The other games today - 2011/12

Rich

Guest andrew

Incredibly lazy journalism to blame Man City's collapse solely on Balotelli, which is the way Neville was hinting. Loads of their players have been bang out of form for months now, and they've carried far too many passengers from the get go anyway. The spine of their side is built on people like Lescott and Barry ffs.

i agree with the sentiment but I personally think lescott is a very good player. He's not much of a footballer but he's a very good defender and he does work well with Kompany. Should be starting for me at the euros for england.

Milner and Barry are not top 5 players, nope.

Guest neesy111

Incredibly lazy journalism to blame Man City's collapse solely on Balotelli, which is the way Neville was hinting. Loads of their players have been bang out of form for months now, and they've carried far too many passengers from the get go anyway. The spine of their side is built on people like Lescott and Barry ffs.

Aye, 16 point swing in 4 months can't be down to 1 player.

Question to the Balotelli fans... Explain to me and highlight these moments when he's showed great ability... As far as my memory goes back (Inter) there has never been anything... Apart from the rarest of occasions...

Spot on.

Silva has been off the boil for months now and Nasri has flattered to deceive all season.

Was surprised to see Nasri has like the 5th best passing accuracy in the European top leagues. Only Joe Allen, Xavi, Busquets and someone else is infront of him. Although I do agree he hasnt looked very good for a long while this year.

Guest VaVaVoom

I personally think its down to Mancini losing his bottle and losing the group with his poor decisions.

Considering the way he started I think Aguero's been canny shit too. Got a good goal record but rarely stamps his influence on a game like Tevez regularly does.

Less said about Dzeko the better.

Guest neesy111

I personally think its down to Mancini losing his bottle and losing the group with his poor decisions.

Never rated Mancini as a manager, just see nothing from him that stand out.

Considering the way he started I think Aguero's been canny shit too. Got a good goal record but rarely stamps his influence on a game like Tevez regularly does.

He's not the type of player to stamp his influence on games like Tevez does. Although agree with what you're saying about his form.

Guest neesy111

Aguero hasn't scored outside the North West IIRC.

Question to the Balotelli fans... Explain to me and highlight these moments when he's showed great ability... As far as my memory goes back (Inter) there has never been anything... Apart from the rarest of occasions...

Once scored a freekick against Ruben Kazan which was one of the best shot's i've seen in my life..that's all i remember him doing that is 'exceptional"

Agreed. Balotelli's the character and been poor himself. But he's been no worse than Aguero, Silva and Dzeko who have been anonymous for months and a few more. It comes from the manager.

Considering the way he started I think Aguero's been canny s*** too. Got a good goal record but rarely stamps his influence on a game like Tevez regularly does.

What?  Scored against Spurs for a start didn't he?

Guest neesy111

Considering the way he started I think Aguero's been canny s*** too. Got a good goal record but rarely stamps his influence on a game like Tevez regularly does.

I think that's his only goal outside the North West.  The stat is something like that.

Spot on.

Silva has been off the boil for months now and Nasri has flattered to deceive all season.

Balotelli has actually been one of their better performers over the course of the whole season, dickhead or not.

There's players in that squad with more experience and of supposedly better character than Balotelli (21 years old) who have completely gone into their shells. Silva disappeared months ago, Nasri has underperformed all season long, Dzeko has been utter trash for months on end, Adam Johnson has been rubbish.

I said it when they were fucking up in the Champions League but people like Lescott, Barry, Milner simply aren't up to it. They were all fine when the team was doing well but as soon as Touré went away and Silva stopped performing their skill-levels weren't good enough and they don't have the character that the Man United squad players do.

I think that's his only goal outside the North West.  The stat is something like that.

2 at Fulham as well, but not far off.  Didn't think he was that bad away from home.

Need a new manager tbh.

Defensive football like that will not win you the league. Far too often he's put Barry, Lescott and Milner into a team away from home and played for the 0-0.