The other games today - 2011/12

Rich

Guest ItalianMagpie

So basically a Chelsea Champions League win is the only way we can't qualify for Europe if Liverpool win?

I didn't know this, really? :(

Where does the other place go? I thought we were certain for Europe if Everton lost today and we didn't implode allowing them to catch us? ???

If Chelsea win the Champions League AND do not qualify for it through the league, only the first 3 teams will qualify for it through the league (+ Chelsea, obviously) while 4th and 5th will go to EL. If we finish 6th then we don't go anywhere.

Guest Roger Kint

Chelsea win CL is shocking & embarassing for Spanish football... we lose all next 5 games shocking & embarassing for Alan Pardew....

So its all of Spains fault if one happens but Pardews alone for another? Ok.....

Chelsea win CL is shocking & embarassing for Spanish football... we lose all next 5 games shocking & embarassing for Alan Pardew....

So its all of Spains fault if one happens but Pardews alone for another? Ok.....

correct you pardew fan boy...

Guest bimpy474

So basically a Chelsea Champions League win is the only way we can't qualify for Europe if Liverpool win?

Where does the other place go? I thought we were certain for Europe if Everton lost today and we didn't implode allowing them to catch us? ???

If Chelsea win the Champions League AND do not qualify for it through the league, only the first 3 teams will qualify for it through the league (+ Chelsea, obviously) while 4th and 5th will go to EL. If we finish 6th then we don't go anywhere.

We wont go in 5th place either, 4th will, 5th loses out because Liverpool took the EL place.

But then if we finish 6th as you say. Chelsea will have finished 5th, and we would get that Euro spot wouldnt we?

Surely them winning the CL wouldnt reduce the amount of places England get for Europe?

Guest Roger Kint

That makes no sense at all. If Chelsea arent in the first 3 as you say then surely they are one of the 3 teams in 4-6th which take the remaining CL and two EC places?

Guest Roger Kint

correct you pardew fan boy...

:lol:

Guest bimpy474

That makes no sense at all. If Chelsea arent in the first 3 as you say then surely they are one of the 3 teams in 4-6th which take the remaining CL and two EC places?

Too many different ways for it to go at the moment, but we are at about 90% certain as it stands.

Guest Wally_McFool

We wont go in 5th place either, 4th will, 5th loses out because Liverpool took the EL place.

I've got as much chance of shagging Kelly Brook as Chelsea have of winning the Champions League.

From the race for Europe OP.

"The current understanding is that should Chelsea win the Champions League and finish outside the top 4 they will take the 4th CL Qualifying place. The team finishing in 4th will be given a place in the Europa League, this will be in addition to the 3 Europa League places awarded to England."