NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

@MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

Tomorrow has good news on the defensive front as Pardew closes in on two January targets; plus updates on Prior & Guthrie's contract #nufc

1 minute ago

Two, i'm having a Sean Connnery ffs help me.

LB and CB

Best January transfer window for years if that happens.

Well if it moves Santon right and simpson as back-off then i'm happy

:lol: Funny typos are funny.

That was intentional i assure you

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

@MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

Tomorrow has good news on the defensive front as Pardew closes in on two January targets; plus updates on Prior & Guthrie's contract #nufc

1 minute ago

Don't quite believe it'll be that positive but hey :dontknow:

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Newcastle-Alan-Pardew-wants-Danny-Guthrie-and-Fabricio-Colocinni-to-sign-contract-extensions-article855875.html

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew has revealed his next two priority signings.

Both players are already at St James’ Park but sealing new contracts for midfield ace Danny Guthrie and ­Argentinian centre-back Fabricio Colocinni is ­dominating his thinking.

Guthrie has been a revelation when standing in for Cheick Tiote in the midfield anchor role while captain Colocinni is arguably the Magpies’ player of the ­season so far.

Pardew said: “Danny has impressed me this season. He has been outstanding when given his chance.

“I haven’t had a chat with him about a new contract but it will happen shortly.

“When Tiote went out of the team injured and Danny came in, it was seamless.”

Pardew believes Guthrie can become a top player at Newcastle if he commits his future to the club.

He added: “His passing is fantastic. He makes a big statement on the pitch. He just fits into how I play.

“These negotiations are going to be difficult for him. But he’s in a good place and he needs to remember the grass isn’t always greener.

“And high on my list is a new contract for Coloccini. I would like to get his ­future at the club sorted out.

“He has been outstanding and justified my decision to give him the armband. He is a huge player for us.”

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Newcastle-Alan-Pardew-wants-Danny-Guthrie-and-Fabricio-Colocinni-to-sign-contract-extensions-article855875.html

Both players are already at St James’ Park but sealing new contracts for midfield ace Danny Guthrie and ­Argentinian centre-back Fabricio Colocinni is ­dominating his thinking.

Guthrie has been a revelation when standing in for Cheick Tiote in the midfield anchor role while captain Colocinni is arguably the Magpies’ player of the ­season so far.

Pardew said: “Danny has impressed me this season. He has been outstanding when given his chance.

Pardew believes Guthrie can become a top player at Newcastle if he commits his future to the club.

He added: “His passing is fantastic. He makes a big statement on the pitch. He just fits into how I play.

“These negotiations are going to be difficult for him. But he’s in a good place and he needs to remember the grass isn’t always greener.

“And high on my list is a new contract for Coloccini. I would like to get his ­future at the club sorted out.

“He has been outstanding and justified my decision to give him the armband. He is a huge player for us.”

Odd thing to say.

Odd thing to say.

pardew says a lot of odd things. i hate hearing him speak or reading him.

Odd thing to say.

He loves a soundbite that's for sure. If we turn to shit, not that I expect us to, I think it'll probably be used as a stick to beat him with.

Odd thing to say.

Same.

I do think I know what he means in this case though.  He could likely go elsewhere and get a higher wage and more football.

Odd thing to say.

Same.

I do think I know what he means in this case though.  He could likely go elsewhere and get a higher wage and more football.

True, wouldn't begrudge him a move tbh. Could easily do a job for most PL and he's more repaid his fee/shit wages for us.

The really odd thing from Pardew in that statement was that Guthrie's passing was good?!?!??! Ridic... he's almost lucky every time he hits something that looks like a decent pass that the receiver actually receive imo. If he worked a little bit on it, he might be useful.

Guest pont-toon

@MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

1 minute ago

Don't quite believe it'll be that positive but hey :dontknow:

the 2 defensive targets that Douglas is reporting in todays Sunday Sun are Adrian Mariappa and a new contract for Colo.........with nufc then pursuing one of Douglas, Mbiwa or Vertonghen in the summer !

Don't know anything about Mariappa but he wouldn't be the first defender to step up from the championship at that sort of age (Jagielka, Lescott, Williamson etc..) and as Dr V says we could do with a pacey option back there.

Interesting if we are still trying to get one of these more highly rated cbs though as Mariappa would bring it up to 4 centre backs.

Colocinni[/b]-to-sign-contract-extensions-article855875.html]http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Newcastle-Alan-Pardew-wants-Danny-Guthrie-and-Fabricio-Colocinni-to-sign-contract-extensions-article855875.html

Still can't spell our captain's name ffs  :angry: