of form the time they met Marsaille. They would probably beat them now.

2. Bayern couldn't "beat any team in Europe on their day". I long for the day when The One comes to the Allianz Arena for the first time this year....

Of course Bayern could beat any team in Europe on their day man - take off your blinkers. :lol:

Take "on their day" as their performance against Man City in Munich earlier in the season, for example. They would've beaten anybody that night. Munich's problem is consistency not a lack of ability.

Guardiola: "Bielsa is currently the best manager in the planet" :smitten:

Well Guardiola is just wrong on this one.  Nice of him though.

That's got to have stuck in Jose's craw. Looking forward to the Copa del Rey final, should be a humdinger.

EL draw:

Atlético Madrid - Hannover

AZ Alkmaar - Valencia (tasty)

Sporting CP - Metallist

Schalke 04 - Athletic Club

Very likely to have at least 1 finalist there. Can see both Atleti and Valencia progressing on their side.

Schalke vs. Bilbao will be a canny game.

Indeed iam looking forward to it quite alot, also is it just me or has the EL been more interesting and entertaining than the CL this year?

The EL always has lots of interesting ties and good games. Ignore the group stages and it's actually a really good competition.

Schalke vs. Bilbao will be a canny game.

Whoever wins that game will win the tournament I think.

I think Bilbao will just edge it.

Despite Atleti and Valencia both being above Athletic in the league?

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Howard, Neville, Heitinga, Distin, Baines, Coleman, Fellaini, Osman, Drenthe, Cahill, Jelavic

Mignolet, Bardsley, Turner, O'Shea, Bridge, Larsson, Gardner, Colback, McClean, Campbell, Bendtner